SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

well been loong time ago since i played Civ3 start playing it from a few days ago and i am so far
enjoyed with TCW really like it still playing it till now , i tryed to test this one AOI but got annoying problem when i start playing with any nation at the loading "configuring AoI ...." the Cultural advisor keeps telling me the other city what did they build , building and city's also
so far i keeps only clicking on yes yes yes ...etc for more then 15min + and still not stop

hope there is something can help me :)

well been loong time ago since i played Civ3 start playing it from a few days ago and i am so far
enjoyed with TCW really like it still playing it till now , i tryed to test this one AOI but got annoying problem when i start playing with any nation at the loading "configuring AoI ...." the Cultural advisor keeps telling me the other city what did they build , building and city's also
so far i keeps only clicking on yes yes yes ...etc for more then 15min + and still not stop

hope there is something can help me :)

Welcome back to Civ3! :)

This is from the first post in this thread:

Startup:

it is strongly advised that before you load AoI v3.0 that you go into the 'Preferences' tab on the civ3c title screen and 'Disable Wonder Initiation Pop-ups' (or something to that effect). you see, the first turn is littered w/ these annoying pop-ups if this feature isn't enabled. once you get to your first turn, simply go back into the 'Preferences' tab while in-game and then re-enable the 'wonder pop-ups' so that you can be apprised of any wonder activities from that point forward.

additional recommended settings (for ultra fast turn times!):
shut off 'show enemy moves'
shut off 'show friendly moves'
*be advised that game play is not compromised in the least bit w/ these settings. all visible in-game movement on the map will be determined solely by the line of sight of your units.

Hope this helps! :)

yeah, Vuldacon adjusted some stuff for me on the resource sheet. i didn't ask for to make an icon b/c i already asked Hikaro :)

I knew he'd made it a long time ago (found it after making mine) so figured he must of already done it as Hikaro has found. :)

Looks good Hikaro except Canada. The flag should be the Red Ensign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Red_Ensign

The Maple Leaf flag wasn't adopted until 1965.

Well, I asked El Justo if there was anything specific he wanted, and he said just use any flag, even modern ones, so that's what I used... More people would recognize the Maple Leaf flag anyways....

i am never one to nitpick :) but he's right about the maple leaf :p although i'd take it either way. i mean, if you want to re-do it Hikaro, i'd be down for that...but if not, i'd use the leaf one. your call :D

Well, I was thinking about maybe uploading these as a resource pack (minus Vuldacon's Globe), and IMO, the Maple Leaf flag would be more useful to most people (as is the Republic of SA flag versus the Cape Colony Flag), so I don't feel like changing it.... Besides, it would be easy to confuse with the British Raj flag for India....

Oh, and please tell me you've tweaked the Naval Infantry/made other Amphibious attackers availible... I'm getting awfully tired of running into civs that can't be killed because they've got their 2-tile Island's only LZ hogged up, usually by a third party that used to be at war with them... I find that to be SUPREMELY annoying (particularly when such a situation might keep me from completely eradicating the British in my game....)

CivAgamemnon Thanks alot its helped me :D

El Justo got small question you make awesome mod's really thanks and appreciate that ,
any plan to make WW I ( 1914-1918 ) ~ WW II ( 1939-1945) ? :)

going to test The Vietnam War Deluxe :D

CivAgamemnon Thanks alot its helped me :D

El Justo got small question you make awesome mod's really thanks and appreciate that ,
any plan to make WW I ( 1914-1918 ) ~ WW II ( 1939-1945) ? :)

going to test The Vietnam War Deluxe :D
thanks :) i had a ww1 project in the pipeline some time ago but put it on the shelf...

can someone here maybe discuss the ini workaround for the barbarians? i know againsttheflow mentioned something along these lines some time ago. i'd like to play w/ the idea some.

also, Hikaro, the British South Africa icons are missing :p

AAAGH! I'll post a zip with the South Africa icons soon....

As for the .ini fix, open the Conquests.ini and add a line at the end that says, "NoAIPatrol = 0" to get more aggressive barbarians.

EDIT: Here's the South Africa Icons.

got 'em. thanks. and it's the complete removal of the barbs, not more of their shenanigans :) more specifically, i recall a method, like the one you noted, where the conquests ini gets edited and it supposedly cures the problem; there's another fix too but i can't recall atm...

Set Barbarians = None under scenario settings and /or set "none" for the Basic and Advanced barbarian units, which will prevent any from being generated.

Also a few thoughts about Scandinavia: Why do they get Home Guards rather than militia (like most minor civs do), and why don't they have Greenland? Denmark had claims on Greenland, and there was at least the towns of Gothab and New Herrnhut on the island.... Maybe a 6,6,2 "Inuit Trapper" type "colonial infantry" type unit for Scandinavia and/or the town of Gothab with a pre-placed Colonial Government building, but Scandinavia still not being allowed to build them...)

setting the barbarians as "none" doesn't work. there's an ini setting that i want to know more about but don't recall.

Scandinavia gets homeguards b/c they're a mid-level, 1st world type civ. and negative on Greenland. that's a stretch imo. it'd be like giving Canada some Inuit cities :) Scandinavia will get the Danish Antilles though...

Cool, then Perhaps they should get Colonial Sentries as well as Home Guards (not that Colonial Sentries are worth a damn either, but still, they might be handy to have in an emergency)...

Yes, and good call on the Danish Antilles... The US didn't purchase them (IIRC they are what became the US Virgin Islands) until around 1905 or so..... Does that mean that Scandinavia will be getting some kind of overseas Infantry or not? I mean, worse comes to worst, a human player can just ship Infantry from Scandinavia/Europe and just crank out Light Cav in Colonial Areas....

BTW, I managed to Completely alter history in my Boer game:

:D

BTW, I apologise if I seem to be nagging about details you've already fixed/changed, but I completely flunked "Mind Reading 101".....

Attachments

• DunedinCapturedBritainGone.jpg
    DunedinCapturedBritainGone.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,001
Well, all it took was determination, careful planning, 350+ artillery units, 1 Army, and over 3000 units lost on both sides.... ;)

The final struggle against Britain was worthy of the accomplishment... At least 3 battles, namely the battle for London, Gibraltar and Hobart, had casualties on the order of Verdun.... :eek:

My next challenge, once I wrap this game up for good, is to try and "Go Viking" i.e. lead the Scandinavians to Glory.... The Scandinavians have some advantages over the Boers, but also some disadvantages.

Advantages:

They get better Infantry, start with Industrialization, and thus can build all Industrialized Buildings, Units, Wonders and Small Wonders from the get-go, they start with TWO victory points, they get better Machineguns (including a LIGHT Machinegun that can keep up with the Infantry units), the get all the artillery the Boers do, plus some, They also start with Coastal cities and Civil Engineers. Finally, the Scandinavians actually get AIRPLANES and some better ships.

Disadvantages: Scandinavia's Light Cavalry unit has the same stats as the Boer Light Cavalry, but almost twice the cost. The Boers can build every unit in their lineup, except the Renault Armored Cars ANYWHERE, wheras the only units the Scandinavians can build anywhere are the Light Cavalry, Airplanes and Artillery... Their MG units are limited to Industrialized sectors, and their Infantry to Industrialized Europe.

One thing that's about even: Both start surrounded by powerful opponents (Boers by all European Colonial Powerhouses in Africa and The Scandinavians by Britain, Russia and Germany).

My plan is to at LEAST repeat the accomplishments of Gustav II Adolph (Control of Finland/Karelia and Northern Germany), with ultimate goal to regain the Viking Glory (control of "Vinland", Scotland, Ireland, Northern France, NW Russia, etc)... But we'll see... I've got to play this game to the end first... I'm betting I can pull off a Diplo victory if all else fails (most nations, including the US are polite towards me and those whom I have been at war with who are terminally furious with me, such as Germany, are going to get wiped out)

Hikaro, are you planning to run that game in a story thread? If so, I'd be very interested, since I thought about playing them or the Lowlands in my next beta-test game, just to see if I can be an underdog and win on the same scale you have. :)

Great job, man. I'm totally floored.

Oh, yeah, I plan on writing a story about that one... Probably going to call it "Going Viking," "Furor Norsca" or something like that....

....Although I'm thinking about tweaking a few things that will affect not just the Scandinavians, but global gameplay as well... I.e. turning Abyssinia in to the Mahdist Revolt (like Tanicius Fox did with his latest Germany game), remove the Government restrictions on at least the Australian buildings (Aussie Shipyards and Manufacturing plants) and maybe the Candadian ones as well (although if you capture one or two American cities, you can build all the Industrial buildings, so probably not), possibly also make it so that ANYONE controlling Australia and Canada can make Australian and Canadian units, and possibly changing the Colonial Army Barracks into a generic Barracks that can be built by anyone anywhere.... Also possibly add in a generic "Overseas Infantry" for the mid-level Civs (Mexico, Central AM, Scandinavia and the Balcans) that requires Colonialism to build (since they can't build their base Infantry lines without Industrialization, or in Scandinavia's Case, without access to their Denmark and Sweden/Norway resources as well).

One other thing I wanted to try was to make "capitol" cities', namely ones with VP locations, pre-placed wonders generate a trickle of units belonging to that civ (i.e. Berlin's pre-placed wonder generates German Cavalry and Hamburg German Infantry, Oslo generates Norwegian Inf and Stockholm generates Swedish Infantry, London generates British Cav and Dublin maintains its Civil Engineer production, etc)....

That way, when ANYONE conquers a (fairly) major power, they can "vassalize" them and gain a small amount of troops (much like Austria maintained contingent of Cossacks recruited from Lemberg, which is the modern Ukrainian city of Lviv, after they took it from Russia, or the Prussian Uhlans, which were Polish Cavalry in the German Army and so on)... Ditto goes with the Commonwealths of Australia and Canada and why I'm thinking about making it so that anyone can build Canadian and Australian units....

...But that's for the next time.

I need to finish the Boer story first, and since I've become an evil lackey employee of the US Government, I have less free time than when I was an unemployed bum. ;)

Top Bottom