R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

hey on the 1942 version you cant see what your building on the circle...not the city view one, also some of the effects and explosions are missing...i don't think its my computer cause past versions worked fine, lastly i keep getting more crashes than past version.. i still don't know why..ill keep you guys posted!!!

Don't you ever think to make some kind of radius for Navy?
For example, number of turns which navy unit is able to spend out of city with harbour as least.
'couse now GB's destroyers are standing in Baltic sea for ages.
BWT it may force AI to send ships for reinforcements.
Yep, I've thought of a kind of radius system for navy, but I don't know if I could implement it without messing too much with the AI.

What I want to do is a "fleet" system, most AI ship being linked to a Fleet (1st Fleet, 2nd Fleet, etc).

Each Fleet would have a capital ship, and orders (like "patrol north sea", "patrol Atlantic", "patrol west Mediterranean", "attack this fleet", "go healing", ...), and each ship of the fleet will have to stay in a radius around the capital ship.

Each new builded ship will be assigned to a fleet, or if all fleet have enough ship (4? 5?) then leave the ship goes lonewolf or create a new fleet.

Now, I think it could be done using Lua, but I have absolutly no idea of the time it would take to implement :D

And about navy, I have another issue I want to take care of before, and it's also something that could take lots of time: remove the embarked units, add transport ships AND make the AI use them.

hey on the 1942 version you cant see what your building on the circle...not the city view one, also some of the effects and explosions are missing...i don't think its my computer cause past versions worked fine, lastly i keep getting more crashes than past version.. i still don't know why..ill keep you guys posted!!!
Yep, I've seen the no icons in city circles problem and the no combat effect too. Don't know why it happens only on the Earth map thus, once I found out I'll try to correct it.

Does anyone know why it wont let me build anything? The mod loads fine, everything seems to work great, but when it comes to building units or buildings in cities, Its not letting me do that?

Does anyone know why it wont let me build anything? The mod loads fine, everything seems to work great, but when it comes to building units or buildings in cities, Its not letting me do that?

you're not the first one to report that, but I need the lua log (see first post) to be able to track this bug.

If anyone can help me. Would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    156 KB · Views: 48
If anyone can help me. Would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

first, try the checks from this very useful thread by Thalassicus : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=440525

your game seems updated, so try in priority the 2-4-5-6-8-9 points

I don't know if its due to the cache (point 4) or an incompatibility with another installed but not activated mod (point 8), but your Lua file show that the civilizations are not the one from the WW2 mod (it refers to Catherine instead of Stalin for example)

hello again to the problem: untis did not get reinforcements
yesterday i wrote the problem was solved; that was a little bit to optimistic.
I started a new game and after i had seen, that untis get reinforcement i thougt everithing is well. But know i realized, that after i saved the game, the same problem occurs. None of my units get reinforcement. Only citydefense-hp is reinforced.

first, try the checks from this very useful thread by Thalassicus : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=440525

your game seems updated, so try in priority the 2-4-5-6-8-9 points

I don't know if its due to the cache (point 4) or an incompatibility with another installed but not activated mod (point 8), but your Lua file show that the civilizations are not the one from the WW2 mod (it refers to Catherine instead of Stalin for example)

This is a great mod. Love it. Still unable to choose production. If anyone can help please let me know.

Thank you,

reinforcement problem
i tried it now with japan and there everithing is well, units get their reinforcment. Even after saving no problems. Paying as germany i get only on the beginning on turn 2 reinforcement. After that turn no more reinforcement.
Does somebody else have that problem?

Ok, finished my test game with v.11-13, will look at 1942 problems. But please post on the specific thread, easier for me to track posts.

another quickfix version is available, here's v.14

v.14 changelog (Sep 25, 2011):
- Bugfix : PanzerIV ausf G was not buildable.
- Bugfix : city banner current build icons was not shown on Earth 1942 scenario.

v.14 should be save compatible with game from v.11 to v.13

problem german reinforcement
perhaps i found something that is the reason for the problem: i realized that the reinforcement problem starts, when i bring german paratroopers or bf110 to combat. In a new game i hold them away from any engagement and so far the reinforcement works well.
what do you mean with specific thread? Exists a seperate thread for Earth 1942 scenario?

hi ,i have a major problem when i am loading my savegames.when i click the production nothing happens but when i click purchase i can buy the vanilia buildings and modded buildings but when from this menu i click produce the text is empty.also when i load the game the date changes around 2010.

i have the latest version(data v2 , edition v14)
no other mods.(only mongol deactivated).
i deleted cashe many times but no change
my version is 1.01.381

please help i like very much this mod but i cant start a new game everyday.

problem german reinforcement
perhaps i found something that is the reason for the problem: i realized that the reinforcement problem starts, when i bring german paratroopers or bf110 to combat. In a new game i hold them away from any engagement and so far the reinforcement works well.
what do you mean with specific thread? Exists a seperate thread for Earth 1942 scenario?
here's the thread for the 1942 scenario : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=438810

I'll have a look at your issue tomorrow, thanks for the precisions about paratrooper and Bf-110.

hi ,i have a major problem when i am loading my savegames.when i click the production nothing happens but when i click purchase i can buy the vanilia buildings and modded buildings but when from this menu i click produce the text is empty.also when i load the game the date changes around 2010.

i have the latest version(data v2 , edition v14)
no other mods.(only mongol deactivated).
i deleted cashe many times but no change
my version is 1.01.381

please help i like very much this mod but i cant start a new game everyday.
Can you post the Lua log after loading and trying to build something please ? (see first post, troubleshooting section)

thats what i get when i open the city tab and click on change production .

[2891.665] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Παύλος\Documents\My Games\Si..."]:260: attempt to index global 'g_Unit_Classes' (a nil value)

i inform you again that in the purchace menu i can build the vanillia buildings and the modded buildings.(i cannot build vanillia modified buildings only the modified ones)

i forgot to mention that when i start a new game everything works fine and the production button and its contains is alright.
thats what i get in the lua when i cick change production i get this

[4259.716] CityView: AdvisorControl could not be found
[4259.716] ProductionPopup: AdvisorControl could not be found

Reinstall PAVLOS_GR300 and be sure to clean everything up and then follow the instructions step by step

thats what i get when i open the city tab and click on change production .

[2891.665] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Παύλος\Documents\My Games\Si..."]:260: attempt to index global 'g_Unit_Classes' (a nil value)

i inform you again that in the purchace menu i can build the vanillia buildings and the modded buildings.(i cannot build vanillia modified buildings only the modified ones)

thanks, but I need the full Lua.log, to see what's missing when reloading.

@Nitram15 : as for request for Poland, Greece, and other nations, if you can provide good DoM and diplo pictures I'll consider if it can be done. But it's not a simple change.

Top Bottom