Reference Charts

I get the following when I open the Traits chart:

Attachments

• Font problem.png
    Font problem.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 271
Techs chart now attached to the first post.

Switch Rocketry and Radar?

I have a suggestion for a switch in the modern era techs.

I think that Rocketry (with it's Sam Infantry and Cruise Missiles) comes too soon. I think it should be switched with Radar. Because Radar was an incredibly important tool in WWII. SAM Missile batteries were not.

Currently SAM Missile infantry and cruise missiles are in the "world war II" era, with the first bombers, tanks and planes; paratroopers and Carriers come a little later with Radar. I think we could adjust this a little to make it more accurate.

A brief History of the SAM
The first SAM Missiles did not enter operational service until a decade after WWII ended, they came about in an era of Jets and nuclear arms. The first Soviet SA-1 went operational in 1955, it wasn't until 1957 that a portable system entered service, and this was far from anything shoulder mounted (SAM Infantry).

SAM Infantry units systems, we call "MANPADS". The Germans had experimented with this tech in WWII (Fliegerfaustul), but nothing that was effective enough to enter service. The first generation of these weapons came about in the late 1960's. However, the MANPAD didn't really come into it's own until the 1980s (Think Mujahadeen).

In my opinion the Rocketry techs like SAM Missiles, guided missiles came into their own in the late modern era. Perhaps, the guided missile for example might come with the discovery of the Laser.

This is my suggestion for the tech tree in the modern era:

Top Row: Aviation -> Rocketry -> Satellites, that's what the Russians did, sent sputnik up before the manned missions) So it makes sense, even though we tend to think of satellites as coming later.

Next Row: Radar (+ Aviation) -> Aerodynamics (+Rocketry) -> space flight

This way radar, carriers and paratroopers are all available with the other "WWII" era techs. It makes sense that when you combine Radar and Aviation people start thinking about ways to make planes faster, hence aerodynamics. (Think Chuck Jaeger). Then when you combine that knowledge with Rocketry you get Space flight (think, The Right Stuff)

Issues
[The only issue here is that radar would become a prerequisite for nuclear fission. You could kind of stretch it beyond what is reasonable. I mean radar I'm sure had a roll in developing atomic systems as weapons of war. I think this little issue is a small price to pay.]

Also, you shouldn't need rocketry to get to fission. Splitting an ATOM is more about particle physics than it is about rocket science.

Good points. There's a lot about the Modern era that I'm unhappy with, needs an extensive review. Maybe in 1.23. I've noted this suggestion for when that happens.

Charts updated for 1.22. No Civilizations or Religion/Tenets chart yet sorry.

Downloading and unzipping them gets me a set of folders with individual images and a data.plist file.

Charts updated for 1.23. New Tenets chart added.

I can't seem to download. Keeps saying the file is missing on all mirrors?

The reference charts or HR 1.23? Both are downloading fine for me. If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll post a link from an alternative site.

Maybe add to civics guide some info on how they interact with War Weariness?

Maybe add to civics guide some info on how they interact with War Weariness?

None of the civics have any effect on War Weariness, except Clan Warfare.

Reference charts have been updated for 1.24.

Top Bottom