Pre-CosmicNES: Shards of an Empire

If you do end up giving the House of Lanshire a second planet can it be Pullux? It would only make sense for the major explorers/colonizers to be given the planet with the most star lanes leading into unexplored space.

You could just renounce your claim on Aquarii and then claim Pullux, you know....

I want to make any secondary systems connected to the capital system. That said, you're currently closed in, so most likely, yes.

But as Seon said, you can switch over to Pullux easily, with all the stats staying the same. Your choice.

Nah, the space lanes connecting Aquarii to unknown space are solid which makes travel easier and I wouldn't be abke to colonize so many at once from the start. Even if i dont get Pullux from the start I'll find another way to have it in my grasp.

High Intrigue and careful planning can carry you far in CK2 when used correctly. We might just find out if its the same in this NES....

It's easy to gain territories in CK 2, I always found. Trick is keeping said territories.

When surrounded by Muslims the key is holy orders. Otherwise keep focusing on Legalism to make your vassles hate your king less, create a large group of retainers, andkeep a strong web of alliances. Don't be afraid to push a vassle's claim on France because you'll probably be needing them when the HRE comes knocking on your door.

Everyone may choose one system that they would like, in the situation that they do get another system. I will make no promises.

If I play as a Christian Nation, I always try to ally with France or HRE.

That alone solves most of my vassal revolt and conquest problems.

I don't remember the last time a Muslim nation really threatened my well being except early on as one of the Kings of Spain.

Killing bad heirs help a lot.

Also I imprison any vassals with less than 50 approval rating I have an excuse for jailing on principle after inheritance.

Give Jerusalem a go and then tell me your opinion on Muslim nations again. That or one of the Ethiopian nations, though I've never played as them.

Patchy,
Are you going to PM me details regarding your ship, or should I just design a "Colonization Ship"? And if you aren't going to PM me, do you want weapons on the ship?

Oh didn't know I had to pm. Will do so soon.

No I want to flesh it out a bit. Just wait for me to find a suitable picture and then i'll post on this thread since anyone can use it.

I've conquered Jerusalem before, or do you mean starting out as historical King of Jerusalem after the first Crusade?

I've never started out as a King of Jerusalem before. Only conquered it in Crusades. I don't really remember much of a trouble keeping it besides vassals in that region becoming too powerful by HW on neighboring provinces.

I try and convert populace to my culture and religion ASAP and sit on it with my army of retainers. If Muslims attack, they buy enough time for my vassal levies to arrive.

Lanshire Class Deep Space Frigate

Frigate.png

Length: 39.75 meters
Crew: 5 (suggested), 2 (minimum)
Armament: None
Cargo Capacity: 128 metric tons, 130 if non essetials are moved out.

Designed by Rathus Lanshire the ship was meant to aid his many expiditions into unknown space. It is equiped with high powered sensor arays that take information of solar systems as well as a modern cartography system to help map out unknown space.

What makes the ship special however is the equipment on board that can set up the foundations for a colony to grow on. This equipment includes heavy power tools attached to the bottom of the ship to allow it to clear out and level a colony site as it flies over the ground. Another contraption are folding landing docks where it is safe for ships to land and refule on. It also carries many living pods that can be linked up together and contain rudimentary living nessesities and quarters for the colonists.

The Lanshire Frigate as it is often shortened to, was used to a great extent by Rathus when he began to colonize Thaden. He would prepare many colony sites for the colonists and allow them to arrive to much more agreeable conditions unlike every colonization attempt before it. This closed a large gap that kept many people from becoming colonists before, there were always adventurous people wanting to look for a new place but the discomfort and danger of early colonial life held many back, now that the colony's basic infastructure is in place ahead of time there is little holding them back.

I've conquered Jerusalem before, or do you mean starting out as historical King of Jerusalem after the first Crusade?

I've never started out as a King of Jerusalem before. Only conquered it in Crusades. I don't really remember much of a trouble keeping it besides vassals in that region becoming too powerful by HW on neighboring provinces.

I try and convert populace to my culture and religion ASAP and sit on it with my army of retainers. If Muslims attack, they buy enough time for my vassal levies to arrive.

Starting out as Jerusalem is what I meant. And you done double posted.

Triple posted, actually. Internet got screwy and comp kept on sending same data while trying to restore connection.

Ship stats added.

Top Bottom