Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

I sent an e-mail to both addresses of contact thread and also to Zioun, which was the player recorded in civstat for UniversCiv before the reload.

I sent an e-mail to both addresses of contact thread and also to Zioun, which was the player recorded in civstat for UniversCiv before the reload.

Thanks Inao for confirming this. It looks like everyone has claimed their civ, and we are now on the next turn!

Thanks Inao for confirming this. It looks like everyone has claimed their civ, and we are now on the next turn!

Please note that the turn timer is now 48 hours! That is 48 Pitboss hours, so a bit more than 48 RL hours.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

To all teams:

I just did a MAJOR mistake. I was going to log in to the game on port 2058 to resign one of the players to AI, and managed to type in 2058 (the port) in my nickname instead of the servername.

The leader was the same (Darius I), and I realized my mistake as soon as I saw the score list with the names there which was the first and only thing I looked at. I did not look at the map or anything, but this is grounds for my resignation from my team as I can be considered inhabile as of this moment.

On this account, I await the team's judgments, and I will fully accept a demand for my resignation from Team CFC because of this.

I am so sorry. :(

Technical note: you don't need to login at all, to kick a player to AI. You can do it from the pitboss window. Though obviously it's just as critical to choose the correct pitboss window.

Having been a host before, in the last MTDG, and having hosted multiple games at the same time, I can say it would be an easy mistake to make. I recommend using different admin passwords, to lessen the chance of accidents like this.

Edit: game paused

Technical note: you don't need to login at all, to kick a player to AI. You can do it from the pitboss window. Though obviously it's just as critical to choose the correct pitboss window.

Having been a host before, in the last MTDG, and having hosted multiple games at the same time, I can say it would be an easy mistake to make. I recommend using different admin passwords, to lessen the chance of accidents like this.

Edit: game paused

*sigh* If I had only known that. The PB windows are easily discernable as they contain the port name as the first thing (ie. 2056 ISDG, 2057 Warmup, 2058 2xmove test). Thank you for that information though!

The lesson of different admin passwords has definitely been learned. Is there any way these passwords can be changed post-gamestart? I suspect not - but asking nonetheless.

And, thank you for pausing the game. I do not wish to log in to the game at all until a decision has been made on this issue. I have no words for how embarassed and dispirited I feel about this. :( No matter what the decision is, I hope everyone understands that I never intended this to happen, and I hope nobody thinks I intended to cheat.

In my opinion there is no trouble that you go on participating. I post a message on my team forum to discuss the issue.
I suppose a reload is needed to restore CivPlayers password, isn't it ?

Not to say that we are happy for our civ being trespassed in that way, but we hope that giving a honest word that you wont use any of information gained is enough.

It seems this is really up to CivPlayers. RB is fine to continue with the game - though obviously it would be sensible for Caledorn to use a different admin password, and to use the proper pitboss host window in future. :)

Pretty sure I've heard it's possible to change the admin password mid-game, though I don't know how to go about it myself.

Not to say that we are happy for our civ being trespassed in that way, but we hope that giving a honest word that you wont use any of information gained is enough.

Thank you :please:

I panicked so much that the only thing I recall seeing is the player list, and that I had to find the exit to main menu button asap. I give my solemn word that if I recall something at some point, I will not share it with anyone, nor will I use it in any way to further the goals of my team.

In my opinion there is no trouble that you go on participating. I post a message on my team forum to discuss the issue.
I suppose a reload is needed to restore CivPlayers password, isn't it ?

Thank you very much.

I do not know if logging in with the admin password resets the civ's own password.. If it does though, I can reload to the autosave that occured after Hulkmusclor logged in (which should mean no teams would need to redo their turn I believe?).

It seems this is really up to CivPlayers. RB is fine to continue with the game - though obviously it would be sensible for Caledorn to use a different admin password, and to use the proper pitboss host window in future. :)

Pretty sure I've heard it's possible to change the admin password mid-game, though I don't know how to go about it myself.

And thank you very much too.

I am looking into how to change the admin password now. It may require a savegame edit for all I know, but I will report back in this thread if I find a method before doing anything. I'm not sure I would want to log in to any of the PB's using the admin password after this horror, but if it is possible to change it I will do so, as I may have to use it at some point.

While we are at it , it might be a good idea to have a separate Game (turn) tracking thread which would also contain civstats and pyt sites in the first post.

Atm these are located in the stickied connections thread and perhaps not the most obvious place to look.

I am looking into how to change the admin password now. It may require a savegame edit for all I know, but I will report back in this thread if I find a method before doing anything. I'm not sure I would want to log in to any of the PB's using the admin password after this horror, but if it is possible to change it I will do so, as I may have to use it at some point.

I have been searching around for a way to change the admin pw, but I have not found any method to do so. :( If anyone knows a method that allows me to change the admin pw, then please let me know.

While we are at it , it might be a good idea to have a separate Game (turn) tracking thread which would also contain civstats and pyt sites in the first post.

Atm these are located in the stickied connections thread and perhaps not the most obvious place to look.

I agree that this would be a good idea. This thread is the planning thread, and I think we should create a new "UN thread" for all teams. I'll leave the actual making of a new thread to someone else, though.

Hi, I'm Zagorn from the UCIV team.

It's Okey for us, the show must go on ^^

EDIT : I just saw that there is some interrogation about our team.

A lot of our members are also on vacation that's why only Zioun/Nico can currently play our turn.
Sorry !

Top Bottom