Saibotlieh's Leaderhead Collection

Well it was a dumb on my part for sure.

I was getting frustrated so I started from over from scratch. Then it hit me half way through.
I had your original Famous group in the root of the game and in my game mod folder so they worked fine being identical.
Where everything went south was when I added the Native Amazon file. Everything appeared to be in the right place.
But, as you recall, if I tried to load AmazonsCiv_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml everything would crash. Remove it and the game would run but without the units.
Staring at the file for all this time failed to reveal an error. :coffee:

Then something hit me about Buttons messing up everything so I went back and looked at the AmazonsCiv_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file.
Again everything look as it should. :sad::sad:

Then :eek::eek:!

In My Mods the Famous People files had the Modules/Female Modern Soldiers/Custom Units/Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/ and Modules/Female Modern Soldiers/Custom Units/Art/Units/ for example which pointed to those units fine by over riding the ones in the root folder. That's why they worked fine. But I didn't have the Native Amazons in My Mods so that direction wouldn't work.
So what I had for them was Modules/Native Amazons/Custom Units/Art/Units/ as the same direction. WRONG!!!!!! They were not there! :nono:

I realized it should have been Modules/Custom Civilizations/Amazon_Civilization/Assets/Modules/Native Amazons/Custom Units/Art/Units/ and BANG, everything worked. :thumbsup:

So, not having Native Amazons folder in My Mods, the word Modules appearing twice in the direction line, one set of units working and the others not, just added to the confusion. :wallbash:

Great work skinning, they look fantastic. The Long Swords look a little paler to their counterparts but still scary if you ever met one.
Many thanks to you and Kathy for spending so much time helping me work through this. You guys are great and proud to call friends. :worship:

Good thing you figured it out in the end. Thanks for the info and I am glad that you like the models. I hope you will have a lot of fun with your mod. :)

Good thing you figured it out in the end. Thanks for the info and I am glad that you like the models. I hope you will have a lot of fun with your mod. :)

Thanks to you and Kathy. I am appreciating all your hard work. I don't have the talent but I enjoy everything you do. I have learned a lot.

I have a special request.

I wanted to reskin your Ulpia Severina Leaderhead to look like Manuela Saenz:

Unfortunately, I could not remove the laurel wreath. So I ask you if you would be so kind to remove it for me.

Still wonderful after all these years, eh Sai? Glad to see you're still around. :)

Hey Saibotlieh if its not to much trouble I'm wondering if you'd know how to get this leaderhead working: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/tenoch.18079/

I've tried and can't figure it out.
Hm, that one is a bit messy. I was able to make it work changing the name of the Master skeleton nodes from "Arawak_parent NonAccum" and "d_Arawak_MASTER" to "d_gilgamesh_MASTER NonAccum" and "d_gilgamesh_MASTER", since those are the labels the animation files are looking for. Don't know how it should work without these changes. Anyhow, the modified nif file is attached and the leaderhead seems to be working with the following xml code lines:
Code:
           <NIF>art/LeaderHeads/Tenoch/Arawak.nif</NIF>
           <KFM>art/LeaderHeads/Tenoch/Arawak2.kfm</KFM>
           <NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/Tenoch/Arawak.nif</NoShaderNIF>
           <BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/Tenoch/hannibal_BG2.kfm</BackgroundKFM>

Enjoy1 :)

Attachments

• Arawak.zip
    575.7 KB · Views: 162
Hello Saibotlieh I hope all has been well with you. I don't know if you want to do this or not but I have a small request.

Is it possible to attach feathers to the leaderhead in the rar file attached to this post?

Like the image from this:

Attachments

• Comcomly.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
I tried if I could help this time, but the feathers I found for other units of leaders unfortunately flow somewere around, but could not easily be added to the existing nodes.
By the way, I like the clouth you gave him. :top:
But his face seems to be very yellowish.

Sorry for the late response, but I often have a look at the forums only at the weekends. Anyhow, I have created two types of feathers you should be able to attach to the model via NifSkope. Think you know best how you would like to arrange the feathers. They should also be relatively easy to reskin if you want to go for a different kind of feather color.

Enjoy. :)

Attachments

• Feathers.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 132
How do I attach the feathers exactly, I can't seem to figure that out. I want them arranged like in the picture, but even two prominant ones in the back of the head would work.
I guess you are already able to use NifSkope, right? If so, just copy the feather files into your Comcomly and open your modified Charlemagne.nif file and (for this example) the feather01.nif file. Next, in the feather01 file, browse to the NiTriShape node of the feather, right-click on it and choose Block->Copy Branch.
Spoiler :

Next, go to your Charlemagne file, browse within the "skeleton" nodes until you reach the NiNode called "b_head". Then right-click on that one and choose Block->Paste Branch.
Spoiler :

It can happen that the software "forgets" the copied branch after a while, so if the Paste Branch option is not present, just copy again from the feather file.

Now the feather should appear in Charlemagne file, but of course not yet in the position you want to have it. To rearrange it, right-click on the new NiTriShape node called "Feather01" and choose Transform->Edit.
Spoiler :

A new window should appear with which you can translate and rotate the feather mesh. Change them until the feather is positioned in the way you want it to be.
Spoiler :

If you like, you can also change the Scale to resize the feather.

And that's about it. Repeat until you have all the feathers you want on your leaderhead. Once finished, you can delete the feather nif files again, but you will need to keep the feather dds files for texture.

If you want to get a slightly better performance, you should add new feathers of a kind not using the feather nif files anymore, but instead Block->Copy the NiTriShape of it in your leaderhead and Block->Paste it to the skeleton node you want to add it. This way, the NiTexturingProperty, NiMaterialProperty and NiTriShapeData nodes will be the same instead of new instances.

Also, while you are already using NifSkope, you could have a look at the NiPointLight nodes to modify the lighting of your leaderhead. Further, try a right-click on your leaderheads NiTriShape node and go to Texture->Edit UV to be able to modify the texture of your model.

Just play around a bit to see what NifSkope can do for you. As long as you make a back-up of your leaderhead there is nothing to lose.

Enjoy. :)

Attachments

• InsFeath_01.jpg
    InsFeath_01.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 564
  • InsFeath_02.jpg
    InsFeath_02.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 552
  • InsFeath_03.jpg
    InsFeath_03.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 520
  • InsFeath_04.jpg
    InsFeath_04.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 521
Saibohleah thankyou for that excellent tutorial. I did what you said, thanks to you I can do alot more with leaderhead and probably units...

Can't thank you enough for taking the time and doing that for me.
No worries, happy I could help you. :)

Top Bottom