Spectrite's Realpolitik Civ - Another Interactive AAR

General i would suggest editing your post instead of posting again. The button can be found next to the quote button.

Ilduce im warning you right now. The first sab that happens, ML goes into effect.

Wait forts will create a canal passage like thing? Is thgis BTS only then? Because it doesnt do so in warlords...at least i dont think it doesn...

The great wall has already been started though, so that will be finished first.

Yeah, I know, I'll fix that up. Yes, Forts can be used to build canals. The defensive bonus also helps, and Uruk woon't get too far if we found a suez city.

If the great wall is already in Production, then don't stop it, it's always helpful.

Also, Gruekiller, I found a banner for your party. People of the same trade respect each other ;)

Spoiler :

Edit: Oh yeah, sorry Ilduce, I forgot. But it does need horses, so if Animal husbundry isn't researched, it should be. If it is, we can research copper. Just in case the babys catch on to our chariots and build spearmen, we'll build axemen. The copper can also be used to kill Immortals with spearmen.

Edit2: Forts only allow movement of ships through them if they are are in the Civ's borders. We'll have the suez in our borders by then, if not already, so it should not be a problem.

Edit: Oh yeah, sorry Ilduce, I forgot. But it does need horses, so if Animal husbundry isn't researched, it should be.
We do have AH and we are currently building a pasture, so we will have horses very soon.

Actually, come to think of it, The pyramids could be more useful. Barbarians will dissapear quite fast with all the civs in Africa, while the Pyramids has a more helpful bonus, especially for an empire that is hoping to be as large is ours.
Barbarians are still an issue, even on Earth34, if I remember correctly. The main reason there are so many barbs is the Sahara Desert, where many barbs spawn. Not only is it still empty, I doubt civs will want to settle in the middle of desert, so barbs will continue to spawn, I'm predicting. Of course, I could be wrong.

We do have AH and we are currently building a pasture, so we will have horses very soon.

Barbarians are still an issue, even on Earth34, if I remember correctly. The main reason there are so many barbs is the Sahara Desert, where many barbs spawn. Not only is it still empty, I doubt civs will want to settle in the middle of desert, so barbs will continue to spawn, I'm predicting. Of course, I could be wrong.

Well, we are already building the great wall, I presume.

If the pasture is almost ready, we should probably go in the direction of Bronze and Iron working. Axes will be vital, to supprt the chariots a bit, so a single spear or two does not kill them all.

Well, we are already building the great wall, I presume.
Yes, it's about halfway done. It's been interrupted by the settler.

If the pasture is almost ready, we should probably go in the direction of Bronze and Iron working. Axes will be vital, to supprt the chariots a bit, so a single spear or two does not kill them all.
Oh, I forgot to say this earlier - we don't have easy access to copper or iron. There isn't any in our area.

Oh yes, I remember now. Haven't played an earth map in a while. Hmm. The closest seems to be In anatolia, or Azerbajian. Not very close.

I'd suggest rushing the sumerians, and following up as quickly as possible with the babylonians. They might claim the copper by the caspian, so I'd say pillaging that would be good.

so, i think we should go Monotheism -> BW -> IW

btw, about Suez, well, forts can get pillaged, but i think we can get troops to guard it... but a city would be cooler, for sure. we would be able to build Suez with ease if this was GEM :/

cities? we can claim Congo after we rush Middle East, but we will need to kill Ethiopia.
if i remember the area around Congo is nice, but full of jungles. and there is Shaka to the south...

so, i think we should go Monotheism -> BW -> IW

btw, about Suez, well, forts can get pillaged, but i think we can get troops to guard it... but a city would be cooler, for sure. we would be able to build Suez with ease if this was GEM :/

cities? we can claim Congo after we rush Middle East, but we will need to kill Ethiopia.
if i remember the area around Congo is nice, but full of jungles. and there is Shaka to the south...

If we take Babylon, It will not get pillaged. If an enemy is already that far into our land, we have a problem.

Congo is really meh. We won't get much progress there for a long time, but since we are almost done the great wall, it at least takes barbars out of the picture.

I don't see why we "need" to rush Ethiopia. He'll stagnate after we finish the Nile settler and basically deny him the nile. He'll probably stay a 1 or 2 city state, and we'll rush him after.

A city would be 'cooler' but much less effecient, especially since we are taking sumer. Besides, that spot is useless for a city above the pop of 6. I know, I've tried.

Monotheism really does not give us anything useful, besides a religion. If we are going for an early rush, A religion is meh. Once we have Babylon, we'll probably grab one anyways. If we're lucky the Arabs founded one.

You seem to be putting the entire nation at stake for the sake of a single religion, which we could take from one of the conquered nations. We will strictly adhere to the Code of Anhur.

founding our own is better. and btw, if it was saladin that founded it, islam would've founded. and i don't think hammu picked it, i would rather say it was India and some other nation.

Suez : i know it is a useless spot in small maps. :rolleyes:

and if we were to get many workers, we could get to Congo, and still have workers working there.
if i remember it has many health resources :mischief:
but can't say that, only map i've played recently is GEM, so i don't remember

We know it's not any of the civs we've met. Spain, Holy Rome, or Byzantine are likely choices.

Hail Warlord Arya!

Here is the Tech and Build order from the previous ruler:
Tech path went Mining > Masonry > Animal Husbandry > Pottery.

Build path went Worker > Warrior > Warrior > Great Wall (partially) > Settler.

Here is your Plan with my own notations:
PLAN:
1. Tech path is up in the air at the moment. Any suggestions are welcome, but i havent had a chance to look at the piucs to put one together.
We have all we need to improve the city. Thus it is either the Science, Alphabet route or the Religious, Organised Religion route. Either way i would recommend getting Mysticism first. While i don't care about Stonehenge the monument for Egypt lets you have 2 priests. Which improves the productivity of our barren desert city and gets us a Great Prophet quickly

2. Build a settler, and settle the lower banks of the nile in upper egypt.
The Settler is 7 turns away from Construction. The only question is should the lower banks be filled with one city covering as much as possible or two cities one to the east and one to the west (one done now the other later?)

3. Spam war chariots, until we have enough to take Sumer and still have a decent army left over to defend against threats.
Die Sumer DIE! War Chariots can be built allready!

4. Continue to spam war chariots, and take out babylon. Once they are taken, we will have 4 cities, and all 4 will build an archer and 2 workers. These workers will work to connect and improve our new and old cities.
Wow... really going for the Juguler huh... Just make sure we use one of the developed cities as a worker pump if able. Not the new ones.

5. If my term doesnt end before all that is finished, we will settle a 5th city, probably at suez to create a canal.
And it should be named Aryandria!

6. A wonder SHOULD be built. I was thinking either the great wall and/or the pyramids. We could possibly finish the great wall during the wars, and do the pyramids right after instead of a worker and archer.
Great Wall is allready partially done and is something to fall back on while the army advances against Sumer. Personally i would prefer the Pyramids as Representation combined with the ease of Egyptian Prophets can be powerful.

Any suggestions will be taken into account. Make sure you back it up with your reasons, especially if it will sound extreme (cough*IDUCE*cough).

-

Done.

Hail Warlord Arya! May his enemies kingdoms be crushed and their woman weep with joy at the coming of true Egyptian men!

Eh. I've been gone for a while because of various RL obligations.

The plan sounds nice, but will development and building of crucial infrastructure be neglected in favor of this rush? I do not want us to finish our rush and find ourselves stretched out with a crumbling economy and limited infra.

why taoism and not Judaism or Islam? i know in vanilla BTS it is purely cosmetical, but i think Judaism or Islam are religions we should pick mostly because of the area Egypt is.
btw, i also agree with Ravus

ilduce thinks toaism "looks" nicer then the other religions in terms of symbol and buildings... which is just as bad as us wanting Judasim because we are playing Egypt :p

i think judaism has a cool symbol :p
Taoism and Judaism have the coolest symbols in Civ IV...
oh, and religion buildings i think the cooler are : Christians, jewish or muslims

Top Bottom