Realpolitik INDIA!

I would like to join the pacifist coalition. I also cast my first vote for Satyagraha (SAT) and another for the NSP.

Election Update, by Ilduce

Ilduce - NSP/Golden
Civ'ed - Golden/NSP
WIM - Pirates/SBP
revengeofmakno - Pirates/CHP
Hesmyrr - NSP/Golden
Dem_Taqat - CHP/SBP
Dumanios - Pirates
Terrance888 - CHP/SBP
Aysee - CHP/SBP
youknowwhatitis - Golden/IMP
Mechaerik - SAT/NSP

NSP: 4
Pirates: 3
Golden: 4
CHP: 4
SBP: 4
IMP: 1
SAT: 1

Consolidation Coalition(CHP/SBP[/Pirates?]): 8/[11?]
Pacifistic Prosperity Coalition(IMP/NSP/Golden/SAT): 10

Now we have a game.

Welcome mech. Sigh. It was going so well. Still. Nice to see you anyway.
Looks like we'll just pray for new arivals and sonreal/dumanios to vote.

DT
'They're all falling' :sad:

What the NACA party wants:

We want a strong, free market economy, a strong military, and a Nationalist, Indian-exclusive, Hindu theocracy. Who is willing to assist out goals.

Well I personally am against religion, but we havn't decided as a coalition, it all depends on what WIM thinks right now, unless one of my other party members shows up again.

DT
Hopefully Planning :ar15:

Front page updated.

I will have an election update later today. I am bit busy at the moment.

Please people, confirm and vote!

People who need to confirm stuff with me:

Terrance 888: For adding the pirates to the coalition.
The whole PPC: For adding Mecherik to the coalition.

People who should probably vote:

Domination 3000
Sonareal
LH (?)

Please PM these people!

(Dumanos has voted.)

Elections close 4-ish Tuesday (GMT +11). Or when everyone has confirmed stuff. Whichever happens later.

:D

We can confirm that Mechaerik is accepted as member of our coalition. Awesome to see that so many people are rallying to our cause and election no longer seems to be conclusive affair after all :) I hope that borderline parties like NACA and SBP who can go either way is willing to join in their support as well.

What the NACA party wants:
We want a strong, free market economy, a strong military, and a Nationalist, Indian-exclusive, Hindu theocracy.

I rise on a point of information (as the say in the UN).
What is your party's position if Hinduism is not formed in India or anywhere close by?

Election Update, by Lighthearter

Ilduce - NSP/Golden
Civ'ed - Golden/NSP
WIM - Pirates/SBP
Hesmyrr - NSP/Golden
Dem_Taqat - CHP/SBP
Dumanios - Pirates
Terrance888 - CHP/SBP
Aysee - CHP/SBP
mechaerik - SAT/NSP

Golden: 4
IMP: 1
CHP: 4
SBP: 4

Consolidation Coalition(CHP/SBP[/Pirates?]): 11
Pacifistic Prosperity Coalition(IMP/NSP/Golden/SAT): 10

At the moment the CC still has a lead over the PPC, but it's fading by the minute. One would think that sometime between now and Tuesday that gulf will be closed, but I've seen narrow victories like that before, so maybe not.

Well now, I think I'll be waiting in reserve. I'll probably look at where things are Tuesday and make my decision then.

-L

I support the Consolidation of the Consolidation Coalition.

As for Religion, early religion is useful, but I find Code of Laws a good tech to hit for religion. We get a free missionary (free buddy) as well as some time to throw around.

We can: Religion-> Agriculture-> Other techs, Agriculture-> Religion-> Other techs or Agriculture-> Other techs -> Late Religion

We can: Worker-> Troops-> Stuff
Troops-> Worker-> Stuff
Wonder-> Worker-> Stuff
Worker> Wonder-> Stuff
Troops-> Worker-> Wonder-> Stuff
Worker-> Troops-> Wonder-> Stuff

There is no doubt the pirates are in the Consolidation Coalition. Everybody has Agreed.

I personally support Agriculture -> other stuff ->late religion and
worker ->warrior ->stonhenge ->other stuff (particularly settler and defenders)
I like CoL as a tech, we can use spiritual to go caste <-> slavery and courthouses are always good. The religion is an added bonus if we get to it first.

DT
Contented Campaigner :ar15:

If we hit an early religion, as previous posters have mentioned, we risk missing other key techs and losing early development opportunities. While I am not putting down the benefits of a religion, I am against researching it for a first tech. I feel that researching polytheism will be a futile effort, that will actually hurt us in the short term, as we will lose the key early worker techs that will help India grow.

Therefore, I advocate researching early worker techs (ideally agriculture or pottery) and then going for a middle religion (ideally Confucianism, for Code of Laws).

What difficulty is this on exactly?

Even though my party is pretty hardline pro-war, I have to vote for the Pacifist Coalition because of their support for Hinduism and Free Markets. However, I want to make clear that I do not support the Pacifistic agenda, and if they do not become more pro-war in the future, I may start my own coalition with other fascists who are pro-Hindu. I am also willing to change allegiance later if the other party becomes more pro-Hindu and pro-free markets.

For now:

I vote for IMP and the Golden Party. However, their coalition has not won my support yet. If the administration does not act in the best interests of India, I'm willing to vote a new government in as often as needed until a government supports enough of the NACA platform.

I rise on a point of information (as the say in the UN).
What is your party's position if Hinduism is not formed in India or anywhere close by?

Dom, you would have failed if an American founded Hinduism. :D

Well, the idea is not to allow something like that to happen. If its a nearby country, we could invade them (We are militants) and get the Hindu holy city from them (Though I prefer we get it first, while NACA is pro-war, we care more about imposing Militant Hinduist Nationalism right here in India. We support war and we support Capitalism, but those aren't primary focuses of NACA.)

If America got it? I dunno? We might disband. We might choose a different religion, we might forget about religion and just go for National Capitalism. I haven't decided.

@The Other Coalition- I must admit, not pursuing Hinduism is one of the reasons I voted against you. If you get the government and are favorable to Hinduism, we will be likely to give you support next time. We haven't picked a permanent home yet.

ELECTION UPDATE, BY IBC NEWS

&#8220;Hello everybody, I&#8217;m Kerry O&#8217;Brien and we are live in the tally room. This is just in, can we have the graphic?&#8221;

(A man holds a big poster up to the audience with this on it):

Ilduce - NSP/Golden
Civ'ed - Golden/NSP
WIM - Pirates/SBP
Hesmyrr - NSP/Golden
Dem_Taqat - CHP/SBP
Dumanios - Pirates
Terrance888 - CHP/SBP
Aysee - CHP/SBP
mechaerik - SAT/NSP
Sonereal: CHP/SBP
Domination 3000: IMP/GOLD

Golden: 5
IMP: 2
CHP: 5
SBP: 5

Consolidation Coalition(CHP/SBP/Pirates): 13
Pacifistic Prosperity Coalition(IMP/NSP/Golden/SAT): 12

&#8220;So Kerry O&#8217;Brien, what does this mean?&#8221;
&#8220;Well, Tony Jones, the CC is winning by one vote. However, unless another Independent voter or party comes out of nowhere, the election is decided by LH. As LH has been mostly neutral, sometimes helping out with the IBC&#8217;s election updates, we have no idea what side he will vote for.&#8221;
&#8220;So what that does that mean, Kerry?&#8221;
&#8220;The official IBC election prediction is TOO CLOSE TO CALL.&#8221;

(A man holds another sign with this on it):

IBC OFFICIAL ELECTION PREDICTION:
TOO CLOSE TO CALL!

EDIT: We are on Noble.

If we hit an early religion, as previous posters have mentioned, we risk missing other key techs and losing early development opportunities. While I am not putting down the benefits of a religion, I am against researching it for a first tech. I feel that researching polytheism will be a futile effort, that will actually hurt us in the short term, as we will lose the key early worker techs that will help India grow.

Therefore, I advocate researching early worker techs (ideally agriculture or pottery) and then going for a middle religion (ideally Confucianism, for Code of Laws).
What difficulty is this on exactly?

This is the kind of logic that we cannot ignore. Going for Hinduism or Buddhism is a big risk. If we fail to get it, and there is big chance of that, we are seriously set back. Agriculture first gets us on a clear path with no risk.

Hmmm. By me, is it?

Right, I expect many of you to think that I, as befitting my style as GM of RP1, to sit back with political tomes around me, fireplace crackling with me upon a velvet armchair, a pair of spectacles perched on my nose. I would then look up and say in a serene British accent:

"After many hours of close study, I shall vote for X and Y because. . . .":mischief:

Heh. I leave all that crap behind when I exit the RP1 thread.:D

So I have decided to vote for the SAT, and hold my second vote in reserve while I sit back with a faintly bemused smile on my face as you all scatter and freak.

Because a little chaos is good for the soul. Really!

-L, causing electoral gridlock with no apparent thought:p

Top Bottom