SCENARIO: WWII in the Pacific REDUX

Sid Level as the Japanese and I’ve got the Flintlock patch installed, so expecting some more aerial battles. I will not build any new Artillery and will limit myself to 3 Arty units max per attack. Razing is allowed for the AI’s sake, but I will raze no town.

Current Military
53 Civil Militia (Immobile)
47 Nipponese Infantry
5 MG Battalions
2 Combat Engineers
7 Light Tanks
14 Marines
5 Paratroopers
13 Artillery
2 Army

9 Transport
8 Submarines
20 Destroyers
4 Battleships
12 Heavy Cruisers
2 Yamato Battleships
7 Aircraft Carriers

21 Bombers
24 Zeros
8 Flak

I have no oil or rubber resource, so can’t build any good new units now. 1st objective is going to Borneo Island for this. Need to get there asap. In the meantime building a bunch of Factories in the home islands and Slaves, I mean Workers in the occupied territories.

2nd main objective is to get the whole east coast of China connected with rails. Will need to take Taiyuan, Fuzhou, Hong Kong and Nanning for to achieve this first.

Hopefully, I’ll eliminate the Dutch, Chinese Communist, Chinese Nationalists and reach Hawaii, India, Siberia and Australia after it’s all done. Now let us begin! :goodjob:

Week 49 - Lost 8 aircraft over Hawaii! :mad: Sent in the navy to bombard their ships, but I didn’t destroy a single one.

Hong Kong is captured!

Aparri is captured by Marines, move in some units to attack Manilla next!

Kidat is captured by Marines in northern Borneo and now we have Oil! Unloading more units to take the rubber resource in the southern part of the island.

Tarawa captured by Marines, sending this group to Guadalcanal next!

Davao captured by Marines in the southern Philippines! Lots of injured units though, so going to rest these units for a bit before finishing off the rest of the Philippines.

Guam is captured by Marines, next mission for them is Wake Island.

-lots of naval battles around the Philippines and Hawaii in the response, lost a few naval units. A Yank sub sunk one of our Aircraft Carriers with who knows how many of our aircraft inside it gone as well. Pearl Harbor a complete disaster!!! :cry:
Big stack of Commonwealth units with Arty coming in from Rangoon. That’s the Flintlock patch! First turn is done, but man it was long. Should be shorter with all the fortifying I did with the Civil Militia.

^Oh wow nice. Flintlock is the name of the guy who made the patch but he calls it C3X. I'm going to have to check this out.
Thanks!

It’s pretty cool seeing the enemy Artillery blast your town from 2 squares out! Note that you can end up with a ton of Arty now that there’s a bunch you can capture. So maybe you’d need to destroy a few instead, to give the AI a fighting chance. I haven’t been able to move the Paratrooper after making a landing, but that could be on the next release version and not this one.

Week 51 1941- Nanning captured! Manila and Cebu are both captured! Only Puerto Princessa is left to complete the invasion of the Philippines! I found 4 Yank BB, 1 CV and 1 DD near Hawaii and put them down! Revenge for all of our lost aircraft. Sending my carriers to support the attack on Wake now.
Balikpapan is captured, but neither town in Borneo has a Harbor, so I’ll have to move Sibu next and hope my Air units don’t destroy the harbor in the process.
Invasion force lands in Rabaul time to let the Aussies get some.

-Lots of aerial bombardment including the Pacific Island, so I know there a Yank Carrier out there. Lost another Aircraft Carrier and all aircraft to a Yank sub out in the Pacific!

Week 1 1942 - Attack on Taiyuan failed spectacularly, sending back all injured units to Peking. This is what happens when you only rely on 1 piece of artillery.
Puerto Princessa captured and the Yanks have been kicked out of Asia!
Rabaul captured!
Wake Island captured! I’ve got 3 Marine units backed by 4 aircraft and many ships, I think I can keep pushing on to Hawaii right now!

-Lots of aerial attacks, the Brits are shelling Bangkok and destroyed the rail to Rangoon, as they are right outside the city now. Going to send a big force down there to confront them. Lost another Aircraft Carrier, but thankfully I had already relocated by air units.

Week 3 1942 - Sibu captured with its Harbor intact! I can now bring in Rubber and Oil from Borneo to start replenishing my military! Rush build all of the Factories in the home islands to start ramping up!
Counteroffensive in Bangkok went really bad, just realized their Infantry has a defense of 7!
Fuzhou captured! Only Taiyuan is left to be able to unite Manchuria to eventually Singapore.
Guadalcanal captured! Will send some of these guys along with some units in Rabaul to take on Port Moresby next. One step closer to Australia!

Attachments

• E1AA1ECF-BEC5-4538-902E-60DB2BD7B2BB.jpeg
    E1AA1ECF-BEC5-4538-902E-60DB2BD7B2BB.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 35
Week 5 1942 - Hawaii is fortified with a bunch of air units, but my Marines are healed and it’s go time. 3 CA, 4 DD, 3 CV with 4 air units backing up 3 Marine units set sail for Honolulu.

-Yank transport unit spotted headed towards the home islands. Large Brit force heading toward Phuket.

Week 7 1942 - Ketapang captured, 1 more town and Borneo will be completely Japanese.
Donggala captured in Sulawesi island. I’ve got a lot of island hopping to do in Indonesia.
Port Moresby captured, did lose my 1st Marine unit in this battle. I should be able to start bombarding Cairnes from here.
Honolulu captured! Barely, but all Marine units intact, which I’ll send to Hilo next to complete the invasion of Hawaii.
Battle of Taiyuan is still a stalemate, but they haven’t pushed us off the fortress on the east side. Large rail gap between Canton and Ninghsein which Workers are quickly closing.

-1 Yank infantry unit lands in the home islands outside of Nagoya.

Week 9 1942 - I’d like to say I sent that Yank Infantry packing, but I have no offensive units in the area, just a bunch of immobile Civil Militia and a couple of MG Batts! If they’d landed with a bigger force I’d be in big trouble.
Attack on Palembang in Sumatra fails to capture, didn’t bring enough units to this fight.
Ugh, lost 3 more aircraft over Hawaii, down to just 1 Zero as air cover now.
Lost some Light Tanks to the Brits in Bangkok and Phucket, their Infantry is tough to attack!
Build up a big force in Taiyuan, it’s do or die time.

-Civil Militia in Nagoya killed, just a Flak unit left there to defend. Starting to see more Chinese Nationalist attacks.

Attachments

• E2DF00D2-B015-469F-8FCC-CCC77BD77FE6.jpeg
    E2DF00D2-B015-469F-8FCC-CCC77BD77FE6.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Oh snap! The Flintlock patch does not work on my physical copy of Civ III Complete. Now I have to buy either the GOG or Steam version. LOL!!

Oh snap! The Flintlock patch does not work on my physical copy of Civ III Complete. Now I have to buy either the GOG or Steam version. LOL!!
At GOG Civ 3 Complete at present is on sale for € 1,29 (or that amount in dollar).

I’m amazed people still have the old Civ3 disc lying around!!
Yeah it's pretty cool. I remember waiting in agony until CivIII was released. I even bought the deluxe edition which included a giant tin box and some extra documentation and posters. I still have my original CivIII and C3C discs as well as Civ III complete which I bought years later. Now I just added the GOG version of CivIII Complete to my collection thanks to Civinator! :thumbsup:

Moff, do the offline installation of the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete, as you will gain an additional electronic installation file for Civ 3 Complete (working like an installation CD) and the Civ 3 Complete installation on your pc is not endangered by automatic third party input, as it happened with the Civ 3 Complete installation of the steam version in the past.

The following screenshot, so in German language, shows how to install the GOG version:

^Oh I see thank you Civinator. I speak a little German and google translate helped me also to see what the instructions are saying. I understand. :)

Current Military
52 Civil Militia (Immobile)
35 Nipponese Infantry
8 MG Battalions
2 Combat Engineers
2 Light Tanks
13 Marines
5 Paratroopers
13 Artillery
2 Army

8 Transport
3 Submarines
12 Destroyers
3 Battleships
11 Heavy Cruisers
2 Yamato Battleships
4 Aircraft Carriers

11 Bombers
16 Zeros
8 Flak

Just looking at these numbers, my Navy has taken a beaten and I kind of already knew my Air Force had many losses, especially around Hawaii. I’ve lost a bit of Infantry and Tanks too, who knew invasions would be so costly!!
Production is not very good even after building a bunch of Factories on the Home Islands. I’ve got a bunch of Workers in Manchuria building mines everywhere, hoping I can get some production out of those cities eventually.

Week 11 1942 - Battle of Taiyuan began with 10 Air Units and 3 Arty units blasting away. City was reduced to size 1 and we eliminated 8 enemy units to capture it! Now I rush 3 Nipponese Infantry units back to Nagoya for o take on that Yank Infantry in the home islands.
Marines capture Palembang!
Marines capture Okaba!
Marines capture Hilo! Hawaii is now the newest Japanese territory.
-Yank Infantry in Nagoya still causing havoc as they killed a Nipponese Infantry.

Week 13 1942 - With Taiyuan captured I am going to set my eyes on Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. The Brits destroyed a road in the jungle, so I’ll need to build a road to get any Arty and Tanks over there.
Banjarmasin captured to complete the conquest of Borneo!
Attack on Menato failed, don’t want to risk destroying the airport there. I made a rule for myself to not rush-build any airports. I can only airlift units if Airports were already built in the captured territory.
I was finally able to take out that damn Yank Inf in Nagoya! 3 Nipponese Infantry units were killed in total due to that 1 enemy!!
Bombing of Cairns has begun!
-Ugh this was a rough turn. Big numbers are appearing from the Chinese Communists and Nationalist all over China, not sure I’ll be able to send any units to Kuala Lumpur just yet. Then the damn Aussies had snuck in an Infantry unit outside of Balikpapan, they attacked my lone Paratrooper defending the town and defeated them, so Balikpapan has fallen to Aussie control, grrrrrr!!! :mad:
Lots of Yank aerial bombardments in all of the Pacific islands, they must have a bunch of carriers out there!

Week 15 1942 - Menato and it’s all important Airport are captured! :goodjob:
Marines retake Balikpapan!
Batavia captured! Now I have a foothold in Java.
-Aussie transport ship spotted near Port Moresby, I wonder how many units they are carrying?

Week 17 1942 - Boela captured by Marines, the only town in Maluku island.
Taking my 3 Marine units from Hawaii to Midway now.
Actually had a Submarine in Port Moresby, so I took out that Aussie transport and whatever was in there.
Soerabaja is captured to complete the conquest of Java! I have 3 Transports with 10 Marine units causing all the havoc in Indonesia and they are converging now a bit. These guys will be in Australia very soon!!!
Tenate captured by Marines!
Midway captured by Marines! I’ve got a whole bunch of ships still intact, I think I can reach Victoria, Canada (on an island) with this Marine force.

Week 21 1941 - Sansapor captured by Marines!
Waingapoe captured by Marines! 3 more Indonesian towns left and the Dutch will be history in the Pacific.
-Serious attacks on Taiyuan and Bangkok, many aerial bombardments. Commonwealth have 4 ships around Bangkok blasting away. I just realized why the Commonwealth have been so focused on Bangkok, there is the Forbidden Palace built in there!

Week 23 1941 - Sarai captured and all of New Guinea is now secured!
-3 CW infantry land outside of Bandjarmasin! Ugh, I don’t have any Transports to get any reinforcements out there quick and the nearest towns by road are too far away.

Week 25 1941 - Dutch capital Koepang is captured! Battle for Kuala Lumpur begins as we reach the artillery range.
-3 Aussie MG Battalions land outside of Waingapoe! :( Bandjarmasin was lost to the Commonwealth! Grrrr!!! :mad: Large Tank attack by the Communists nearly take Taiyuan, only 1 Flak unit is left there, whew!!! :blush:

Week 27 1941 - Reinforcing Waingapoe with Marines that were on their way to Singapore. Reinforcing Taiyuan with 3 freshly created new units from the Home Islands. It looks like it will take 7 turns to get to Victoria, Canada from Midway and I don’t think I have the luxury of wasting these powerful guys, so I’m going to send them to the Indonesia archipelago instead to reinforce these landings and setup the invasion of Australia.
Massive bombing of Kuala Lumpur, city had 6 MG Batts fortified in there, but I was able to capture it, Singapore is next!!
Sent an empty Transport ship to Banjarmasin without the Marines, what a waste of 2 whole turns!!!

Week 29 1941 - Regrouping!
-Soviets declare war, it’s on now! :D

Attachments

• Bandjarmasin.jpg
    Bandjarmasin.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 35
Current Military
52 Civil Militia (Immobile)
28 Nipponese Infantry
14 MG Battalions
3 Combat Engineers
1 Light Tanks
13 Marines
4 Paratroopers
13 Artillery
2 Army

7 Transport
1 Submarines
10 Destroyers
2 Battleships
11 Heavy Cruisers
1 Yamato Battleships
4 Aircraft Carriers

10 Bombers
10 Fighter Bombers
1 Heavy Bombers
8 Flak

I've yet to build a new ship throughout all this time, but it looks like it will get critical to get some Navy production going soon. Production in the home islands is better now, but I'm just not keeping up with all of the losses. Good thing Japan starts off with such a big military!

Week 31 1942 - Bandjarmasin is recaptured by Marines!
Been keeping a large aerial presence in Canton to continually pound the Chinese troops that keep crossing over the border, but I’m relocating them to Manchuria to defend against the Soviets now. The remaining air units are located around Singapore to support this coming attack. Decided to send the Marines from Midway to Vladivostok to surprise the Russians, they’ll get there in about 5 turns.
-Oh man 16 Soviet T-34’s just crossed around the North Korean border. I’m also continually dealing with constant Chinese Communist T-34 attacks in Taiyuan. I keep having to reinforce this city.
The Yank aerial bombardment is reducing my Pacific islands to rubble, noticed they didn’t hit Hilo though, but instead landed a force of 5 units of Tanks, Infantry on the big island. :blush: I’ve only got a lonely MG Battalion defending. Argghghh, now I’m going to forced to reroute my Marines from Russia to Hawaii now.

Week 33 1941 - I’m not able to regenerate my military fast enough and am now considering Mobilization for the first time, let’s see how it goes first.
-A single Brit MG Battalion lands in Guadalcanal. I got Marines nearby in Port Moresby, so not a big concern.
Hilo on the other hand was lost as our lonely MG Batt lost its first and only battle. :mad: The Yanks quickly moved 3 Tanks from Hilo to land outside of Honolulu. RUH ROH :cringe: My Marines are still 2 turns away in Midway, hopefully this single MG Batt in Honolulu can at least make the Yanks suffer a bit. Huge number of Chinese Nationalist all around Canton and Nanning. Without the air units pounding them, it's getting a little concerning, but I think I have enough defenders. Russians are now within my artillery range near Seishin, but I’m only using 3 Artillery units in the group as a rule and bombing them with the air units.

Week 35 1942 - Concentrating on building MG Batts on the Home Islands to send them to all of the hot spots now! Lost an Elite Marine unit taking out that MG Batt in Guadalcanal. :(
Attack on Singapore failed, lost another Elite Marine unit there too! :( Will try again to take Singapore, but we have a lot of injured units now. Was hoping to send these guys to Manchuria/North Korea to fight the Soviets after the city was captured.
-Well it’s all gone tits up, as they say. Once again another single MG Batt in Hawaii proved to be completely inept as they lost their first and only battle with Honolulu falling to the Yanks. :mad: Commonwealth Tanks snuck in through China and captured Nanning, it was subsequently razed to the ground, those bastards!!! :(
Chinese Nationalist launched a big attack on Canton backed by Commonwealth aerial bombardments. About 5 or 6 of our units couldn’t hold on and Canton was lost and razed too. That was a size 10 city, how dare they!!! :mad: I guess I didn't have enough defenders there after all. :blush: Also, shouldn't have relocated the air units so quick.
After I reinforced Seishin, the Russians took a turn towards Manchuria. Now I'll have to move my units again, they have a lot of units coming at me. I'm ready to hit the Mobilization button now! :cry:

Attachments

• China.jpg
    China.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 32
Week 37 1942 - Changed my mind again, I’ve begun rush building Medium Tanks instead of MG Batta. That’s what I need, to go on the offensive. I’ve got 3 units coming in the next turn and 3 more after that. We’ve got to push the Soviets back! A very bad shortage of units in Manchuria. Destroyed another Brit MG Batt in Guadalcanal.
Bombed Singapore with impunity and killed a bunch of units, but the city did not fall!! Also lost another Marine unit here.
After a big naval bombardment Honolulu and it’s Universal Suffrage has been recaptured!! :goodjob:

-Soviet attack repulsed in Harbin. Yanks land a big force of 4 Tanks and 1 MG Batt in Midway. Yeah that’s definitely going to fall on the next turn. A single Tank landed outside of Honolulu, we’ll make quick work of it.
Barely hung on to Hanoi after Brit Tank attack.
The Nipponese Infantry in Hong Kong unfortunately did not hang on and the Chinese Nationalist took it over. :mad: At least it wasn’t razed this time.

Week 39 1942 - Complete failure in taking Singapore once again, lost two crucial Combat Engineers. I’ve pushed the Soviets back with all of my aerial units. This allowed me to take 2 fresh Tank units to Hong Kong and recapture it!!! :goodjob:

-Big attack on Taiyuan by the Communists is repelled!
Almost lost Hanoi again!
Nationalists send 8 units outside of Hong Kong.
Uggh, they sent Light Tank units to attack Nanjing and took it! :mad: I’m getting overrun everywhere now!! :cry:Soviets advance on Seishin. Reinforcing with everything I got left in Manchuria.
Midway predictably lost to the Yanks, grrrrr. :mad: Another lonely Yank unit sent to Honolulu.

Week 41 1942 - I totally forgot about mobilizing, but now Mobilization is officially enacted! Sent my new Tanks to recapture Nanjing and we were successful! :goodjob: Now I’m able to send 6 units of various type to clear out a bunch of those Nationlist units outside of Hong Kong. Attack on Singapore was suspended as even more Brit MG Batts now fortified in the city. :( It was a big mistake to delay the attack on Malaya, should’ve gotten there in the very first turns!! :blush: Moving all those air units to the Chinese mainland.

-Seishin fiercely attacked by a huge number T-34’s and the city was captured by Soviets! :mad: It’s looking like a Soviet break out now, as I just can’t defend all of the hot spots. I’m almost certain Kuala Lumpur will a new battle site.
I was moving a group of units from Korea to Manchuria and watching the Soviets keep switching their attack too depending on where I wasn’t. A bit surprised they did end up just going for Seishin and I lost around 6 units here. :smug:

Week 43 1942 - Seishin along with my 3 lost Arty units were recaptured by my 5 Tank units! :goodjob:Just in time before they starting placing MG Batts in there. Scattered Marine units throughout Indonesia, I’m going to use them to finish the Dutch located in Medan and also launch an attack on Cairnes. I will have a footprint in Australia!! :smug: The other 3 will stay in Honolulu, I really need that Universal Suffrage.
There are more Soviet units in attacking range of Seishin and Hsinking than we have defenders so let’s see if we can hold on. Taiyuan is now very lightly defended as well against the Communists and they have T-34’s too!

-Major cluster in China as the Nationalists march all the way to the Pacific with their fast Light Tank units! We lost Nanjing, Shanghai and Ninghsein!!! :mad::mad:The latter was razed to the ground, :( Hangzhou is now completely surrounded and in danger of falling too. The land bridge to Indochina is completely broken.

In Seishin, the defenders succeeded in stopping the Soviet attack, but the Hsinking defense was not so lucky and the city was lost to the Soviets cutting off the northern part of Manchuria. :o

Now a massing of Brit Tanks are approaching Bangkok. Taiyuan is still in perilous position.

Week 45 1942 - New units are now coming on from Manchurian towns as the Mobilization starts reaping rewards! I think I need to beat the Soviets back first and retake Manchuria as a priority, as those cities are closer to Tokyo and can be productive. Plus they will be tougher than the Chinese. With that our Tank attack at Hsinking was successful and we have recaptured the city! :goodjob:
With limited offensive units I was also able to take back Nanjing and Shanghai!!! :goodjob:

-Massive Soviet aerial bombardment reduced my units in Seishin to nothing and Russkie Tanks easily moved in to take Seishin again. :mad:
A lone injured Yank Tank landed near Kyoto, no trouble here. Brit stack of Tanks are now within range to attack Bangkok, going to have to beat them back with bombardment as I’ve not got any units down here.
Several Soviet T-34’s make a landing outside of Toyohara in Sakhalin Island. Was never really a productive city for me, but nevertheless it will be sad to see it go!

Week 47 1942 - I retake Seishin and reinforce it with 5 MG Batts, :goodjob: but damn there are 11 Russkie units in the hills waiting for their shot and I’m not sure we’re going to hold the line!
I can’t defend Bangkok with anything against those Brit Tanks, so I might lose this one too. Should’ve paid more attention to this area!

-As expected Bangkok falls to the Commonwealth! :mad: Then Hanoi falls to the Nationalists too! :mad: The whole of Indochina is now at risk of collapsing!
A big Yank landing of 2 MG Batts and 4 Tanks disembarks outside of Sapporo in Hokkaido Island! :sad: This is an important city, but there is an airport here so I can reinforce it quickly, if I have any units left…
Finally good news in Seishin, after a ferocious Tank attack 2 of my 5 MG Batts were able to barely hang on, but defeat the Russkies!!! :D

Week 49 1942 - I divert my Marines units from Medan to retake Bangkok. Unfortunately, it would take too long to travel by sea, so I had to disembark and send them on rail to the southeast jungles of Bangkok. Hopefully they don’t come under a big attack, before they launch their offensive. The whole force consists of 3 Marines, 1 MG Batt, 1 Combat Eng and 3 Arty units. This is pretty much all I’ve got to keep my hold on Indochina!

I drafted 2 Nipponese Infantry from the Sapporo population and airlifted another, hopefully this is enough!
I’ve decided to cancel the invasion of Cairnes, Australia :blush: and just start sending my remaining Marines in Indonesia to take back Indochina!

Top Bottom