[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine--Act 3: Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Atlantic Council serves as Joe Biden's foreign policy think tank

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/10/13/...tained-employer-while-courting-his-vp-father/

At the time, the Atlantic Council was pushing to ramp up the proxy war against pro-Russian forces in Ukraine. In 2015, for instance, the think tank helped prepare a proposal for arming the Ukrainian military with offensive weaponry like Javelin anti-tank missiles.

Given that the Atlantic Council has been funded by the two manufacturers of the Javelin system, Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, this created at least the appearance of a conflict of interest.

the dogs of war

Institute for the Study of War:

Russian President Vladimir Putin likely intends to annex occupied southern and eastern Ukraine directly into the Russian Federation in the coming months. He will likely then state, directly or obliquely, that Russian doctrine permitting the use of nuclear weapons to defend Russian territory applies to those newly annexed territories.
Such actions would threaten Ukraine and its partners with nuclear attack if Ukrainian counteroffensives to liberate Russian-occupied territory continue. Putin may believe that the threat or use of nuclear weapons would restore Russian deterrence after his disastrous invasion shattered Russia's conventional deterrent capabilities.

https://bit.ly/37Kt0IZ

Chief of Ukrainian Defense Intelligence, Kyrylo Budanov, has an optimistic take on the future, and he's predicting :
- A coup against Putin is underway.
- The breaking point of the fighting will be during the second part of August.
- By the end of the year, military operations would be mostly over and Ukraine will have regained control of all its territory, including Crimea and Donbass.

That certainly sounds very bold, so I would usually ignore such claims as PR boast, but he's the guy who predicted a Russian attack during january-february so I'll keep this in mind anyway.

Chief of Ukrainian Defense Intelligence, Kyrylo Budanov, has an optimistic take on the future...

He's overly optimistic imho, especially regarding the deadlines

would have been bad to be caught

after having fallen for Russian propaganda

as in Americans have NOT delivered digital fire control systems for the field guns they delivered . Proven by pictures !

Spoiler :

1ptelf2y.png

9f77z285.jpg

which would then "mean" Americans were trying to prolong this war for profits for corporations because Russia is defeated because just watch the internet because tank turrets 50 meters in the air . Luckily ı have been a fanboi longer than many here have been extant on the planet , so ı know the Ukranians have no need for shoot and scoot tactics and they are saving the effort by firing in batteries and look , the guy is there for the day , after being dug in and so on . Pheew , lucky me .

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1525168784587337728

a source that defines itself as "Conservative" , seems 57 Senators or something voted against Military against Ukraine , which surely was covered in the thread called General Politics , but the important part is like the claim that some Democrat having declared "We are at war" or something . Are we going to be allowed to like discuss what will happen to America , Democrats , whatever ?

Attachments

• 1ptelf2y.png
    1ptelf2y.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
would have been bad to be caught

after having fallen for Russian propaganda

as in Americans have NOT delivered digital fire control systems for the field guns they delivered . Proven by pictures !

which would then "mean" Americans were trying to prolong this war for profits for corporations because...
Or you apply Occam's Razor, and suspect that the Americans aren't sharing this for not wanting to risk the Russians picking up this piece of kit and reverse engineer – which we know the Russians do all the time.

That's the immediate go-to reason for something like that. But why ruin a perfectly good Conspiracy Theory, right?

which basically proves you are not following the internet . Because Russians can not find chips , can not advance to capture the guns and can not reverse engineer the thing in less than a year and the Chinese stole everything in America back in 2011 anyhow . And possibly avoiding the thing about Ukranians fighting in batteries , which means you can feed them targeting data from Kiev on a cellphone . Items one and three being the most popular and widely available to Americans . Uh , sticking consperacy on people is such a winner move , right ?

edit: No , ı spelled Consperacy so correctly .

Not that the Poles needed more motivation to help Ukraine:

https://www.newsweek.com/oleg-morozov-russia-poland-denazification-comment-1706552
A member of the Russian parliament and a top member of President Vladimir Putin's political party, United Russia, has suggested that Russia look to Poland after Ukraine in its quest for "denazification."

Oleg Morozov's comments, which were posted to Telegram, echoed Putin's self-described goal of working to "denazify" Ukraine.

Poland should be "in first place in the queue for denazification after Ukraine," Morozov said in the post, according to an English translation.

And this is why everyone in Europe must help Ukraine. Any Russian soldier killed there cannot march further westwards.

which basically proves you are not following the internet . Because Russians can not find chips , can not advance to capture the guns and can not reverse engineer the thing in less than a year and the Chinese stole everything in America back in 2011 anyhow . And possibly avoiding the thing about Ukranians fighting in batteries , which means you can feed them targeting data from Kiev on a cellphone . Items one and three being the most popular and widely available to Americans . Uh , sticking consperacy on people is such a winner move , right ?

edit: No , ı spelled Consperacy so correctly .
You don't spread tech around willy-nilly if doing so meaning it might end up with your rivals. If the Russians get hold of US tech they can reverse engineer it as and when they have the means. They can't if they don't.

This is like security-think 101 level stuff where any high end military tech is involved.

But according to you this is fought on a principle of simple US greed, QED...

OK, the usual suspects who want to sniff the sulphuric scent of the US behind the Russians going ape on a neighbour will buy that.

Chief of Ukrainian Defense Intelligence, Kyrylo Budanov, has an optimistic take on the future, and he's predicting :
- A coup against Putin is underway.
- The breaking point of the fighting will be during the second part of August.
- By the end of the year, military operations would be mostly over and Ukraine will have regained control of all its territory, including Crimea and Donbass.

That certainly sounds very bold, so I would usually ignore such claims as PR boast, but he's the guy who predicted a Russian attack during january-february so I'll keep this in mind anyway.
Well, I'm no general or strategist, but all analysts and military experts seem to agree, that time is working against Russia and for Ukraine. So, I reckon Zelesky won't launch the 'real' Ukrainian counter-offensive, until he has all his ducks in row. That means the regular army, the Territorial Defense Force (+120,000 troops), plenty of NATO-grade artillery, missile launchers and anti-air and most vital, munitions and logistics in place to support a month long counter-offensive. Zelensky and his commanders will not make all the same mistakes that Russia did in February to April. The bulk of the Territorial Defense Force is undergoing training and upscaling of competences + equipment and probably won't be ready for deployment until late June/July. So, July/August sounds right. That's my $0.02 anyway.

Well, I'm no general or strategist, but all analysts and military experts seem to agree, that time is working against Russia and for Ukraine. So, I reckon Zelesky won't launch the 'real' Ukrainian counter-offensive, until he has all his ducks in row. That means the regular army, the Territorial Defense Force (+120,000 troops), plenty of NATO-grade artillery, missile launchers and anti-air and most vital, munitions and logistics in place to support a month long counter-offensive. Zelensky and his commanders will not make all the same mistakes that Russia did in February to April. The bulk of the Territorial Defense Force is undergoing training and upscaling of competences + equipment and probably won't be ready for deployment until late June/July. So, July/August sounds right. That's my $0.02 anyway.

Well June is also summer and coincides with depleted Russians and even if they mobilize it's gonna take time.

Looking at the map east of Kherson seems a weak point.

You don't spread tech around willy-nilly if doing so meaning it might end up with your rivals. If the Russians get hold of US tech they can reverse engineer it as and when they have the means. They can't if they don't.

This is like security-think 101 level stuff where any high end military tech is involved.

But according to you this is fought on a principle of simple US greed, QED...

OK, the usual suspects who want to sniff the sulphuric scent of the US behind the Russians going ape on a neighbour will buy that.

when the fight is more about shutting up people ... Like , go back and see ... THAT there was no need to fit some digital fire control thing to a gun/howitzer/whatever if you were not going to advance 100 kilometers a day into lraq in the general direction of Baghdad , or you were a single gun in a firebase on a mountain in Afghanistan , or you were transferred into some alternate universe Fulda Gap . Like , it is like plainly written there , somewhere . Am pretty sure the stuff doesn't love shocks and vibrations anyhow . When the Ukranians are driving into Moscow , am pretty sure all those boxes will appear right on the guns .

but then thanks for making the point ı was after .

Numerous explosions in Belgorod for quite a long time.
There is a bunch of BTG assembled there, I wonder if Ukraine tried to strike at them to hamper their deployment.

Seems that a bunch of soldiers from the Donbass are stuck in Russia and prevented to go back to their region. The situation is a bit unclear 'cause I don't understand what the guy is saying : source.

Russians retreating from Kharkiv region apparently.

How about:

Putin going for the mirror image of Finland-Sweden joining NATO:

Concentrate troops on the rebellious republics and the minimal landbridge.
Organise ASAP a referendum in those occupied areas where the vote goes for joining the RF.
Organise victory parade in Mariupol with speech making clear that any further attacks on these areas is seen as attacks on Russian soil and will see nuclear "appropiate" response.

Curious what the posters from Finland and Sweden think about being (at least at threat level) banned from nato by Turkey.

And in that process, being termed as nests for terrorist cells ^_^

Come on, this is the only positive for me in being in this thread :D

Meh?

In the still more-unlikely-than-not case of Russia invading Finland, how'd they fare? Coastal Helsinki could probably be captured relatively easy but otherwise we're a country of vast distances + lots of forests and lakes, i.e. a defender's dream.

btw @red_elk Did any Russian media mention our president's explicitly stated reason of Finland applying to NATO, "look in the mirror [Russia]" (ok, he said at instead of in, but who cares)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom