SGOTM 14 - Spooks

We have a data point at 600 AD.

We're now touching klarius' territory line! But our graph should point upwards, not downwards, in the end. I'm fairly confident we'll manage domination in the interturn from 670 AD at the latest.

In 600 AD, we're still filling up Hittite and Aztec lands with troops for RoP rape in a few turns. Sumeria and Russia are OCC. America will soon experience a small removal.

Looks good. I would probably shut off production of new units, start building wealth and rush settlers/temples everywhere and sell the temples when cultural expansion has happened (though not in those cities with enemy cities nearby). We are gonna need a lot of money!

Btw does CA2 include the blackspots on island in its domination count or? As it is now we need to get 240 tiles in 9 turns... That means we only have very few turns to build temples/libaries if the cities are to expand.

I would probably shut off production of new units, start building wealth and rush settlers/temples everywhere

Did that over the next couple of turns and sold the Barracks. I'm also rushing a Settler in Ur every turn for 160 gold. In Hittite land I'm planning to disband twentysomething Galleys towards Settlers while still under resistance.

Più Freddo;7653955 said:
We have a data point at 600 AD.

We're now touching klarius' territory line!

:scared: :please:

Più Freddo;7653955 said:
I'm fairly confident we'll manage domination in the interturn from 670 AD at the latest.
:hammer:

We're in good hands. Have a great time finishing!

D - 12 550 AD _0 Disband Catapult in Beijing. Plan Temple builds for 630 AD and connected Settler rushes. Move troops into resisting cities. Rename cities:

Diu => UltimateSite of America
Shaka's Shelter => Sumer Summa Summarum
Joan's Jail => Aztec Ascet Asset
Brennus Home => Hittite Sit-Tight

Found Diu. Give Sumer Summa Sumarum to Sumeria. I said the SoD was overkill, I meant for Sumer. For the whole island it looked a little bit narrow, but I decided to try it in order to have more turns to suppress resistance, rush Settlers and move troops on to Hittitia. Capture Mayan Misery. Capture Sumer, MGL forms Army. Capture Lagash, will be lost again next turn, but at least the capital will move to the islands. Capture Ur with The Pyramids.

dom limit - our dom tiles - expected last turn expansion = tiles to conquer / in so many turns = tiles to conquer per turn
1904 - 1547 - 50 = 307 / 12 = 26

D - 11 560 AD _1 Found Russian Retreat on Mongolian island. Move troops.

1904 - 1548 - 50 = 306 / 11 = 28

D - 10 570 AD _2 Found New Évora on Persian island. Move troops.

1904 - 1595 - 50 = 259 / 10 = 26

D - _9 580 AD _3 Found New Faro close to U.S. of A. Peace with China, most restistance ends. Found New Rio Janeiro. Capture Kish. Peace Hittites with Right of Passage, causes massive unhappiness. Peace Iroquis, Japan. Give Hittites Hittite Sit-Tight.

1904 - 1614 - 50 = 240 / 9 = 27

D - _8 590 AD _4 Volcano erupts between Neu Coimbra and Thebes doing no damage. Give Russian Retreat to Russia. 16 Knights are now in Hittitia.

1904 - 1632 - 50 = 222 / 8 = 28

D - _7 600 AD _5 Bombay flips to India. War with Russia. Mongols declare war over denied ultimatum. Korea takes Astec Ascet Asset, so we take Korean Corral instead and make peace. Take two Russian cities, Russia retreats to Mongolian island.

1904 - 1664 - 50 = 190 / 7 = 27

D - _6 610 AD _6 Capture Umma and Lagash, Sumeria is OCC, make peace.

1904 - 1711 - 50 = 143 / 6 = 24

D - _5 620 AD _7 Rush as many Temples as possible. Move troops. Stop producing troops. Make last gifts to Aztecs and America.

1904 - 1721 - 50 = 133 / 5 = 27

D - _4 630 AD _8 Peace Inca. Rush last useful Temples. Move troops. Sell improvements. Mistook Barracks for Harbor and sold last Harbor on Egyptian home island, causing unhappiness and not being able to rush Settlers there. Ship in from Sumerian island.

1904 - 1738 - 50 = 116 / 4 = 29

D - _3 640 AD _9 War Hittites. Take their home island. Rush Libraries where we couldn't afford Temples. Move four Knights towards Celtic island as suggested by Yilar.

1904 - 1816 = 38 / 3 = 13

D - _2 650 AD 10 Rush Settlers using 5 Galleys or 3 Galleys and an Ancient Cavalry (10 s). Rush Libraries which have to be combined with a Temple in 670 AD for 3 + 3 + 5 = 11 culture points.

1904 - 1824 = 30 / 2 = 15

We are neck on neck with klarius. They must have experienced a flip on the expected last turn, let's hope we don't.

In 660 AD, we should attack the Aztecs although the troops are a little bit too weak yet. 8 fresh Knights can be ship-chained in and used to kill enemies in the field. Possibly a Settler could be rushed through disbandment. The same goes for Hittite cities if resistance persists. All cities which produce a Library (there are four of them) this turn must start building a Temple, which could be rushed in 670 AD for expansion in that interturn.

In 670 AD the four Temples should be rushed and the Settler in Korea settle down in the Tundra for maximal domination. Unless we're already over the limit.

The population limit is already passed.

denyd, you're up.

Più Freddo;7657718 said:
We are neck on neck with klarius. They must have experienced a flip on the expected last turn, let's hope we don't.

In 660 AD, we should attack the Aztecs although the troops are a little bit too weak yet. 8 fresh Knights can be ship-chained in and used to kill enemies in the field. Possibly a Settler could be rushed through disbandment. The same goes for Hittite cities if resistance persists. All cities which produce a Library (there are four of them) this turn must start building a Temple, which could be rushed in 670 AD for expansion in that interturn.

In 670 AD the four Temples should be rushed and the Settler in Korea settle down in the Tundra for maximal domination. Unless we're already over the limit.

The population limit is already passed.

denyd, you're up.

sounds great!! :thumbsup:
To minimize last turn flip risks, we could gift some high-flip-risk towns that don't need any more culture to some AI and retake it immediately. They can't flip on the first turn!
Of course we need a combat unit with attack left on an adjacent tile... :rolleyes:
Anybody like to suggest a list of towns to treat that way?

This close race is really exciting! :bounce:

Lol, you should have finished that Piu.

I did some checking and if you plant all the settlers next turn and take all 5 aztecs cities we win in 2 turns. Heck you could do with 3 aztecs cities if my calculations are correct.

Here's what I figured out:
Memphis temple: 4 tiles
Mpondo temple: 4
Kish temple: 8
Alcacer: 2
Neu coimbra: 9
New Braga: 1
Seoul: 2

Settler near memphis: 10
Settler near Hattuas: 5
Settler near Ugarti: 6
Settlear near Tyrana: 8
Settler near Pyongyang: 7
Total: 66

You can then add 9 for each aztec city.

And we only need 80 tiles according to CA2.

Have you checked what was in the aztec cities?

Edit: And I didn't even factor in the settlers built next turn :p

Denyd: Just make sure you take at least that mongol city (hoyd). It should be enough if you plant all the settlers correctly next turn. We should win in 670AD when the culture expansion happens in the previous listed cities :)

Have you checked what was in the aztec cities?

No, I didn't investigate any cities. Could be a good thing to do with our money, though, this round, as long as there's enough there to rush Settlers.

If we reach domination in the interturn after 660 or 670 is unimportant. Stretching it could be dangerous. Even if it is 680 we should win having a much higher score (if that is the tie-breaker).

What I worry for is that an AI kills another one, e.g. the Mongols kill the Russians. Then I guess we'll lose. Good thing that the Mongols are at war with us! Gives happiness, too.

Had a look at the save, we are so nearly there.

Note Aztecs in despotism, suggest gifting them republic so they cant rush more units

I see the Mongols have a galley north of almost undefended Egypt. Hopefully they dont drop off 2 units as we only have 1 knight on the island and an un-transportable army in neighbouring Sumeria (although it is 5 turns of war with them, so taking Hovd might allow a PT if necessary).

Looking at all the settlers being built next turn, I agree we may even win next turn without taking any Aztec cities ( if that was what Yilar was implying).
Note we can rush one in Tyrana by disbanding 2 injured knights.
Sumer's settler build can settle next turn if it is transported to New Diu.

We cant afford to investigate Aztec cities now, but it might be a reasonable use of our money next turn before declaring.

I'm going on skiing vacation in France, so won't be back till next week. SO good luck Denyd, and GG guys :). It has been very educational and i've had a great time learning all kinds of strange civ tricks :)

Ok, I got it and will play tomorrow - I'll be back either with an all done or what now question

FINAL SAVE

SGOTM 14 – Team Spooks - Turn Log 3

Turn 0 – 650 AD – Disband a 2 Vet Knights in Tyrana to finish a settler – MMing at this point is fruitless :banana: so here we go

IBT: Lose an AC a Sword & Knight to an archer - Knight defends against MDI & Pike – Mongols & Hittites have landed attackers near undefended cities - Hattusas Settler->wealth – Ur Settler->wealth – Tarsus Settler->wealth – Sumer Settler->wealth – Olympia Library->wealth – Camulodum Library->wealth – NN Longbow (?) ->wealth – Tyrana Settler->wealth – FF Temple->wealth – Alcobaca Library->wealth – New Guimaraes Library->wealth –

Turn 1 – 660 AD – 81 tiles to go - Defending Alcobraca: V.Knight loses to V.TMC (2/4) – E.Knight (4/5) kills V.TMC – Defending Thebes: V.Knight (2/4) kills V.Keshik – Settler founds Vineland (74) – Settler founds Iceland (70) – Settler founds Hillsboro (63) – Settler founds Krakatoa (57) – Settler founds Ur Suburbs (49) – Settler founds Mountain View (39) – Settler founds Kim Chee (32) – Settler founds Pinot (25) - Protecting new cities: E.Knight (3/4) kills R.Sword – Knight Army (2/13) kills V.Pike – R.AC loses to V.MDI (2/4) – E.Knight (3/5) kills R.Archer and MGL is born – Cabral (MGL) hurries Pentagon in Ugart – E.Knight (5/5) kills V.MDI – Declare war in Aztecs:
Battle for Tlatelolco:
V.Knight (1/4) kills V.Spear
V.Knight (4/5) kills V.Spear and Tlatelolco is captured (16)
Battle for Tlaxcala:
V.Knight (1/4) retreats from V.Spear (3/4)
V.Knight loses to V.Spear (1/4)
V.Knight loses to V.Spear (3/5)
V.Knight (3/4) kills V.Spear
V.Knight (5/5) kills V.Sword and promotes
V.Knight (1/4) kills E.Spear
V.Crusader (4/5) kills V.Spear captures Tlaxcala and promotes (7)
Battle for Teotihuacan:
V.Knight (2/4) kills V.Spear
V.Knght (1/4) retreats from V.Spear (3/4)
V.Knight (3/4) kills V.Sword
V.Knight (1/4) kills V.Archer
V.Knight (4/4) kills V.Spear
V.Crusader (2/4) kills V.Spear and captures Teotihuacan (-2)

Battle for Texcoco:
V.Knight (4/5) kills V.Spear and promotes
V.Knight (1/4) retreats from V.Sword (4/4)
V.Knight (1/4) retreats from V.Sword (4/4)
V.Knight (1/4) kills V.Sword
1 Red-lined V.Spear remains

Settler founds Lavaville (-13) just in case.

IBT: Lose 7 Knights while defending Aztec holdings to 7 Swords, 2 Horses, 1 Warrior & 3 Spears – CC Library->Wealth- Chichen Itza riot – Ugarit builds Pentagon – Victory in 670 AD – 141 Hours & 59 minutes

Attachments

• Final.JPG
    Final.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 234
Well done, Spooks :goodjob:

You can go and see what the other teams are up to now. Please don't post in a team thread that is not finished, though.

Phantastic!! :bounce:

A great team effort, thanks everybody for contributing!! :love:

And a phantastic set up, thanks for organizing, staff! :thanx:

congratulations team spooks! you applied your chosen low tech approach in an incredible manner. great playing and as always, lots of fun to read your spam ;)

So, team Klarius is done for sure...
:wavey: NP :wavey:

:wavey:

If you're obsessive enough to monitor who's reading your thread, you deserved to win but I think you need a life. ;)

Setting aside our careless loss of the Babylonians :blush:, it's remarkable how equal the low-tech and high-tech strategies proved to be. Your building up an enormous force of knights by turning iron on and off and upgrading horsemen was impressive play. :goodjob:

Top Bottom