Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

In my current Bannor game my capitol produces 590 hammers when making unit (Base 89, 20 from Pillar of Chains, +35% from buildings, +50% from Capitol, +155% for military units, +2 from extra food).

However, if I just make champions non-stop (alt-click) I get 11 per turn (1320 hammers worth). So I think there is a problem with the overflow calculations.

In my current Bannor game my capitol produces 590 hammers when making unit (Base 89, 20 from Pillar of Chains, +35% from buildings, +50% from Capitol, +155% for military units, +2 from extra food).

However, if I just make champions non-stop (alt-click) I get 11 per turn (1320 hammers worth). So I think there is a problem with the overflow calculations.

I think your having a few problems with calculations too, because that only gives you 377.4 hammers:mischief:

I think animals are kind of op in the current version too, I mean all animals over a certain age get an innate +60% combat bonus and a promotion to beast status. My champion shanked by a +160% 8str bear(who gave my chariot a sweet 16 exp when I got him back next turn.;), but it is still kind of rediculous to have a heavily armored soldier get killed by a bear:cringe:). From what I've seen so far, animals can have up to double their base str and an innate +60% combat bonus, right?

I think animals are kind of op in the current version too, I mean all animals over a certain age get an innate +60% combat bonus and a promotion to beast status. My champion shanked by a +160% 8str bear(who gave my chariot a sweet 16 exp when I got him back next turn.;), but it is still kind of rediculous to have a heavily armored soldier get killed by a bear:cringe:). From what I've seen so far, animals can have up to double their base str and an innate +60% combat bonus, right?

If it's a beast then it's not just a "bear". But I tend to agree... the super animals seem a bit odd and op. Might be better to restrict it to creatures that aren't "normal". And possibly have barb spawns have a 1% chance or something to include one of these beasts, modified by the turn #.

/Of course this discussion doesn't belong in the bug thread.

Krieger66 those are the numbers listed in the city screen so either the listing is wrong or how it calculates the total is off. Though if it adds the % increases one at a time then you get closer (89+20)(1.35)(1.5)(2.55) = 562.85. At any rate, I shouldn't be getting eleven champions a turn.

A huge bear is not "just a bear", it's a Beast. And I feel perfectly fine with Beasts being strong. ;)

Would help if the creature was renamed or changed appearance (like spiders do). It still looks like a bear, sounds like a bear, and is still called a "Bear". You have to take the effort to hover and count promotion icons, or take a hunter and click-hold like you're going to attack to see if you get the "animal" or "beast" attack percentage.

A huge bear is not "just a bear", it's a Beast. And I feel perfectly fine with Beasts being strong. ;)

So basically any bear can sit in a forest for 200 turns and then become a beast that makes agares demon bears look like a cartoony picnic basket-stealing bear?:eek2: Also are elephants and mammoths who become beasts supposed to be able to attack your units?

@vivictus Well your still lucky that you actually get bonus units, I've played two games with the clan so far and I've never been able to get extra units by the overflow mechanic. I'd say its some bug with the base game that messes up the mechanic.:dunno:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Assets\Modules\LoadOrderVitalModules\FirstLoad'

When I look in the folder itself I do not have LoadOrderVitalModules\FirstLoad'

I tried reinstalling.

There's still a problem with civs being removed from the game when their last city is taken. Namely, from the ai player owning a treasure chest(and I didn't even have the complete kills challenge turned on).

Acheron, when captured, can't move. Has happened to me in more than one game. It's like he's still leashed or something.

A hidden nationality unit can join a general (although they can't move together, you can move them separately and the unit still gets the benefits), but a unit that has joined a general can't use the ability to become hidden nationality.

My game can't get past turn 277. When I end the turn, it just freezes. Here's a save.

Attachments

• Jason Cho Turn_0277.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Hi, i used FFH2, Orbis, And Fall Further in the past, but i just re installed Civ and wanted to try this mod. I started a game on a huge map, default settings, and after the second turn i CTD.

Any ideas?

Thanks

...A hidden nationality unit can join a general (although they can't move together, you can move them separately and the unit still gets the benefits), but a unit that has joined a general can't use the ability to become hidden nationality.

And why can't my arcane barge heal my privateers unless they declare nationality?:confused:
Also do not hire 16+ mercenaries in one tile, it caused my game to crash.:(

Im playing with the development build off the Svn, cause you guys still haven't put the xUPT on the public build yet, and I cant change religion anymore. Anytime i click on one of the other religions (im currently FoL), it un-selects after i move my mouse. What is wierd is that I had changed religion once already this game, from Overlords to Fellowship. Though, I did turn overlords on with the popup the first time.

Do you have any religion based heroes? Before you had to dismiss any of them before moving out of that religion.

dammit, yeah the Satyr's. Forgot about them. And here i was playing the Clan, thinking that i had a good Ranger replacement, since all the Commander UU's they replaced the scout line with cant capture animals, and hiring recon units is a waste of money.

Another bug, though more inconvenient than anything else. Built a Meta-magic node, and the structure for the node is ballooned up to like 1000% of it's normal size.

So, which file is it that i need to redownload from the Public server for this?

I also checked all the other nodes with worldbuilder and the metamagic node is the only one with a problem. Nice work by the way whoever it was who designed other nodes for the Clan.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    346.4 KB · Views: 92
The stoneskin ogre spawngroup(3 ogres and 2 cyklop) is stupid, they appeared at an outpost with 2 mercenaries and all they do for 5 turns is bombard. I get 8 mercenaries soon and I kill them off before my relief force even makes it there, that was one dissapointment but then I also can't pick up the weapon he dropped. But the main point here is they should have easily taken my city but they don't because any units with ranged attacks act stupidly, even worse than ai mages because at least they go in for a kill.:(

Another bug, though more inconvenient than anything else. Built a Meta-magic node, and the structure for the node is ballooned up to like 1000% of it's normal size.

So, which file is it that i need to redownload from the Public server for this?

I also checked all the other nodes with worldbuilder and the metamagic node is the only one with a problem. Nice work by the way whoever it was who designed other nodes for the Clan.

Woops, never did fix that. Sadly, it's either Metamagic is bugged, or all the others are bugged, or you lose the new node art.

And it's not just for the Clan, all civs use the same art.

I'd also like to suggest removing big boss and war bosses from the units that can be created by recruitment as they allow you to recruit an infinite number of units. I've recruited 21 units from my capital in one turn with the recruitment spell of one warboss and two created from the spell. I have 4 war bosses left in my capital who have not used their ability yet. Hell of alot more usefull than the nonfunctional multiple production ability.

It's safe to say its metamagic, I've never seen that happen with other nodes.

Top Bottom