Road to War hitler bug - no interface

kjpg@ucla.edu

Chieftain
I recently bought BtS, am running all the current patches. Tried playing the RTW -Europe,1938 or 1939, as Hitler. After a several minute load time, the game appears but only shows the terrain and the units. No other interface at all. even Options are unavailable (although you can click the button just fine). Opening a city view is the same - the terrain tiles and nothing else. Obviously this is unplayable, although I can use the existing units.

Opened a RTW - pacific as hirohito, and this was fine.

Any ideas?

Hmm. 1938 and 1939 Hitler both load OK here. As you say, it takes a long time to go the final step and display the game, but it's all there. And there are no Python errors, which are the usual precursor to a game with no interface.

Quote: "No other interface at all. even Options are unavailable (although you can click the button just fine)." Where is the Options button if you have no interface?

I can only suggest reinstalling. We could try to investigate by enabling logging in the CivilizationIV.ini file, but since your game behaves differently from mine, reinstallation is the simpler option.

Quote: "No other interface at all. even Options are unavailable (although you can click the button just fine)." Where is the Options button if you have no interface?

Hit "esc" brings up the menu with save/load/retire/options/etc.

I'll try the logging option and then reinstall. How about the BTW ultimate edition mod. According the post I read , that should work with the mac. Any opinions there?

kevin

i got a ton of python errors, app crash twice. re-installed, same thing. re-installed, now it works. go figure. still takes forever between turns, though. almost unplayable.

Top Bottom