Spoonwood's Hall of Fame Attempts

Well, we got an SGL for the modern age. I think we had one earlier in the middle ages, not sure though.

1st SGL Sumeria.png

We reached the modern era. 130k about 1455 projected right now. Maybe sooner. Probably sooner, The Internet will get built in a few turns once we research Miniaturization.

The Internet completed in 810 AD. Here's another screenshot.

We had 38,629 culture at 1159 culture per turn in 800 AD.

And 40,156 culture at 1527 culture per turn in 810 AD.

59 more turns would make for a finish of 1325 AD, I think.

The Internet completed in 810 AD. Here's another screenshot.

We had 38,629 culture at 1159 culture per turn in 800 AD.

And 40,156 culture at 1527 culture per turn in 810 AD.

59 more turns would make for a finish of 1325 AD, I think.
I just looked at the 1000 BC and 10 AD saves of @ignas 440 AD Tiny 100k (30k) game. They are hard to believe! 24 cities with 8 settlers built and 24 workers at 1000 BC....and researching Invention! At 10 AD, ignas already had rails going and had Replaceable Parts!!! He was back-filling Music Theory for JS Bach's and the happiness it provides.

Looks like he had 3 scientific civs he was gifting to get them into ages, and then getting second level techs. I wasn't really thinking about playing 100k as a tech game, but he did.

Notably, he re-built all his temples by hand after researching Education. He had 100 cities by 10 AD, and was at 63% of the land area. Looks like he got 2 ancient era SGLs, which he used on Pyramids and ToA respectively.

I think there's a lot to be said for the massive expansion first on the 100k game. But I'm not sure how you get to Replaceable Parts by 10 AD on a Tiny map. Again, this is like magic to me.

Projected finish date has kept on dropping a turn or so the last few turns.

At 920 AD we have 59946 culture and 2008 culture per turn.

This projects victory in 35 turns, which would be 1260 AD or 1265 AD.

Projected finish date has kept on dropping a turn or so the last few turns.

At 920 AD we have 59946 culture and 2008 culture per turn.

This projects victory in 35 turns, which would be 1260 AD or 1265 AD.
If history is a guide, this should be a 1240-1250 win date, if you are able to maintain culture adds at a good pace. I note that with 35 turns left to go on straight math, I was able to improve 4 turns from there. But I had blown through my culture adds at that point and had I had a stronger pace, I might have pushed ahead 1-2 turns.

oh no. you misclicked and held the election? Honestly a misclick like that I think counts as something that should be a permissible re-load for HOF purposes. Clicking correctly on buttons after hours of play is not what is measured by the HOF.

Mental stamina absolutely is an HOF standard.

When I see reloads when vetting a game, I don't see why they happened. The only way to discern mistakes and accidents from malicious behavior is what a player tells me. Trying to separate the two would mean starting to judge players instead of just the games.

That would be truly unfair. That's why we don't do it.

I think the Roman game is alright, but I set it up for the pillaging scheme around my capital. But, my capital could be a 1 worker turn worker pump once rails become available.

I started a Large Deity game with The Iroquois. Very nice start. We had 3 luxuries hooked and a forth about to get hooked. We had a well-timed palace prebuild on Literature. Then someone beats us to Literature, the Temple of Artemis finishes, and The Aztecs finish The Great Library.

I started another game, which I'm finding very promising. I went with The Ottomans and preselected my opponents to have no one scientific. The basic idea consists in researching and selling technology most of the game for gold and gold per turn. We didn't sell our free tech Monotheism immediately, but did a few turns later picking up lots of gold per turn from The Zulu. I picked a pangea map. Except, it turned out differently than expected:

Sea Tiles.png

So, we didn't have any contacts early. I had a warrior moving around on those hills in the south for a while, until a Zulu scout spotted us. We couldn't afford Pottery having done maximum research on Alphabet and then Writing and Literature, but someone else popped up and didn't have Masonry. We did manage to complete The Great Library. The Zulu demanded Literature when the Temple of Artemis still hadn't gotten finished. We refused their demand, and they declared. They signed Rome into the war. Two Roman warriors landed. Syracuse isn't convenient, but since I'd rather have infrastructure built first, Syracuse will stay for a while.

I hadn't planned on having a power growth capital. But, when I saw the wheat after Istanbul got founded and the number of bonus grasslands around it, and the mountain, I thought it would become one. The library in Instanbul just got bought as it grew from size 5 to 6:

Power Growth Instanbul.png

We have no luxuries on our island, but do have iron and horses, and a fair amount of desert.

Look how many more cities we have than the AIs! And we still have some to plant on our home island:

City Difference.png

Lots of forestry to chop in courthouses int the upcoming turns.

???

Zululand has had Education. First they researched Chemistry, which seemed odd. Even more strange they researched Banking next, not Astronomy, Metallurgy, or Music Theory.

So a few things:

1. I lost Newton's University on the Smith's Trading Company cascade.

2. We got Steam Power as our free tech and sold it. It looked like India learned Magnetism first and sold it to the Zulu. I didn't manage to get all of the AIs gpt. I'm pretty sure it's still possible, but with this much gold and gpt still out there, I think it might have just been better to cash rush infrastructure and do road pillaging instead. The 1 turn worker pump is nice, but I got to thinking that it more has commerce benefits than production benefits.

Gold.png

There existed even more gold last turn:

Gold 1.png

And even more a few turns back.

3. We're not agricultural. It felt rather slow to grow cities other than the capital in The Roman game and this one also.

At least 2. convinces me that getting gold and techs via gpt for luxuries and/or resources plus pillaging makes for the idea I like more. Though, I do think that game still winnable.

One turn in particular I remember purchasing Chemistry from Zululand when I think America also learned it. Then I sold Chemistry to most other AIs and turned a profit overall.

Well I remembered what templar_x said about popping 2 settlers from huts on demigod, and saw he did a game with the Inca on Deity. No food bonus for my capital though:

2 settlers from huts.png

I remember that! It was a ridiculous start with lots of wandering, right? only a minor food bonus, if I remember correctly? But after popping 2 settler I decided to play on... ;) Wish you the best of luck for this one!
t_x

Top Bottom