Port Royal and how to use buccanners

MegaVHS

Chieftain
Smugglers can contraband goods to port royal,pretty useful
Pirate frigate can steal goods from ships, thats great

Pirate cutter can transport buccanners.... one at a time,and i don't really understand what they do really, ok i can harrass oponents (but how do i manage to get a stack with only 1 slot in the cutter? it would take forever) but is there anything else?
the colopedia doesn't give any more information, so i guess that's all, but its really expensive to get a cutter and buying and shipping buccanners back, and what's the point really?

I think buccanners should be able to raid settlements/tranpost units and get a small treasure/slaves from it, and just scrap the cutter and make it so you can transport buccanners from frigates/privateers/smugglers

There is other units that can only be bought at Port Royal (sugar planters I think is one). There just needed to be a ship able to transport units from Port Royal.

I'm sure it could be modded fairly easily if you are not happy with the way it currently works.

I really like the concept of buccanners, but the AI seems to have a hard time defending against them which makes them a tad overpowered. Perhaps their captives should turn into indentured servants representing the difficulty of integrating them in their captors' society.

I really like the concept of buccanners, but the AI seems to have a hard time defending against them which makes them a tad overpowered. Perhaps their captives should turn into indentured servants representing the difficulty of integrating them in their captors' society.

yeah yesterday i noticed just this...the AI does not attack my bucaneers...its like free population from them :S ,but i like the turn them to indentured servants part :) and the capture could be like the privateers and its mechanics to get cargo or not, just a chance since some would probably resist and die anyway .
And please if the AI could be tuned to dont have so many surplus population would be nice ,i get sooo many new population when i conquer a town its bonquers ;)

Hm, I noticed the opposite. My bucaneers always don't live long. They are attacked immediately - always. Hence I generally just use them in relatively save areas without many enemies.

Hm, I noticed the opposite. My bucaneers always don't live long. They are attacked immediately - always. Hence I generally just use them in relatively save areas without many enemies.
By natives yeah they are attacked, not by Europeans.

I went to further test this today and it seems i jumped the gun :S ,it only happens when the AI is poorly protected when they have the upper hand europeans do attack me if i approach their towns.

Buccaneers and pirate cutters are op when used in certain situations. I use my buccaneers as within boarder security against native units. As long as the buccaneer doesn't end its turn next to a native village it won't be attacked. I attack all native units roaming my territory without the natives responding. Cutters while weak at sea and have little carrying capacity can travel up rivers and lakes. They can also attack on rivers without triggering a war with another colonial power. I park cutters at river fords and pick off free units. Nothing really attacks them in turn.

Top Bottom