On the use of Foreign Language

Tyo

HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND
Retired Moderator
Hey guys.

This isn't anything really significant, but it's at least a little relevant. I am aware that the use of foreign languages can be creatively used in different ways to invoke something or another in readers and I find such content to be pretty interesting.

Therefore in IOT, I will be putting an asterisk on the CFC rule regarding the use of foreign languages. If you are unaware, it is CFC rule to accompany foreign languages with an english translation.

On IOT (and IOT only as far as I'm regulating this) I will allow for posters to post in a foreign language within the context of roleplay without an English translation. I would emphasize that this will only apply to roleplay; however, other instances may be allowed at my own discretion. That is to say, if there's something you wanna do, just ask me about it.

That is all.

this is basically moderator overreach into the forum's rights to post bad memes in foreign languages

英語分からん。独裁者を倒せ!

Translation: Whatever you say, glorious moderator guy.

Just according to keikaku.

(Translator's note: keikaku means plan)

Καταπληκτική ιδέα.

Has anyone ever actually been penalized for this? I mean I've done this for a while - even had a conlang back in NES - and never gotten any trouble for it. I thought this rule was more meant to avoid people putting entire posts outside of the realm of moderation/discussion, honestly.

Not sarcasm, would be good for reference elsewhere, in the dubious event I actually post in another subforum any time soon.

I think Tyo is just covering his bases, in the (highly unlikely) case that his higher-ups check out IOT.

Has anyone ever actually been penalized for this? I mean I've done this for a while - even had a conlang back in NES - and never gotten any trouble for it. I thought this rule was more meant to avoid people putting entire posts outside of the realm of moderation/discussion, honestly.

Not sarcasm, would be good for reference elsewhere, in the dubious event I actually post in another subforum any time soon.

It has literally never been an issue at any point in six years.

It hasn't been an overt thing, but it's been a thing that is relevant sooner than you think.

way to use two different tenses in the same sentence, thereby destroying your attempt to convey information in a helpful manner

Top Bottom