[official] Proposed Rule change for Reloads

Robi D

Minister of (Dis)Order
As the current self appointed of CDZ, I propose the following rules for reloads due to errors.

Conditions
  • Serious matter / game destroying event.
  • It can be verified.
  • It doesn’t unfairly affect another team.
  • It is not a regular occurrence / (un)limited reloads per team.
  • Request must be immediate.
  • Error has not given any / important benefits.
  • Request made anonymous
  • Admin decision or admin veto
  • Caused by an out of game incident

Situations
  • Settlement error.
  • Deleting / misusing a Great Person.
  • Rage quit.
  • Unintentional war declaration.

Teams to post their voting results below

Team CDZ votes Yes

Team Merlot votes NO and repeats the position stated in the other thread.

No reloads allowed for mistakes/missclicks by turnplayers unless the admins believe it is foul play that caused the mistake.

Fould play includes someone from team doing the mistake on purpose (rage quit), another team forcing the mistake by continuous diplo screen offers and an opponent crashing the game by exiting to desktop or something while you are in game causing lag that forces the mistake.

Forgive me for interrupting, but can someone point me to a post / rule that says whether in-progress game rule changes (such as this) are by vote or veto? (As opposed to decisions before the game started.) How are the results of this thread going to be counted?

Can I suggest, since obviously we can't simultaneously put that to a vote or veto, we let an independent person (admin or mod) make the call?

Forgive me for interrupting, but can someone point me to a post / rule that says whether in-progress game rule changes (such as this) are by vote or veto? (As opposed to decisions before the game started.) How are the results of this thread going to be counted?

Can I suggest, since obviously we can't simultaneously put that to a vote or veto, we let an independent person (admin or mod) make the call?

The ruleset is a bit ambiguous, but I interpret rule 4.3 and 4.4 as implying that any rule can be changed by majority vote.

I do think it's unfair to "vote a team off the island" by changing the rules in a way that hurts one team, and hopefully we'll never have a rule like that pass.

As the game reaches the conclusion, almost any change can be shown to hurt one team. So I expect we will have fewer rule changes, not more.

Team Quatronia is in favor of the rule change, a large majority supporting the criteria for admin decision on future reloads.

Reload Ammendment: Yes
Mavericks: No
AMAZON: Yes
Sirius: Yes
CDZ: Yes
Merlot: No
Quatronia: Yes

It doesn’t unfairly affect another team.
It is not a regular occurrence / (un)limited reloads per team.
Request must be immediate.
The easiest way to enforce all of these is:

A team asking for a reload must also call timeout and pause the game.

I doubt I will ever give a team a reload for a mistake if they don't use a timeout.

Top Bottom