R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Also, I minor glitch: Kosice (Kassa) was given to Hungary in the First Vienna Award in 1938. You gave it to Slovakia which is incorrect. It is not a too big problem, but a problem, and i think this mod is too good to have this small but significant historical inaccuracy.

But again, congratulations and thank you for this. :)

thats the lua when i load the save game open city panel and click change production and get nothing

[30447.666] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[30815.891] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[30815.907] InstalledPanel: ModID IN ('d565342c-f7b5-495e-9c1d-c05c2d55c8a3', '544d699d-1c84-4606-b22f-a1b009af9471', '580c14eb-9799-4d31-8b14-c2a78931de89')
[30815.907] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[30815.953] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[30817.747] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[30817.919] InstalledPanel: true
[30818.839] InstalledPanel: true
[30820.540] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[30820.977] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[30890.834] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
[30890.834] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
[30890.849] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
[30890.849] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
[30892.534] Runtime Error: [string "Assets\Tutorial\lua\Tutorial_MainGame.lua"]:3: attempt to index global 'GlobalTutorialInfo' (a nil value)
[30892.550] Runtime Error: [string "Assets\Tutorial\lua\TutorialEngine.lua"]:39: bad argument #1 to 'count' (table expected, got nil)
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmImprovementRebuildPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\CityPlotManagementPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCommandPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivEnterTerritoryPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\LiberateMinorPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ReturnCivilianPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\AnnexCityPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarMovePopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\BarbarianRansomPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmGiftPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCityTaskPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarRangeStrikePopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmPolicyBranchPopup.lua
[30893.205] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivGoldPopup.lua
[30895.389] Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/InGame/TopPanel.lua"]:273: attempt to index global 'g_Calendar' (a nil value)
[30895.389] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets/UI/InGame/TopPanel.lua.
[30895.654] RedMain: -------------------------------------
[30895.654] RedMain: R.E.D. World War II script started
[30895.654] RedMain: -------------------------------------
[30896.544] TechTree: AdvisorControl could not be found
[30896.544] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[30896.559] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[31366.497] Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/InGame/TopPanel.lua"]:273: attempt to index global 'g_Calendar' (a nil value)
[31370.927] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Παύλος\Documents\My Games\Si..."]:260: attempt to index global 'g_Unit_Classes' (a nil value)

about nitram's mater think adding some other nations would be very good.and i am wondering why you didnt put greece because it won italians when they attacked it and it holded back both italians and germans for a month giving russia time to prepare and the winter to come with only 500.000.it was (until its fall the base of british to help africa.also because of the sige of the map witch is big enough we wont have size problem like othe ww2 mods with greece.anyway if you want to make greece i have almost every fhoto you need and any information u need for the description.(for example i can tell u about the political circustances of the time,what army greece had, why it got into the war ,and how usefull it was to the allies)

i think i found out what my bug has to do with. when i load the game the calendar and some parts of the production doesnt properly load but i have no modding expierince and i dont know how to fix this.i have uploaded my lua after loading and try to chooce production in my previus posts.gedemon or any other modder please take a look on it and if u need more information about let me know.i have taken a look in the previu posts in the forum and i have found other people havig a same problem.

*in the mod files u have a file named override, i have to overridee the authentic files with them

Not sure about combat when opposing unit is so weak you can hardly see the remaing life, your unit 100% but its a major defeat if you attack?

This mod is just awesome!!
R.E.D.(the normal one) used to be my favorite mod, but wwii edition was way better!

two questions, tho.

Q1. After patch v12, how do you build the t-34? It didn't come out right after you build land factory.....like it used to on v10
Is it unlocked later?? il-2 and il-4s too. I don't see the projects right after military academy.

Q2. Playing as USSR on v14 and my game keeps crashing between turn 25&26 when I press end turn. I used to have random crashes, so I ignored the first. But its not random now.....

civ and mod is latest version, of course.

Post Scriptum: I just saw an article and it said t-34=t34/76. t34s were initially equipped with 76.2.mm guns, and so t34/76.
'The initial T-34 version had a 76.2 mm gun, and is often called the T-34/76 '-wikipedia.
Of course, if I am wrong, please tell me that I am wrong right away.

two days passed and no sollution found .gedemon i have two question for u.

1st .did u found anything about the loading problem?(maybe the problem is that hwen loading instead of using the modded top pannel it uses the vanilia one)

2nd.i have found everyhing needed to expand playable nations to include greece so if u want to make it let me know to e mail u the info.(if u dont want to make this i wont make u to do it but if u inted to do such a thing be sure that i will help) until know i found uniforms(same to italians but with a darker greener color) tanks(british with green colors) airplanes(some types whitch is no point adding them so mailny the british types) navy (british and french with greek names)manufacturies and farms positions(i can edit this) some greek islands gave to turkey( i can edit this)found perfenct loading victory and diplomacy photos(leader Ioannis Metaxas) ideas with historic base about the nation's unic abilitie.found radio fies for loading backround(also some nice songs if u dont like the speech)info for description(i am not so good at writing them but if u want i can provide u the info to write it urself)basicaly there is no much moddeling work to be done (most things same to other nations).so if u want post ur email
(nothng to change in navy and airforce ,and i havent saw the tanks in game but i think that if they have the british onew it is right

@Post Scriptum:

If I recall correctly that is true: the 'basic' T-34 had a 75mm gun roughly equivalent to the German 75 mm. The upgraded T-34 was the T-34/85.

It gets a bit confusing because the American and Brits had their own upgrade pathway. I think the Sherman 76 mm was an upgrade from the initial 'basic' Sherman with 75mm (which was also shorter and less powerful on that basis too), while the British upgraded the Sherman by mounting a 17 pounder gun, which was almost as powerful as the German 88 mm.

@Gedemon...this mod is a blast. It reminds me of the Panzer General I and II days. Sadly, even with what I would have thought was a decent computer for this kind of game (dual core 2.3 Ghz, 1 meg video), it really does run slowly. The saves and loads seem to take close to a minute or more, and the video sometimes can't quite update fast enough while scrolling (jerkily). Once or twice I've had all the text in the game begin flashing, while most of the other graphics were OK...and once, it persisted until the game was completely exited. I understand that the huge map makes this about what should be expected, though I wonder about the flashing.

BTW, I'm looking forward to the manual. it;'s not that hard to figure it all out by trial and error, though the slow reloads complicate that. I wonder what the victory conditions are though. Sometimes I have defeated all the opposing teams' capitals and the game still runs. Another time, as Britain, I defeated Berlin, and the next capital (Prague), then Rome, but the game didn't stop until I defeated the last German city and killed the last German unit (but there were plenty of Italian cities and units left.

The navies really seem to have trouble,, and often seem to just sail aimlessly around, failing to attack obvious enemies, but in v14 there is an improvement noticeable re: the subs attacking and the destroyers and cruisers looking for my subs (before it was really quite unfair the way my two subs could rule the seas, while the AI's did very little).

The other obvious issue is the suicidal AI hurling tanks over rivers in city attack at horrific odds...losing 30 points to kill 1. Sometimes destroying themselves in the process. It's painful to watch my allies squander units this way, and I find myself putting my units in places that will prevent the ally doing something stupid. Very poorly considered amphibious assaults (like in front of my sub or Battleship, or again at insanely bad odds) with embarked until also occur often enough that with the low unit count, the effects on the game are significant. However, I understand this may be almost entirely a Civ 5 issue. Pretty bad design if that's the case.

Thanks for all the work...and the fancy unit graphics really do make a huge difference to the immersion factor.

at some points i agree with u(AI) but i think that the desing of the map and entierly the climate of the mod is very good and it gives a nice feel nad the number of units it is fine

Thanks for your pointers a few pages back about the Material balances. I didn't even realize you could hover over that at the top for a complete breakdown - very helpful!

I'm about 90 turns in now as Germany and have taken over France, all of Great Britain, and 3 required cities in Russia (Leningrad, Kiev, and Moscow - is Stalingrad on there? Can't find it anywhere...), but I'm not getting a victory condition. Is there anything left to complete or is that a bug?

The AI does do some pretty dumb things sometimes. Playing as King just to get the hang of it and just witnessed a tank at half health make an amphibious assault against a city from the ocean for a whopping 68 points of damage to itself... I'll play on Deity next time to test things out.

Thanks again for a great mod! Can't wait to play as all the nations...

Q1. After patch v12, how do you build the t-34? It didn't come out right after you build land factory.....like it used to on v10
Is it unlocked later?? il-2 and il-4s too. I don't see the projects right after military academy.
Projects don't come right away, there is connection to specific date.
May see here for example http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10874295&postcount=304

Q2. Playing as USSR on v14 and my game keeps crashing between turn 25&26 when I press end turn. I used to have random crashes, so I ignored the first. But its not random now.....
The same thing happened several times.
Clear all cash, make some back and forth changes in video options. Such tricks help me.

Post Scriptum: I just saw an article and it said t-34=t34/76. t34s were initially equipped with 76.2.mm guns, and so t34/76.
'The initial T-34 version had a 76.2 mm gun, and is often called the T-34/76 '-wikipedia.
Of course, if I am wrong, please tell me that I am wrong right away.
There were several versions of T-34 with 76 gun.
And yes this gun was from very beginning.
In this mod T-34 is for first versions of tank.
And T-34/76 is for upgrade versions which was till T-34-85.

I'm about 90 turns in now as Germany and have taken over France, all of Great Britain, and 3 required cities in Russia (Leningrad, Kiev, and Moscow - is Stalingrad on there? Can't find it anywhere...), but I'm not getting a victory condition. Is there anything left to complete or is that a bug?

- Feature : custom victory screens, to win the game you'll have to capture not only the capital, but 3 more key cities of your opponents. Here's the list of key cities:

- England : London, Liverpool, Edinbugh, Newcaste
- France : Paris, Caen, Dunkerque, Bordeaux
- Germany : Berlin, Kiel, Bremen, Frankfurt
- Italy : Rome, Naple, Milan, Bologna
- USSR : Moscow, Kiev, Stalingrad, Leningrad

Thanks Scoles - I had seen that. I've captured all of those cities except Stalingrad, which I can't even find on the map. Is it called on the map Volgograd, which is the modern name of the city? I've since updated my mod from v10 to v14, so I don't think I can check it any more.

Bah! I see it on my current game playing as Italy under the v14 - I swear I didn't see it under v10! Oh well - if it was there, I would have won anyway...

Thanks!

which I can't even find on the map. Is it called on the map Volgograd, which is the modern name of the city?
Yes Stalingrad = Volgograd.
But it strange that it's Volgograd in your game :confused:
Even in my russian version it's Stalingrad.

with the new projects in for the upgrade BF109s etc etc, arent you suposed to be able to re-fit units you allready have or do you really have to "rebuild" them all?

with the new projects in for the upgrade BF109s etc etc, arent you suposed to be able to re-fit units you allready have or do you really have to "rebuild" them all?

Once you complete the project, one unit will upgrade per turn until all units are upgrade to the next level.

Top Bottom