Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

The new icon is awesome! I have a concern about the top panel, if I use Enhanced User Interface do I need to delete Muisca's TopPanel.lua?

Also what is the More Luxs compatibility?

No, don't worry... I managed to show the faith without changing TopPanel.lua so it shouldn't generate issues with EUI.

Also, with More Luxuries the UA and UU abilities work with Amber, Lapis Lazulli and Jade.

Cool thanks!

On another note let me share you my experience with Cuba, I gotta say I didn't have so much fun playing Civ 5 in a while, having a Revolucionario with altitude training is one of the most ridiculous things I experienced.
Revolucionario is the bread and butter of this civ which makes Cuba the dominant war machine of the ancient world, at times when defensive wars are so important the Revolucionario makes taking down cities a walk in the park.

Being a domination player means that my cities go far and wide after finishing a few core National Wonders so policies are hard to come by later in the game but allows me to earn my ideology with ease due to the abundance of coal, the additional combat strength on plantations makes them more favourable even though they are the most requiring ones with tech.

The Cabildo is a great addition to the whole combo which allows you to ignore the barracks which are forgettable for most of the early game because of the neglectable amount of EXP that can be gained by barbarians and even faster with the Honour opener, the slot for GWoM is two birds with one stone, it both increases your new units starting EXP and allows you to counter unwanted foreign influence.

Closing words would be that Cuba might need a little nerf, I have yet to see the AI play with it but the AI never prioritises the Revolucionario enough so it might be one of the reason for the imbalance.

This is not at all constructive discussion, but I just wanted to drop by and say that I'm a huge fan of your Civs of the Americas! The leaderscenes are awesome, you have very creative ideas for your Traits and UIs, and the Civs are quite thorough. Overall, they're just very well done. :D

Can I just ask what Tupac Katari's Denounce Willingness value is? He's just denounced me on turn 9 (on Prince) and is throwing denunciations all over the place. They've given out 4 denunciations at turn 24.

The Muisca have been updated!

So, figures the looping issue actually had different origins than the old one. But the issue should be fixed now (I hope)... The symbol and color were also changed. The colors were changed because they were too similar to JFD's Stalin. And the symbol, although I also liked to other one Zipa did, is done to better represent current symbols of Chibcha-Muisca societies, and also the Sugamoso flag's fancy symbol.

An important part of this update is that the Faith from unused Gold now shows on the Top Panel! So now it's far easier to get a feeling on how much faith you're actually getting :D

Both Decisions are centered in the political aspect of the Muisca Confederation. One is forming the Confederation itself, for which you need 3 cities. With a huge cost, each city receives a specific bonus (the first more Gold output, the second more Unit production and the third more Faith) to represent the nature of the Confederation. It can only be done before Renaissance, and only once.

The second decision is a reference to the Code of Nemequene. It allows you to get a Free Social Policy and some gold, at the cost of Faith, Magistrates and Unhappiness (the Unhappiness is the biggest blow here). Funnily, it can only be done during the Medieval era, but as many times as you wish. But the Unhappiness is eternal, so one has to be very careful with this one.

I see what you did there ;)

But hey, using their current emblem is great idea

Spoiler :

However, your improvements are all awesome, as all your civs, now I should get the decisions mod :D

So I was looking at your impressive 50 Planned civs list and I got wondering... are you planning to make a Inuit civ different from that of Colonist Legacies?

@Bttlsht: Were you playing with the latest version of Cuba? Where Revolucionarios lose some HP when starting resistance.

@Zipa_DH: Was hoping you'd see the new changes :D , glad you like the new icon.

@Hoop_Thrower: Depends on how the new Inuit update turns out, I will still link the Inuit (after the update, since it will also have new icons), but there's been some ideas of a modern Inuit... might consider it eventually, but there's no rush on it.

The Muisca and the Aymara just received a quick bugfix update, so please redownload if you need to. Also... Just because I like hyping you guys, after the Uru are done I will be making a special Leaders-Pack for one specific modern civilization. Just wanted to throw it around. (Also in the update, the Aymara has reduced denounce willingness)

Oh, I'm almost completly sure which leader it is... :mischief:

Also, a fun tale with the Aymara while I'm here. Turns out I decided one day to play an Andean domination game; I played with Peru against Nazca, Bolivia, Inca, Aymara and Tiwanaku. Throughout the game, the Aymara denounced my pretty much all throughout it, me and everybody else, so they kinda shoot themselves off from the rest of the world. Oddly enough though, they were the only ones who didn't actually declare war on me, and actually accompanied my in some wars I couldn't have won on my own.

Honestly I kind of think more of your civs should eventually get into packs, mostly because...well, by the end it's going to be 50 civs and that's going to be pretty crazy to manage in the mod interface if you want to have them all on or off.

In my opinion if you just add the modder/mod team name (e.g. JFD, LS and CL) in the mod selection screen it's enough for me, just this basic thing makes it less hectic and less frustrating.

I see you started cataloguing your mods thank you so much for considering the suggestions, for people who derp a lot this helps playing the game more than searching for a single mod for a few minutes straight. :)

i downloaded your cuba mod two days ago. after i enter the industrial era, the picture of its UU disappears. i meam i can only see its name without the picture when i select it
BTW, the 3d model of KING DAVID is amazing. however, doesnt he have voice?

@BttLsht: Thanks! The process of updating the old ones will be a bit slow though to fit the cataloguing, for I have to add decisions as well

@tmxk20129177: Hmn... It's an issue with the Art define then... however, I don't have that issue, anyone else can confirm the thing happening?

Also, David's model was made by Ekmek, so congratulate him! He doesn't have a voice because I'd rather have him mute than saying something like "I'm Darius!"

@BttLsht: Thanks! The process of updating the old ones will be a bit slow though to fit the cataloguing, for I have to add decisions as well

@tmxk20129177: Hmn... It's an issue with the Art define then... however, I don't have that issue, anyone else can confirm the thing happening?

Also, David's model was made by Ekmek, so congratulate him! He doesn't have a voice because I'd rather have him mute than saying something like "I'm Darius!"

thanks for your quick reply

I'd rather not, though it could help with categorizing... I'm going for a "[ BNW ] Leugi's ..." instead of Patria Grande because Patria Grande would make it longer... That's something I like of JFD's categorizing, "JFD" only got 3 letters so its perfect :D...

BTW, I'll also be trying to add events aside from decisions, so if you guys can help tinkering some I'd be glad... For now only Tiwanaku, the Muisca and the Mapuche have both decisions and Events completelly brainstormed.

Also, I'll be adding a Shared Event to all modern American countries, it will relate to the independence, and will be rather fun :D

--

Both Tiwanaku and Paraguay will receive a major update within the next week.

Paraguay's changes are fairly simple. Instead of receiving culture from th highest tourism value exerted against the empire, it will receive tourism (because now its possible!), and also, Misiones will replace the Garden, granting +1 GM points for every jungle worked by the city.

Tiwanaku's changes are a bit more drastic, so I'll let them stay in my drawing board for a bit before commenting them here.

Also IMO you should preface the mod screen names with Patria Grande just like the CL ones do instead of leaving them with just the BNW bracketed thingy.

It's funny you should say that, because the CL one's always show up at the top of my mod list. I guess it has something to do with the way TPangolin names the files, but there's always a blank space before each one that bumps them to the top.

It's funny you should say that, because the CL one's always show up at the top of my mod list. I guess it has something to do with the way TPangolin names the files, but there's always a blank space before each one that bumps them to the top.

It's because they start their mod name with a bracket [ which the mod list can't display so it comes out as blank space and before any alphabetical ordering. I always saw it as a cheap way to push your mod to the top of the list.

Hm... I'm not quite familiar with events, care someone to link me to the relevant info? I may come up with a thing or two for Chile.

Top Bottom