Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

SVN 7135

The Glass Blowers Guild does not give any culture. I looked through the Civilopedia and the others show 5 culture.

Correct, Alt Timelines and Custom Civs are linked into the core.

EDIT: ALOT of the Alt Timelines and Custom Civs are linked together into the core.

If WE are worried about memory then alberts2 and TB need to get with Koshling on "HOW to fix memory problems."

If you can't play without the Alt Timelines then why is it a Module??? same goes for the Custom Civs.... if you can't play without it should be in the core.

Those Memory issues if they are even caused by the Dll(could also come from Python or the bts.exe) are hard to find and i don't want to waste alot of time for this. First i wanted to test it without Ethnical diveristy graphics and Custom Civs. Because if it turns out those memory issues are caused by the mass of newly added Textures, Models and other stuff why should i waste time to find someting in the Dll.

If you can't play without the Alt Timelines then why is it a Module??? same goes for the Custom Civs.... if you can't play without it should be in the core.

Those Memory issues if they are even caused by the Dll(could also come from Python or the bts.exe) are hard to find and i don't want to waste alot of time for this. First i wanted to test it without Ethical diversity graphics and Custom Civs. Because if it turns out those memory issues are caused by the mass of newly added Textures, Models and other stuff why should i waste time to find something in the Dll.

I know this, OK, they were originally going into the core ALL of the Custom ones. But i never get time to do them.
I really dont know what happened to the Alt Timeslines, and i dont know for "exactly" SURE IF THEY ARE LINKED TO THE CORE?? i AM JUST GUESSING HERE.(sorry caps was on and i am not re-writing this).

Now i just posted above about units not having the same btns, but now i find out also that they are producing different looking units also?? pic 1, they need to look like gren when they appear like musket type??

No . . . what has that got to do with anything?? (Just looked didnt know this??) As shown in the pic, i fought with a normal unit so i should be given a GG not a GH?? If thats what DH said, points should be for GG and NOT GH??
It's not about the LAST fight you gain xp from. It's about all the fights leading up to the birth of the GMP(Great Military Person).

Ok, so say you start with (in VERY simply terms) a requirement to get 10 points to get a GMP. This is what is showing in the progress bar 0/10 right?

Let's assume all fights will award 1 xp thus 1 GMP point from the fight.

The first six fights are fought with Hunters and Recon units. This assigns 6 GMP points so now we're at 6/10. But we're also 6 points towards a Great Hunter. And 0 points towards a Great General.

Then the next 4 fights are fought with a Clubman. We've got another 4 GMP points from that and with that last fight we'll be awarded a GMP birth. We've got 6 pts towards a Great Hunter and 4 pts towards a Great General so we birth a Great Hunter (even though the Clubman was the last fight to trigger the GMP birth.)

Now we need, say another 10 GMP points for the next GMP to be born. At this point, the 6 assignment points towards Hunter are lowered back down to 0 because that's what was born. This leaves us with a 4 pt head start towards a Great General.

So on the way through the next 10 GMP points to get to the point where we birth another GMP we fight 6 times with Explorers and 4 times with Combatants. Now, once triggered, we have 6 points towards Great Hunters and 8 points towards Great Generals (4 GMP pts coming in from our Combatants, +4 left over from before).

Since at the time of birth the Great General has the majority of the points assigned, we birth a Great General rather than a GH. But THIS time we have 6 points left over towards a Great Hunter while the Great General starts back over at 0.

It really helps to track how the points are accumulating so you've got an idea of what type of GMP you'll have born next and why. Hovering over the Great Military Person point tracking bar and looking in the bottom left of the screen where a hover information panel emerges at this point will give you full visibility on how many points you have towards each type and which type is currently scheduled to be born next.

Once it's rational to you and you can watch how it progresses, you'll find it's something you won't struggle with so hard strategically.

5th MAF in same game. This time the Minidump is bigger than 1kb.

Hope it helps.

JosEPh

Edit: just had a loading CTD that produced a 0 size Minidump. It was an Autosave of the turn that eventually produced the below MiniDump from a MAF. But if there is no one looking into this.....then this mod is useless for me now. I have too good of a system that has never MAF'd before. It's things done in this mod after the launch of v34 that is causing these not my system nor my OS. And I don't think T-Brd can fix this type of problem by himself. alberts2 might be able too but it seems that he's already burning out. I think I'm going back to v33 right before v34 release. There were several stable builds during that timeframe. Nothing has been stable in v34 after the 7106 build. I thought 7138 was till it started producing these MAFs. And SO, C2Cplayer Is Not imagining these MAFs and CTDs. They will get you too soon enough.

Those Memory issues if they are even caused by the Dll(could also come from Python or the bts.exe) are hard to find and i don't want to waste alot of time for this. First i wanted to test it without Ethnical diveristy graphics and Custom Civs. Because if it turns out those memory issues are caused by the mass of newly added Textures, Models and other stuff why should i waste time to find someting in the Dll.

I know this, OK, they were originally going into the core ALL of the Custom ones. But i never get time to do them.
I really dont know what happened to the Alt Timeslines, and i dont know for "exactly" SURE IF THEY ARE LINKED TO THE CORE?? i AM JUST GUESSING HERE.(sorry caps was on and i am not re-writing this).

Now i just posted above about units not having the same btns, but now i find out also that they are producing different looking units also?? pic 1, they need to look like gren when they appear like musket type??

It is the new art defines that have made things not modular. For example the art define for the repeating crossbow is in the core but the unit is defined in Alt-Timelines/ClockPunk.

All the art defines for the alt-timeline and culture units need to be moved out of core and into their relevant module. Those which use a specific Civilization unit need to have the Civilization UU moved into core.

This does make it more difficult for people adding new art for units but it is necessary if we want to keep things as optional modules.

It's not about the LAST fight you gain xp from. It's about all the fights leading up to the birth of the GMP(Great Military Person).

Ok, so say you start with (in VERY simply terms) a requirement to get 10 points to get a GMP. This is what is showing in the progress bar 0/10 right?

Let's assume all fights will award 1 xp thus 1 GMP point from the fight.

The first six fights are fought with Hunters and Recon units. This assigns 6 GMP points so now we're at 6/10. But we're also 6 points towards a Great Hunter. And 0 points towards a Great General.

Then the next 4 fights are fought with a Clubman. We've got another 4 GMP points from that and with that last fight we'll be awarded a GMP birth. We've got 6 pts towards a Great Hunter and 4 pts towards a Great General so we birth a Great Hunter (even though the Clubman was the last fight to trigger the GMP birth.)

Now we need, say another 10 GMP points for the next GMP to be born. At this point, the 6 assignment points towards Hunter are lowered back down to 0 because that's what was born. This leaves us with a 4 pt head start towards a Great General.

So on the way through the next 10 GMP points to get to the point where we birth another GMP we fight 6 times with Explorers and 4 times with Combatants. Now, once triggered, we have 6 points towards Great Hunters and 8 points towards Great Generals (4 GMP pts coming in from our Combatants, +4 left over from before).

Since at the time of birth the Great General has the majority of the points assigned, we birth a Great General rather than a GH. But THIS time we have 6 points left over towards a Great Hunter while the Great General starts back over at 0.

It really helps to track how the points are accumulating so you've got an idea of what type of GMP you'll have born next and why. Hovering over the Great Military Person point tracking bar and looking in the bottom left of the screen where a hover information panel emerges at this point will give you full visibility on how many points you have towards each type and which type is currently scheduled to be born next.

Once it's rational to you and you can watch how it progresses, you'll find it's something you won't struggle with so hard strategically.

OK when am i supposed to get a GG then (pic 1) i have only seen 1 so far, and by now i usually get 5 or 6, and i need them more than GH's. Thats why i play with Great Commanders and Barbarian Generals.

OK when am i supposed to get a GG then (pic 1) i have only seen 1 so far, and by now i usually get 5 or 6, and i need them more than GH's. Thats why i play with Great Commanders and Barbarian Generals.

You'd have no choice but to get a Great General after the next two GMP pts are earned based on what you show there.

You'd have no choice but to get a Great General after the next two GMP pts are earned based on what you show there.

I guess i am lost here, cause my GG is at 600ish:crazyeye:?? Oh well, thx.

I guess i am lost here, cause my GG is at 600ish:crazyeye:?? Oh well, thx.

You have 2 more points to go before you birth the next GMP. When you do, you'll be assigned a Great General because that's the one that has the most assignment points.

Once the Great General is birthed, the Assignment points for the Great General will go down to 0 and you'll have your 80 something points towards Great Hunter remaining there.

This doesn't mean you're any closer to the next GMP. Just means the Great Hunter has a lead over the Great General. Not all that much of one in this case since you'll need to earn a lot more than 100 overall GMP points to get to the next GMP birth.

That gives you a lot of leeway towards earning a Great General again. If you don't add many more points towards a Great Hunter during the next earning cycle the Great General will easily overtake the Great Hunter point total by the time the next GMP is born.

Understand there is a difference between assignment points and the overall progression total. The assignment points are not what must add up to the amount you need to birth a GMP - THAT is a pool that all GMP points go into. The assignment points are merely to determine which type of GMP will be birthed when the overall pool of GMP points has reached the birthing threshold.

Only the type of GMP that has been born will have it's assignment point total reduced to 0. The amount needed for a GMP to be born at all will reset and the threshold required for the next GMP will be greater than it took to get the last GMP. The two scales are not the same. The assignment points determine the type but the overall GMP total earned THIS cycle will determine the when.

The total GMP points earned this cycle shows first then the threshold to be reached: yours shows 471/473. The first # is there is the amount earned so far this cycle overall and the second amount is the amount required to get a GMP to birth.

From a long term perspective, this makes it possible for less common unit battles to eventually add up to a less common GMP type award.

For example, if you have a GMP type that gains it's points from the battles your animals have undergone and we call it a Great Animal Trainer, you probably won't consistently have a LOT of your share of GMP points being earned each cycle by your animals in combat. BUT it could very easily, over a few GMP birthing cycles, add up so that the points assigned to the Great Animal Trainer have become the highest value when the next GMP is birthed. This is because their assignment points won't drop to zero until a Great Animal Trainer is birthed.

Understand?

-If you want to see how many GH and GG points you have simply hover over the GMP tracker bar and it will show you the current totals. Whichever one of those totals is currently higher determines the GMP type you get. Whenever you spawn a GMP by filling the bar, the one you made sets its counter (GH or GG) to zero. Whichever of the two you didn't get keeps its total points.

You get points towards GH or GG every time a unit kills something.

V3X vanilla (most recent):
-Some Civs (Inuit for sure) get 3 power trackers and 2 power hunters.

Apprenticeship civic: in the Civics screen, the text says that it gives +25% Great Person points and unlimited Engineers. It looks like this may have been keyed in wrong, because it is written in two different colors of text, and neither one of these effects actually works. (The other effects listed do seem to work properly).

Why so troublesome. Just stick to the standard great people system which everyone is familiar with:D

Apprenticeship civic: in the Civics screen, the text says that it gives +25% Great Person points and unlimited Engineers. It looks like this may have been keyed in wrong, because it is written in two different colors of text, and neither one of these effects actually works. (The other effects listed do seem to work properly).

The text in most of the pedia pages is derived from the XML in the same way as the effect is. Which means any error you are seeing is probably in the Civic XML somewhere.

Why so troublesome. Just stick to the standard great people system which everyone is familiar with:D

it is! It is using the standard Great General system for Great Hunter as well just not quite in the same way that the other GP are mixed which uses probability.

Yeah, the gathering of points is the same as standard great people.
But why do you want to change the outcome to confuse people with 2 systems?

If 100 points is needed for birth:
The standard system with 80 points in Artist and 20 points in Prophet will grant a 80% chance to give Artist, while 20% chance to give Prophet.
After birth, everything is reset to zero.

As for your general system:
With 80 points in Hunter and 20 points in General, it is 100% that Hunter will born and no chance for General is born.
After which, Hunter is reset to 0, while General is maintained at 20.

So, why not just use the standard system?

I have too good of a system that has never MAF'd before. It's things done in this mod after the launch of v34 that is causing these not my system nor my OS. And I don't think T-Brd can fix this type of problem by himself. alberts2 might be able too but it seems that he's already burning out. I think I'm going back to v33 right before v34 release. There were several stable builds during that timeframe. Nothing has been stable in v34 after the 7106 build. I thought 7138 was till it started producing these MAFs. And SO, C2Cplayer Is Not imagining these MAFs and CTDs. They will get you too soon enough.

I've had the same experience. Before v34 I could play gigantic maps to industrial era without a single MAF or CTD, but after v34 I struggle with MAF and CTD in prehistoric era on a huge map (every 50 turn on eternity speed).

So, why not just use the standard system?

Are you suggesting to 1: introduce the probability function from Great person bar into great general bar, or 2: remove the great general bar completely and integrate GG and GH into the great person bar?
1: I'm guessing it doesn't use probability system as there was no justification for TB to use extra time making the system when he could just tweak the old system when including Great Hunters.
2: This would be quite troublesome to make a balanced feature.

I've had the same experience. Before v34 I could play gigantic maps to industrial era without a single MAF or CTD, but after v34 I struggle with MAF and CTD in prehistoric era on a huge map (every 50 turn on eternity speed).

I dont believe this statement, i have had NO MAF's or CTD's ever in PreH?? If you did, where are your posts for the CTD's then??

I dont believe this statement, i have had NO MAF's or CTD's ever in PreH?? If you did, where are your posts for the CTD's then??

Because I stopped playing the game for a while now, and people don't report everything you know; furthermore most of the minidumps from this were empty files (0kB).

Edit: Not saying there is a definite problem, just supporting the claim that there might be one; perhaps I was just unlucky with the few revisions I've played after V34 release.

A 0kb minidump doesn't give much info now does it SO?

I've had 4 since I started this particular game when I updated to the SVN 7138 the day it came out.

Just because you've not had it does Not mean it's not happening. You've had at least 3 players report it in one fashion or another in the last 7-10 dyas. Hide you head in the sand if you wish.

And who said these MAFs are only in Preh Era? I'm getting them well into the Ancient era now. I just Founded Buddhism and I can barely go 5-10 turns on Marathon with out it dumping me to the desktop.

You currently have No One to fix these problems. IF it's a Graphics added issue start with the graphics added right before SVN 7106 thru 7138. Pull them out and release an SVN with out them to see if we continue to MAF.

JosEPh

Top Bottom