Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Oh, I guess it is them then

Oh boy, that new selection screen in the OP looks great! The incomplete civs being blacked out works wonders for the hype meter, too. The ones I'm really curious about are the guy in the top left (Geronimo, perhaps? I've been waiting on a solid Apache mod for ages!) and the guy between Bolivar and Gaspar. I don't know him off the top of my head, though his sideburns are Texas-sized...

Francisco Morazán, leading Central America. Haiti looks really cool, can't wait to play it.

I'm curious to see who even is the guy leading Caral, considering the only thing resembling writing they left behind was something more like an abacus in nature and there was a striking absence of art or anything with them.

Anyway! Words time. I slightly edited the previous three in accordance with what was said on Chile and a little bit on Gran Colombia.

Paraguay

Spoiler :

Asunción
Ciudad del Este
Encarnación
Pedro Juan Caballero
Coronel Oviedo
Concepción
Villarrica
Pilar
Caacupé
Villa Hayes
Hernandarias
Itá
San Pedro
Areguá
Paraguarí
San Ignacio
Salto del Guairá
San Estanislao
Ayolas
Curuguaty
Horqueta
Caazapá
San Juan Bautista
Caraguatay
Filadelfia
Yparcaraí
Caaguazú
Mariscal Estigarribia
Fuerte Olimpo
Pozo Colorado

Peru (it was mostly fine but is just shy of 30 and has a few mispellings. psst, if you ever need to keep in mind the spelling of a thing you don't recognize in your head, just say it out loud repeatedly in something resembling an awful interpretation of what the language might sound like ^^)

Spoiler :

Lima
Arequipa
Trujillo
Chiclayo
Piura
Iquitos
Cuzco
Huancayo
Chimbote
Pucallpa
Tacna
Ica
Juliaca
Sullana
Cajamarca
Chincha Alta
Ayacucho
Huánuco
Huacho
Puno
Tarapoto
Huaraz
Tumbes
Cerro de Pasco
Puerto Maldonado
Moquegua
Abancay
Moyobamba
Huancavelica
Chachapoyas

Also, a question on Haiti - would you want the Haitian half in Creole? I mostly ask because it'd make some of the longer French names a lot more compact and less hyphenated :p On the other hand I'd get if you wanted it to stay what it is called today, and not have the capital be Potoprens, which is kind of a silly name.

Oh, hyphens are cool :p ... some few in Creole might do though, but I'd keep the capital in French.

And yeah, Haiti has the crash issue... It's starting to turn me mad, I have no idea on what causes it. Maybe steam just hates my slow internet connection. I have reuploaded Haiti, hopefully the issue is fixed.

Then here you go :c5happy:

Spoiler :

Port-au-Prince
Santo Domingo
Cap-Haïtien
Gonaïves
Santiago de los Caballeros
Puerto Plata
Jacmel
San Pedro
Saint-Marc
La Romana
Port-de-Paix
San Francisco de Macoris
Léogâne
San Cristóbal
Dessalines
Higüey
Petit-Goâve
La Vega
Gros Morne
Barahona
Les Cayes
Bonao
Jean-Rabel
Maguana
Verrettes
Baní
Jérémie
Azua
Arcahaie
Mao

Peru (it was mostly fine but is just shy of 30 and has a few mispellings. psst, if you ever need to keep in mind the spelling of a thing you don't recognize in your head, just say it out loud repeatedly in something resembling an awful interpretation of what the language might sound like ^^)

That is exactly what I did for Perú. Look at where that got me. :p

So...........who gets updated next? Argentina? Paraguay? I forget who was recently updated.

Well there's still a lot of updates to go... I'm likely going to do a civ and then an update (of course not counting minor fix updates, only major updates like changing attributes or adding Events and Decisions)... So it might go as follows:

Caribbean Axis (Finished) - Paraguay - S.... - Argentina - Uru - Tiwanaku - T...... - Muisca - T.... - Chile - etc.

Paraguay is an overhaul of the UA, which will grant Tourism instead of culture thanks to new technological discoveries in the world of modding :p . Argentina is next because I like the new leaderscene. Then Tiwanaku because it needs a major overhaul. Then Muisca because I like the events I came up with... Then Chile because if I delay it more Hoop_Thrower is going to throw me something :p ... And after Chile, another CivBE sponsor.

Hopefully I will one day learn to finish things as fast as JFD...

Well, I was going to play Paraguay next but if they are next to be updated I will wait. Wait, what civilization?

You have already made the first step by converting to the One True Code :borg:

If I knew how to make basic add ons to UA's in SQL like I do in XML I'd agree with you.

With cocoa added to the main game, will the Ayamara still have their coca leaf?

Well there's still a lot of updates to go... I'm likely going to do a civ and then an update (of course not counting minor fix updates, only major updates like changing attributes or adding Events and Decisions)... So it might go as follows:

Caribbean Axis (Finished) - Paraguay - S.... - Argentina - Uru - Tiwanaku - T...... - Muisca - T.... - Chile - etc.

Paraguay is an overhaul of the UA, which will grant Tourism instead of culture thanks to new technological discoveries in the world of modding :p . Argentina is next because I like the new leaderscene. Then Tiwanaku because it needs a major overhaul. Then Muisca because I like the events I came up with... Then Chile because if I delay it more Hoop_Thrower is going to throw me something :p ... And after Chile, another CivBE sponsor.

Hopefully I will one day learn to finish things as fast as JFD...

You are finishing things fast enough, legui.
However, you should learn how to do more exciting, over hyping spoilers like his imperial modjesty...

Cocoa and coca are two different things. Cocoa (or Cacao) is used to make Chocolate, while Coca is used to alleviate altitude sickness and a bunch of other things in South America, but it can also be used as a base ingredient for a certain type of illegal drug

Oh I generate hype when I want too

VERY different things :lol:

Coca is not Cocaine (and now I'm sounding like an archetypical indigenist :p )... Coca can be used for Cocaine, but not exclusively so, and is in fact a sacred leaf for most Andean cultures. It is a very complicated issue in fact.

Top Bottom