SGOTM 14 - Plastic Ducks

Looks good, unless we get a lucky Confu spread I don't think we can do better than this. We can always decide to delay the 2nd wb 1t (-2F) if the extra worker turn in Washington is crucial.

Bebekija's micro is good enough except a minor change on T69 -- worker can do 1 turn of roading on the desert tile.

Regarding the archer, I'm for moving to the hill.

I think next set can cover until T75, so let's move on.

Bebekija's micro is good enough except a minor change on T69 -- worker can do 1 turn of roading on the desert tile.

Regarding the archer, I'm for moving to the hill.

I think next set can cover until T75, so let's move on.

Yep I had thought about this little tweak on T69, but I wasn't sure we would be finishing this road in the future, that's why I didn't put it.

Before moving on, do we all agree on moving the silk site to Silk+Fish instead of the original location? Since it doesn't interfere with the micro in the other GP farms, I'm in favor of it, but let's make sure that we're all on the same page before Deity changes his PPP.

If we all agree on that, then yes we should be moving on as soon as possible.
I see no reason not to play up until T74 (just before the cities are settled, see a few posts above), unless something unexpected comes up.

Updated PPP

T68

- end turn

T69

- move the worker from the improved plain hill (which is 7 from Washington) to the desert 89 from NY, build a road there and cancel his mission
- the worker 1 from NY builds a road there
- both workers on the gold hill build a mine there
- prechop a forest with the worker 2 from NY
- prechop a forest with the worker 9 from Boston

- move Boston warrior 3 from himself
- move archer 4 from himself
- missionary 4 then 8 (to sheep)
- Toto 3 then ??? (depends on what he reveals; I wil not repeat his moves for later turns; he will try to cleare a trade route and when he does, I will post a screenshot and then he will try to get WIII promotion or follow an AI unit to get back to America)

T70

- set research to 100%
- Boston works (the recently improved gold)+rice+stone+crabs

- move the worker from the desert (which is 89 from NY) on the southern silk

- Boston warrior on sentry
- missionary 2 then 8 (= back)
- move archer to copper

T71

- the worker which is 1 from NY moves 11 from NY
- the worker on the southern silk prechops a forest and cancels his mission
- both workers on the gold hill build a road there
- the worker 9 from Boston chops a forest
- the worker 2 from NY chops a forest

- archer on sentry
- missionary 1 then 6

T72 (Pottery discovered, settler in Washington finished, work boat in Philly finished)

- research Sailing
- start worker in Washington
- start workboat in Philly

- the worker 11 from NY builds a road there
- the worker 9 from Boston moves 988 from Boston
- move 1 worker from gold 8 from Washington's sheep
- move 1 worker from gold 8 from gold and build a road there
- the worker 2 from NY moves 1 from NY and prechops there
- move worker from the southern silk on the northen silk

- move the new workboat from Philly 14 from Philly
- move the new settler from Washington 8 from Washington's sheep
- missionary 1 then 9 (= back)

T73 (settler in NY finished, settler in Boston finished)

- start warrior (or granary?) in NY
- Philly works 2 grassland forests
- revolt to caste system

- the worker 8 from Washington's sheep moves 2 from the future silk city
- the worker 988 from Boston prechops a forest
- the worker on the northen silk prechops a forest

- move workboat 41 from itself
- missionary 1 then 9 (= back) EDIT: no, 4 then 2 is better
- move Washington's settler to the silk+silk+pigs+clam+fish site (= the same tile where one of our warriors fogbusts)
- make sure that the road 788 from Boston is finished, then move the new settler from Boston 8888 from Boston
- make sure that the road 11 from NY is finished, then move the new settler from NY 114 from NY

T74

- pause, save, report, upload

General

- check possible tech, resource and commerce trades every turn
- if an AI offers Alpha for Math in his turn, ask him 'what would make this deal work' and then accept (but stop and report if an AI has Alpha in my turn)
- check barbs every turn
- if in doubt, stop and report

Question
See the red text above.

Updated PPP

Question
See the red text above.

Relevant or not, I say warrior x2. Without any forest to chop (at least not in the near future) the granary will take too long to build to be of any use. OTOH Canal and Wash will be growing fast soon and need their MP.

The rest of the PPP is fine by me.

Plan looks good.

Only 1 question. Can you complete Sailing on T74? If not, then on T75, 2 of the new cities won't get the trade route commerce. It's better to start 100% science slider from T69.

But we do not have enough commerce to do so :sad:.
I have just tried to run 100% science from T68 and we can't reach Sailing before T75.

I will play tonight.

Not only are we low on research but we are getting 1 turn of Anarchy for the CoL switch, which means it's impossible to get Sailing prior to settling of cities. Good luck!

But we do not have enough commerce to do so :sad:.
I have just tried to run 100% science from T68 and we can't reach Sailing before T75.

I will play tonight.

That's strange, we have 72g in bank now/T68, so on T69, we will have 72+16=88g cash in bank. Pottery (T69+70) + Sailing(T71~73) takes 5 turns. How much is the gold deficit when we run 100% science slider? It's fine to run partial slider to complete sailing on T73. We lose 1B but gain 2C and 1 turn of religion spreading to new cities.

If memory serves, we don't have enough commerce without the gold so that now Pottery takes 3 and Sailing 4. (and in the test game, all 3 teams know Pottery and Sailing, it might be worse in the actual game).

EDIT: test game puts us 15b short of T73 Sailing.

^From the PPP, Pottery will be completed in 2 turns. Gold will be ready from T70.

@Deity player

There's no reason to delay the Sailing. So it's safe to start 100% slider from T69, if you can complete Sailing on T73 with partial slider, then do it, otherwise put 0% slider on T73.

Pottery takes 3 turns without gold (and we're only getting it done on T70). Unless something is very very different in the actual game, it won't work.

T69 slider: This would only work if all 3 AIs knew Sailing and if we sacrificed 8H for a scientist in the capital. But Sailing would finish on T74 (IBT T75)... the turn we revolt to Caste... so it actually finishes IBT t75-76.

Basically, T70 has no difference with T69 except more hammers and if trading opportunity shows up we'd lose 1t less of gold.

If Pottery takes 3 turns to complete, then start 100% slider from T68. There will be large beaker overflow to Sailing on T71. So there will still be around 3~4 turns research to Sailing. You don't know AI's teching situation in the real game. Why we don't give it a try? The chance of Alpha before T75 is not high. I would not sacrifice obvious benefit for things with low odd.

Because I've tried it (both t68 and 69 before posting, a few weeks ago and a few minutes ago) with optimal situation in the test game (All 3 know Pottery+Sailing) and it does not work - the actual game is bound to be as bad or worse.

Maybe I am doing this wrong, but it takes 1 min to test if you want to try your hand at it ;)

I can't run test now and in fact I have not opened the game for a long time. If you are very sure it's impossible to complete Sailing in time, then I'm fine.

Interesting that there were quite a few download of the test games, I did not.

Top Bottom