Quick Questions / Quick Answers

What does it mean when a civ is plotting against me? And can the AI ever find out if I'm plotting against them?

Also, I frequently get notified by my spies that civ A is launching a sneak attack on civ B, but then the attack never happens. What is going on there? Did they change their mind?

What does it mean when a civ is plotting against me? And can the AI ever find out if I'm plotting against them?

Also, I frequently get notified by my spies that civ A is launching a sneak attack on civ B, but then the attack never happens. What is going on there? Did they change their mind?
They do a sneak attack and then someone snitches on Civ B and Civ B up their defenses. Civ A sees that their defenses are way too high for their sneak attack and back off.

1) They do not take offense if you reject trade proposals. They do, if you reject their request of help (or demand)
2) Yes after some time they they start to hate you because they want to win the game too

I see...the fact is, I never rejected any help the requested in that match, only refused their request to have open borders in exchange of gpt...I have the (maybe wrong) feeling that is the real issue...thanks for the answer anyway...
Any other ideas?

Yes, your feeling is wrong :) Refused deals have 0 impact on diplo relations.

They just don't like that you are doing well.
:D Ok, thanks for reassuring me then...
So, what exactly do you think makes them go "your behaviour frustrates them" as soon as they meet me for the first time?
And what causes them to go from frustrates to angers to infuriates them as time goes by? Do you think it's linked to my generic good progress in the match (I don't know, tech/policies advantage, for example)?

How loyal is Shaka really? In my experience EVERY other leader has decided to either backstab me or just end the friendship because of me doing so well and all that "Your behaviour infuriates them" bullfeathers

Does Shaka really stick with you as long as you have good relations or is he just the same?

How loyal is Shaka really? In my experience EVERY other leader has decided to either backstab me or just end the friendship because of me doing so well and all that "Your behaviour infuriates them" bull****

Does Shaka really stick with you as long as you have good relations or is he just the same?
Just by appearance, you can easily know shaka is not one to be trusted. Lol
I dunno which warmonger civ is loyal(if there is any).
The most loyal neighbor or ally imo will be someone like inca,korea,mayan,india(thou it will harrass you indirectly with insane religious pressure)

Just by appearance, you can easily know shaka is not one to be trusted. Lol
I dunno which warmonger civ is loyal(if there is any).
The most loyal neighbor or ally imo will be someone like inca,korea,mayan,india(thou it will harrass you indirectly with insane religious pressure)
tfw you are genghis khan and reduced the global human population by 10%, but people don't know that you are one of the most loyal friend a person could ever have.

Couldn't find an answer after searching here, in civpedia, and on my favorite search engine so... sorry if it's somewhere and i missed.

It's the second game I play where my civilian units get "sacred steps" (+2 movement) and I don't have any clue where it comes from, even if I guess it's from religion but none of the features I chose say something about that... ^^

Thanks!

Couldn't find an answer after searching here, in civpedia, and on my favorite search engine so... sorry if it's somewhere and i missed.

It's the second game I play where my civilian units get "sacred steps" (+2 movement) and I don't have any clue where it comes from, even if I guess it's from religion but none of the features I chose say something about that... ^^

Thanks!
You get that promotion if you have the natural wonder Sri Pada within your borders.

What's the most stable version of the CBP modpack? Least desyncs, least bugs, and best experience.

Backstory: The last time I tried to play it was back around October, and it left a bad taste in their mouth because of how many changes there were, how often it desynced, and the random inability to do any actions (end turn/move units/etc). In other words they're never doing modded civ again. I managed to get another friend to do modded civ soon, so in preparation for that, I came here for advice. We're also going to be playing on settler since neither of us know how many elements of the game are changed.

I remember a couple of releases. One was pre-Historical Events. There were minor issues, but nothing gamebreaking.
The other one is just after the introduction of the new siege unit. Balance is unbalanced towards cultural victories, but it works fine.
As a rule of thumb, never use a release on the same day it is released. It takes a day or two for us to find bugs.

What's the most stable version of the CBP modpack? Least desyncs, least bugs, and best experience.

Backstory: The last time I tried to play it was back around October, and it left a bad taste in their mouth because of how many changes there were, how often it desynced, and the random inability to do any actions (end turn/move units/etc). In other words they're never doing modded civ again. I managed to get another friend to do modded civ soon, so in preparation for that, I came here for advice. We're also going to be playing on settler since neither of us know how many elements of the game are changed.
Just do your own modpack, its very easy. To me latest version works fine and there were a lot of good changes in recent updates

Anyone else had that experience of being in late medieval / early renaissance era where nothing is happening? Particularly if you're high up on the scoreboard. What do you do to keep that period more interesting? I've experienced this stage a lot as the Aztecs without even conquering anyone.

Anyone else had that experience of being in late medieval / early renaissance era where nothing is happening? Particularly if you're high up on the scoreboard. What do you do to keep that period more interesting? I've experienced this stage a lot as the Aztecs without even conquering anyone.
Nothing? That's the time for taking CS alliances, preparing for the World Congress, unless you are busy in some war or need to improve your infrastructure heavily. But if you worry, hurry caravels and you'll have something else to do.

Just do your own modpack, its very easy. To me latest version works fine and there were a lot of good changes in recent updates

Yeah, I did make my own modpack, but I have no idea whether it's stable or not. Should I just wing it and hope I don't get any desyncs or game ending bugs? That's my primary concern, as stated before.

Yeah, I did make my own modpack, but I have no idea whether it's stable or not. Should I just wing it and hope I don't get any desyncs or game ending bugs? That's my primary concern, as stated before.
Well from my experience they all are about the same... desyncs happen in vanilla game too. As for me and my friend - sometimes we have bugs with interface or sometimes i can't press "next turn" button but everything can be fixed with restaring the game.

Well from my experience they all are about the same... desyncs happen in vanilla game too. As for me and my friend - sometimes we have bugs with interface or sometimes i can't press "next turn" button but everything can be fixed with restaring the game.

Thanks for the quick response! Hopefully my last question; are there any settings that you recommend? Two suggestions that I saw being tossed around were to disable all events as well as disabling barbarians altogether. Sadly those did nothing to prevent desyncs for me. Not entirely sure if it's excessive to have a +1 minute loading screen every ~5 turns either, or abnormal.

Top Bottom