reverting to previous version

Folket

Deity
Hello!

I have numerous issues with patch "j". Most notably the enemy builds nothing but units if at war which cause AI civs to build only warriors if war comes early enough. Other problems include, automated workers go to sleep while there are still tiles to improve, Illian workers do not improve on flat snow tiles, AI very seldom build mana nodes and AI building so many units that it stops researching(seems like AI never spends more then 10% on research, but often 0%).

I guess you know about the problem but I wanted to mention just in case.

Still my question is how would I go about to revert my version?

Sephi has released an AI Fix that corrects the problems that the patch J AI has in early or prolonged war situations. You can find that fix here. Sephi mentions that it fixes scenarios that use the Always War game option, but it is also beneficial outside the scenarios (including when Always War is not used). It may also fix some of the other problems you mentioned, but I don't believe that it fixes them all.

If you want to revert to a version from before the AI changes were made, you will need to download and install patch G. The Kael's link for the patch G installer can be found in the first post of the OOS Troubleshooting thread. Just run the patcher and your install will be reverted to 0.41g.

Thanks, that was very helpful. If I only knew how to edit the topics.

Top Bottom