SGOTM 02 - The Real Ms. Beyond

Oh, I don't think any of us plan to finish this game as well as we have started SGOTM3. If I had time to grab the save, I'd probably just go through, and make decisions without really thinking them through. We don't have the time for great analysis like SGOTM3.

Okay, I played for a while longer. Our score certainly shot up on the graph when I started keeping big cities instead of razing them.

So, I've eliminated Huayna and reduced Mao to one city. I decided to attack Mao rather than await him attacking us. Of course, this triggered his DP with Huayna (which I forgot about), so HC had to die too.

There was a bit of a scare when Sec General Hatty tried to get herself a diplo victory. I debated abstaining (does that mean the pool of votes is lower?) or voting for us (but we don't want to win a diplo victory!). I ended up voting for us and even though Hatty (with Mansa's votes) got more votes, it wasn't enough for victory. We should have the population to become Sec General next election.

Mansa and Hatty are each about 2 big parts away from their spaceships. It will be something of a challenge to keep them from launching.

I'll try to play again some more tomorrow, since I'm assuming no one else will pick it up before then.

I had time to quickly take a look at the situation. I noticed Bismarck is now out of the game. We should declare on Hatty next, as we have already weakened Mansa significantly. Then, we can finish off Mansa, who gained much land by attacking Germany. Destroy Mao after that, then finally Kublai :(

Kublai will declare war on Mao, and could probably destroy him, but we don't have anything worth bribing him with. We DO have 1337 gold :lol:

I forgot to mention that Mansa declared on Biz and took his last city. I think it took him about 3 turns. Hatty did most of the dirty work.

My plan is to gain control of the UN votes and get us back into Nationalism so we can draft mech inf again. Slavery just got abolished when Emancipation was voted in. Grrr. Of course, it's certainly possible that we don't yet have enough population to control things yet. Most of the big continent cities are just making bombers for the cause.

Yes, Hatty is next on the agenda. She still has all her original core cities and is only 2 or 3 parts away from completing her spaceship. It will be a chore, though. I might have to try the Sirian doctrine a bit more.

If I can wrap up the game, should I go ahead and do so?

Definately. At the moment, I think the revised roster looks like this:

Compromise (just played)
Compromise (UP)
Compromise (on deck)

:lol:

As a note... Hatty and Mansa have a defensive pact, which could get REALLY ugly.

Also, all but two of Hatty's cities can be targetted using the Sirian Doctrine.

I played a little further, till 1932.

And yes, I noticed the accursed DP they have. Oh well, more pain for them both!

BTW: With Kublai's vote, we're now the secretary general....

Just wanted to let you know that I am still following along, though it's unlikely (though theoretically possible) that I'll ever grab a turn.

Keep up the good work!

Well, I played it to the bitter end:

We had Mansa and Hatty on the run and were closing in on them. But Mansa built his last spaceship part in (presumably) a captured German city. We'd been able to win the diplomatic victory for quite some time, but we were going for conquest here.

Kublai started filling in cities where I'd left gaps.

If anyone wants more details just let me know.

I tried to upload the save before the lostt (in case you want it for your personal Hall of Fame--err, Shame), but the 600+ KB file exceeds the 500KB size limit for savegame files. If you want it, PM me and I'll email it to you.

It was a fun ride, everyone. If you're not playing on an opposing team, check out the next Ms. Beyond team in SGOTM3!

Congrats on getting to the end before the deadline. :) Presumably there's some process for AlanH etc to get the save.

I want to thank you, Compromise, for helping us reach out goal of... completing :lol:

It would have been impossible if you weren't here to help us out. Though only you and I have decided to move onto SGOTM3, I'm sure we can bring our experience to the new recruits of the Real Ms. Beyond.

I'm sure AlanH will give us the consolation prize of "team to barely finish".

In the words of Liquidated:

Cheers! :)

Congratulations on ... finishing, Guys :D I'll get the results up shortly.

Kodii and Compromise won us a medal!!!! yay us!

I tried to upload the save before the lostt (in case you want it for your personal Hall of Fame--err, Shame), but the 600+ KB file exceeds the 500KB size limit for savegame files. If you want it, PM me and I'll email it to you.

You can upload it to the SGOTM page, which has a 2 MB limit. It'll appear in the list of saves at the bottom of the page.

I have uploaded the 1952 and 1953 autosaves to GOTM server. Maybe someone is interested in having their Wooden Spoon replay on their home computer?

I had a good time with this game. We'll see if we can earn something non-wooden in SGOTM3.

Hah! I thought it was sort of fun, but as you can tell, no one else did. :( Gotta find little ways to make these things entertaining.

Top Bottom