[SoI]Fatimids Cultural Victory

We have killed so many civs that the land goal is 29%.

E. it was that but it seems that Safavids and Portugal dropped it back to 25%.
I'll check out the autosaves.

E. You can just give cities to Malwa, they'll accept anything. We have numerous cities that we don't need like Angora and any city without company resources. Check out the save and suggest which ones we should let go. Then collapse Safavids, Mewar and Bukhara. Sindh is bringing us almost 5% of land, maybe we should collapse them? They have way too many cities.

In case you missed my edits.

The latter would be fun IMHO.

Definetly.
In case you haven't followed, the newest kick-start-strategy for Makuria consists of founding Kerora with the second settler and conquering Mecca ASAP and bringing sunni (and later shia) to Tungul, which can then spam all the early islamic wonders.

Definetly.
In case you haven't followed, the newest kick-start-strategy for Makuria consists of founding Kerora with the second settler and conquering Mecca ASAP and bringing sunni (and later shia) to Tungul, which can then spam all the early islamic wonders.

Unnecessary though. I am playing Makuria in a Domination game at the moment and built Spiral Minaret in Tungul with founding Aswan using the 2nd starting settler. I founded Meroe next, conquered Aksum and then founded Kerora. I think I had manually conquered the two Hejaz cities by about the same time that I founded Kerora.

I also got Al-Jazar (?) or whateve the +2:science: wonder is called in Tungul. And all while still being Orthodox. Makes science much better and early city growth, because the missing health resources can be traded from the Orthodox civs in Asia Minor (Deer, Apples, Pig, etc)

Unnecessary though. I am playing Makuria in a Domination game at the moment and built Spiral Minaret in Tungul with founding Aswan using the 2nd starting settler. I founded Meroe next, conquered Aksum and then founded Kerora. I think I had manually conquered the two Hejaz cities by about the same time that I founded Kerora.

I also got Al-Jazar (?) or whateve the +2:science: wonder is called in Tungul. And all while still being Orthodox. Makes science much better and early city growth, because the missing health resources can be traded from the Orthodox civs in Asia Minor (Deer, Apples, Pig, etc)

Al-Azhar?
But anyways, I don't mean to convert to Sunni, but this way you can also build the House of Wisdom.

I'll late today, which cities we should let go. Angora is definetly the first, but lets see which others.
Also we may not need to collapse our vassals, since giving distant cities to unstable civs will most likely collapse them (Malwa, Timurids, Bukhara). It is a win-win situation for us. :D

Al-Azhar?
But anyways, I don't mean to convert to Sunni, but this way you can also build the House of Wisdom.
Don't forget about:
  • Camel Archer mercs;) they greatly help to kill Yemen (3 "free" workers, many luxury resources near Sana'a)
  • Sufi and Karimi
  • Sunni diplomatic potential higher than other(trade, vassal state)

Angora and Esfahan enough :)
Fight, fight, fight... Raze many cities, excluding Ajmer (for +2:health: from Rani Ki Vav), Goa and Neyshabur. Return Salalah for Imamat of Yemen.
81:gold: from companies now, Al-Qahira growth up to 30pop soon.
Spoiler :

Last food resources missing - whale, 15 turns for next Great Merchant.
Also completed 2/3 URV.

To do:
Complete tech tree;
Help Yemen to build road near Salalah (for trade more incense);
Don't touch Malwa to avoid ConquestVictory, kill Timurids and Mughals;

Attachments

• Al-Muizz AD-1546endplay.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 170
I continued on the chosen path. We are getting close on most of the conditions, but a might actually be too close to Culture Victory. I think you can wrap this up on the next round though.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Al-Muizz AD-1568.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
I continued on the chosen path. We are getting close on most of the conditions, but a might actually be too close to Culture Victory. I think you can wrap this up on the next round though.
I do not have time to complete certain goals(7,9) in the allotted turns;)

I do not have time to complete certain goals(7,9) in the allotted turns;)

There was no way to have time to get Shahanshah title and the gold from companies after the Safavid spawn anyways without winning domination, we should've gotten it earlier. The Population goal is still possible though. You can slow Madinah's culture down.

I can easily complete the main goals though, I would time the capitulations on the same turn though, otherwise they might not be willing anymore.

There was no way to have time to get Shahanshah title and the gold from companies after the Safavid spawn anyways without winning domination, we should've gotten it earlier. The Population goal is still possible though. You can slow Madinah's culture down.

I can easily complete the main goals though, I would time the capitulations on the same turn though, otherwise they might not be willing anymore.
100:gold: we will recieve on turn 3,
I have some ideas about this:
  • Liberated all unShahanshah's cities to Portuguese empire and Malwa,
  • slow :culture: in Madinah or completed 3rd Legendary city after 25 turn
  • capitulated Bahmanids and Ak Kounlu with razing(or liberating to Portuguese empire and Malwa) all they cities:(
  • start the process for collapsing Safavids, Yemen and Sindh(changes civics and Assassinate Safavids Heir every possible turn)
  • Future Tech give 1:health:, 7 turn for next GM, Al-Qahira will growth after ~19-24 turns

Yeah, that might work, we can also switch off Religious Freedom after we have gotten the GM. Remember that Golden Age speeds GP-production. Yemen is likely prone to collapse, build spies in Hejaz.

Btw, while I killed the Mughals, they offered to capitulate, so that shouldn't be an issue, at least for the first new vassal.

Also, can you get Shahanshah by vassalising the holder of the title? Meaning that if we give all our cities to Safavids and liberate the rest..

Yeah, that might work, we can also switch off Religious Freedom after we have gotten the GM. Remember that Golden Age speeds GP-production. Yemen is likely prone to collapse, build spies in Hejaz.

Btw, while I killed the Mughals, they offered to capitulate, so that shouldn't be an issue, at least for the first new vassal.

Also, can you get Shahanshah by vassalising the holder of the title? Meaning that if we give all our cities to Safavids and liberate the rest..
i will try it all after return from work

I think that mistake in code or mistake in description.
We can convert to Orth or Cath and recieve "The Protector of the Holy Sepulchre";)

Yeah, I think that the code doesn't recognize the situation, if the vassalisation happens before the title is acquired. Anyways, I would count it as a win, since our vassal has the title and it should actually transform to us. Too bad Edead isn't around anymore.

Top Bottom