Restlessness, Invulnerable... what are these terms?

Mr. Do

Emperor
Sometimes when I'm scrolling across enemy landscapes, text appears above cities, words like "Invulnerable", or "Restlessness" was the latest term. What do these phrases mean, and why do they seem to be an AI-only phenomenom?

They're the bonuses gotten by the Indonesian swordsman UU. You'll see them because they're not pre-designated but earned when they first see action.

Ah, right, thanks! Invulnerable sounds like a pretty decent promotion!

I like Indonesia more every time I play them. Those two promos are a part of it too. Get an invulnerable unit the march promotion and it really does become practically invulnerable.

The key to Indonesia is to go wide early (the UA helps a lot if you have some nearby islands) and crank out as many kris swordsmen as possible before researching steel. Then you should always get a few with the really good promotions, restlessness, invulnerable and recruitment. The few bad ones you get can be cannon fodder or gifted away. The promotions carry over so all you need to do is add some ranged units and you have a pretty good army.

Their UB can produce a lot of faith too. I had 3 religions on my continent all influencing my cities. By the end game I was cranking out over 300 faith per turn and I hadn't built many shrines or temples. I did have mosques as a belief though. Peace gardens is a great belief for Indonesia too since their garden doesn't require water.

Top Bottom