Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

Also, we currently have a majority of 5 teams in favor of using the "Spanish" Double-Move Mod.

Yeah.. about that. Love the idea of that mod, but it's incompatible with Macs (uses modified DLL). If we indeed include that mod, that should be made pretty clear for everyone in advance.

Spielgrad
= Difficulty level

About the mods.
If we play with one, then every player must install it or not?

If yes, then its a ko-criterion and imo you need more than 5 votes of 9. I (for me) wouldn't install it.

Talonschild and Husch. Both of your teams are currently voting yes for double move mod.

If you let me decide difficulty level, it will be Monarch. The current average is probably closer to Emperor so I would say it has to be either Monarch or Emperor.

There aren't many votes concerning barbs and since default is having them on. I'll leave them be.

I also changed the map size from Large to Huge. So here are the almost finalized map settings:
Map - MAPMAKER'S CHOICE, something random/special, decent amount of land, not archipelago
Wrap - TOROIDAL
Mirrored starts - NO (capital locations are very similar though)
Fair/balanced starts - YES
Corporations - ON
Barbs - ON
Speed - NORMAL
Huts - OFF
Allow all teams pre-optics contact - YES
Size - Huge (game setting) - In reality something between 80-100 x 40-60
Difficulty - Monarch-Emperor

imo you need more than 5 votes of 9.
Well usually the host/coordinator of the Pitboss just sets all the settings, mods, rules etc unilaterally, right? But this is a special case where we are actually even having votes on the settings. I think starting to demand that this or that setting needs a bigger-than-majority-vote is going to overcomplicate things. Maybe we should just stick with simple majority votes and Mapmakers choice for the other stuff.

I think we (GWT) [Other teams perhaps also] need a final decision about SG before we can decide our civ/leader.
So there is need for quick decision from mapmaker.
Plako said earlier that his recommendation for a good balance was for Monarch. Currently team votes are split between Monarch and Emperor. I suggest that if no team registers a preference by the end of today (12:00am UTC on 9 June 2012), then we default to Plako's preference on this issue (Monarch). The same thing with barbarians - if there are not enough votes for a majority by the end of today, we default to ON (not raging).

About the mods.
If we play with one, then every player must install it or not?
Yes.

If yes, then its a ko-criterion and imo you need more than 5 votes of 9. I (for me) wouldn't install it.
While I agree with this, note that your team has voted FOR the use of the mod. If you vote AGAINST the mod, then it will no longer have a majority vote (4/9). I would recommend that other teams who have an issue with every player installing a mod - not to mention Mac users being locked out - reconsider their votes as well.

We also need barbarian votes from almost all sites (off/normal/raging). So far:

Off - 1
Normal - 2
Raging - 1

Sites yet to officially vote on barbarians: Apolyton, Civ Players, Spanish, Civfanatics, Civfr. If you see your site on that list, please vote ASAP.

Spanish Apoly cant take a choice about this. So, we accept what the rest choice

Barbarians OFF is way more fair for competitive purposes, as some people will get more barbarians, and other will get none. But this is a real concern where a close competition is the main goal of a game to be played. In the current game, I think having fun is way more important and having barbarians ON it is part of the game and disabling them will take away part of the beauty and randomness which I think we all love about Civ.

Speaking for myself, when I wander around civ4 I just get a barb axe in my back. It kinda kills my enjoyment of the scenery. :p

In any case, this isn't about whether you can survive the game, it's about whether you can survive each other.

Team Apolyton. I think only your votes are currently missing from the "Final settings / Final ruleset" thread. Could you post your preferences there?

Speaking for myself, when I wander around civ4 I just get a barb axe in my back. It kinda kills my enjoyment of the scenery. :p

In any case, this isn't about whether you can survive the game, it's about whether you can survive each other.

On the other hand, if one have difficulties surviving the brainless barbarians, how can he be expected to survive the finest civ minds from all over the world? :mischief:

I'd rather plan for what other civs can do, not random nefarious mobs that flip a coin and decide which civ is going to have to waste turns and hammers dealing with stuff other civs don't have to.

Just as I already said, barbarians OFF is way more fair. Not sure about fun though :)

Apolyton view is : Barbs off.

I am not team captain or official spokesperson so can't post in final settings thread but I believe our views on all above issues have been communicated.

They did pick Ragnar.
I suggest sending the next team a PM after picking. This could speed up the process.

Top Bottom