[RFC] 40 Civilizations: Destruction of History

Yoshiegg737

Jungo Jungo
Destruction of History
The 4th 40 Civilization Story by Yoshiegg737
Played with: Greece

Uses the Dawn of Civilization Modmod

After seeing this, either your thinking "Another story? Update "insert story here" right now!" My response? Life needs...some variety. None of my previous stories are dead (except for Quest for Power because I finished it). I'll just update this story...then I'll get bored of it and update my Civ5 story...and when I'm bored of that I'll update this story again! See?

Anyway...to this story. Why is it called Destruction of History? I will not do anything according to history. The Netherlands spawned beside Germany? NO! The Netherlands spawns beside a Greek city while another Greek city was built in Ireland! It will be fun!

For my previous 40 Civilization stories, you can find them here:

1. Quest for Power (Finished)
2. Choose your Own Adventure (In Progress)
3. Ghandi the Reporter (In Progress)
4. Destruction of History (Finished)

Concerning Choose your Own Adventure, the update is about 3/4 done so you can expect that one soon! :D

-Growl-

FINISH CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE FIRST! :spank:

Ok, let's give you all something to read before I get attacked by Mosher

This galley already has a settler in it! Let's go wreck something with it!
Spoiler :

Our neighbours. Too bad he's gonna die soon but I can't really prevent that one
Spoiler :

Upon exploring the countryside, we accidentally destroy Hattusas
Spoiler :

Then we meet some more people. Notice that Elishat has nothing to say because she is so awed by my presence
Spoiler :

We settle Corinth overtop some French people who wish to form a civilization one day
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, our warrior is having troubles with bears
Spoiler :

Then, Egypt shows themselves
Spoiler :

I think Hattusas re-spawned itself. I'll go deal with that later
Spoiler :

My next city should have no trouble with future Europian Civilizations...I think
Spoiler :

Oh look! Romans! I predict he's gonna attack me
Spoiler :

And guess what? He pokes his eyes out because the light from my presence has blinded him
Spoiler :

Oh, and we meet Persia
Spoiler :

The cultured Greeks realize how cultured they are
Spoiler :

And for those Romans: we have built our military! That should hold off Rome and future civilizations
Spoiler :

Next update...after Choose your Own Adventure :D

Have a good read!

Neat, I'm playing DoC Greece too. Looks like there's going to be a lot of revolting in this one in ~1500 years.:)
Yeah...I played Greece before and had every single one of my cities revolt against me except Athens :lol:

Maybe I'll do better in this story :D

And now we have our coverage in Rome :D

I almost capture Mediolanum. As you can see by the weak archer, I needed only one more unit to get the city. Bummer
Spoiler :

Well! I didn't see this coming. Hopefully, Babylon will keep him busy
Spoiler :

I found another city near the spot where Istanbul will soon be. That won't be for a while, though
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, I sneak through all of Rome and capture Pompeii. I now make the difficult decision to keep the city
Spoiler :

And I end up paying dearly for that decision
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, I get annoyed by barbarians and their horses.
Spoiler :

Silly barbarians
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, India is having difficulties with barbarians
Spoiler :

Then, more barbarians come to greet me
Spoiler :

Haaaaaaave a nice day

So, barbarians, barbarians, and some conquering.

HMMMMMMMMM...

Here's a treat for you guys, two updates in a day!:banana:

For this update, it's more...conquering, barbarians, barbarians conquering, conquering barbarians, more barbarians :D

Anyway, I go pillage-fest on Rome
Spoiler :

Luckely, my buddies from Carthage (AKA: Phoenicia) help me out
Spoiler :

Caesar allows me to correct my earlier mistake, and I take it
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, we find out how large Greece is
Spoiler :

Julius has died, and I can't say I like his replacement too much
Spoiler :

So much anger...

During the fighting, we get Pyrrhos, a great general
Spoiler :

And then, we go on a razing spree
Spoiler :

FUN!

Rome is dead! I...didn't actually do anything...but I'll just think that I did it :D
Spoiler :

Now I have to deal with barbarians! Unfortunatly, the first victims are my workers
Spoiler :

Yeah...look at those barbarians
Spoiler :

(Help me)

It looks like my friends are having the same troubles
Spoiler :

This...is not going to end well
Spoiler :

But somehow, I beat more than 3/4 of their stack. Unfortunatly, that is just not enough
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Corinth is thriving (lucky little...)
Spoiler :

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it's Ragnar!!!
Spoiler :

:banana:Epic music time!:banana:

Congratulations, Ragnar! I now officially hate you
Spoiler :

Somehow, the citizens of Odessos prove that they are stronger than my military
Spoiler :

What a shame. I had this death stack and everything
Spoiler :

Then, my friends get destroyed. How tragic
Spoiler :

But on the other hand, I gain random Celtic cities
Spoiler :

HaaAaaaAAave nICe daYYY!

How are you managing to maintain stability?
Honestly...I ignored that since the barbarians were really taking up most of my time. Now that I see it...yeah...I guess I was pretty stable. Don't know why, though :lol:

Seems that you just got the Catholic HC. Why not build the Apostolic Palace at Athens before France spawns, just in case the shrine is not yet built?
Uhh...after playing the next turnset...that won't be possible :D

Can you give us a shot of the stability screen next set? I'm wondering how you can maintain stability so far out into Europe too. :confused:
That will be a problem. I just played the next turnset during school (free time FTW) and...well...I'll just give you the update and you will see why

Alright...to start this action packed update, I saw Spain and Arabia spawn

Spoiler :

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand...here come's my worst nightmare. Suddenly, I realize how badly damaged my army was after the fight with barbarians
Spoiler :

Charlemagne, of France, has nothing to say to me about the matter (jerk)
Spoiler :

The French attack Corinth (they even spawned next to it) and lose about 3/5 of their stack. Which is about...9 units. That's pretty good defending but it doesn't prevent the capture of Corinth
Spoiler :

Do I want to become those French jerks? No thank you

And while I'm moving my army to destroy France, I had forgotten about the barbarians. Poor Odessos.
Spoiler :

And to make the Greek's feel worse, Herodotus shows how intelligent we are
Spoiler :

Luckely, I have many troops to spare
Spoiler :

Welcome back, Corinth

Here's the battlefield. Cherbourg has 1 longbowman and Bordeaux (which they just captured) has 2 axemen. I have 1 swordsman, 1 Pyrrhos the Hoplite, 1 other Hoplite, and an archer. I leave the archer in Corinth and head out to Cherbourg
Spoiler :

Fleeing Greeks manage to form a settler which becomes the town of Megara
Spoiler :

BURN, CHERBOURG, BURN!!! Unfortunatly, only my swordsman and Pyrrhos survive the battle; sustaining serious injuries. See those French units? They are the French counter attack force, who brutally destroy what was left of my once great army. Also worth noting is that England has spawned quietly
Spoiler :

Oh...no...no, no, no, no, no, no
Spoiler :

Ironically, I met Zara on the same turn. For a second, I thought that Ethiopia was spawning in Europe for no apparent reason
Spoiler :

The Germans spawn and capture that annoying Viking city with their super massive army. And how much unit's do I have? 1 archer, 1 warrior, and 1 Hoplite. Yeah...I'm so screwed
Spoiler :

At this point, it's either bail or die. So I bail on my dying civilization (Megara was burned down by a giant barbarian stack...yippee)
Spoiler :

How weak was my army? After whipping a fresh Hoplite, my city, Mykenai, was still somehow captured by the Independant state who declared war on me. Ouch.
Spoiler :

And now...I'm Germany! I didn't expect that one. I use a few of my unit's to see how easy it would have been to capture Corinth. It was very easy
Spoiler :

I then take Mykenai away from the Independants
Spoiler :

(As Corinth becomes my capital city)

Ragnar is so scared of my military strength that he sends in a great meditator. Sure, peace it is
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, some barbarians take over Athenai. That...could have been me
Spoiler :

(In response to your stability questions, you can see here that my stability (if I was still Greece) would have gone under. It looks like I was barely on the fence)

I rebuild the city of Odessos with one of my two settlers
Spoiler :

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...here's my empire! Looks familiar, don't you think? All I need to do now is recapture Athenai and things will look like the way they used to :D
Spoiler :

hHhhH~~VEe ~ niCe D~~yY

NoooooOoOooOooooOoooo... :sad: Darn those Frankish Peoples! They should be brought to justice by the Germans as they appropriate the remains of Greek civilization!

Top Bottom