Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

The Human Genome Project requires a Research Lab in the city. Double check the city it's been built in, in case this has been destroyed or somesuch?

Sorry, I thought I was clear.

I have genetic tailoring in the city.

To have genetic tailoring, you must have the human genome project.

Shields just don't add.

Hello, I am an old Civ player, but new to the forum. I have been interested for about a year in successfully downloading and Playing Rise and Rule for Civ III. The best I have been able to do is download versions that crash at the same (generally tantalizing) point every time. I have posted to the general forum, tried (obviously to download from many sites, etc.). My computer is having no other difficulties, and will run monstrous program like photo shop.

From the unenlightened, can you please, please, please, Help?

Thanks,

The Communard

Communard;

You request is difficult to satisfy because you really didn't give enough information. Letting us know it's at the same point is very helpful. Even more helpful would be knowing what that point was.

Hello Communard some question which will make it easier for us to help you out:
Is there an error message like file xyz not found or anything like that?
Are you playing the steam version?
Did the crash happen at your or at AI turn?
During which phase of the turn does the error appear: building stuff, getting a tech, clicking on some civopedia links or during diplomacy?

When ever me and my buddy tries to found the 8th city in multiplayer mode the game crashes anybody else have simular experience??:)

When ever me and my buddy tries to found the 8th city in multiplayer mode the game crashes anybody else have simular experience??:)

Well, when playing with a friend, that happened to him, but on CCM. Though, I think it was on the 7th city. If I recall correctly, I already had 7 cities. We ended up not continuing because of it, since it still did it when we reloaded.

1. Is it correct that you can only build roads in the beginning?
2. This is the first time I have installed a mod for Civ 3. I have installed the .exe, the 1.6 patch and the .biq file. But I somehow have weird text bugs, like the attack values for units not being shows, tiles showing "Road: Gold: Shields:" instead of "Food: Shields: Gold:" or the settlers movement being displayed as "Bombard:" or instead of "Gold per turn" it displays "Alliance", etc.

EDIT: I am using the steam version.

I don´t have much experience with the multiplayer. Has anybody an idea why this reported crash happened so it can be fixed?

1. Is it correct that you can only build roads in the beginning?

Yep. You don't get to build Mines until part-way through Era 1, and you don't get to Irrigate until part-way through Era 2!

I'm having a weird problem: I can't build nukes.

I have uranium, I have all the techs, but still can't build them. Any ideas?

I'm having a weird problem: I can't build nukes.
I have uranium, I have all the techs, but still can't build them. Any ideas?

jlvfr, have you built the SW "Atomic Weapons Test" (=Manhattan Project)? Without building this SW in RARR (and RAR) you cannot build nukes.

No, and I can't, it's not available...

Yes, in RARR this SW is getting obsolete with tech Supersonic Flight (as the time for autoproduced 4-mot. nuclear bombers now has gone. I never thought, that civers forget to build this extreme important building. May be in the next version of the RARR-biq I set that SW not to become obsolete - on the other side meaning you receive autoproduced nuclear bombers, when in history they were obsolete since a longer time. On the other side again, with the new findings in upgrading units with the king-flag, I think I can find an appropriate solution for that situation.

Yes, in RARR this SW is getting obsolete with tech Supersonic Flight (as the time for autoproduced 4-mot. nuclear bombers now has gone. I never thought, that civers forget to build this extreme important building. May be in the next version of the RARR-biq I set that SW not to become obsolete - on the other side meaning you receive autoproduced nuclear bombers, when in history they were obsolete since a longer time.

Well, I just hope no one with nukes gets mad at me... :cry:

Well, I just hope no one with nukes gets mad at me... :cry:

It honours you, that you said no to nuclear weapons for all times (in that game), but unfortunately in RARR this doesn´t give you some extra-points. :)

It honours you, that you said no to nuclear weapons for all times (in that game), but unfortunately in RARR this doesn´t give you some extra-points. :)

Yeah but when I remove nukes, I remove for everyone... now I gotta be sneaky and fast... and pray...:D

Top Bottom