StarCraft 2 pro-gaming and 1v1

Results:
MVp 3 > 1 Naniwa (-2)
Parting 3 > 0 Oz (-2)
HerO 3 > 0 SuperNoVa (+1)
Squirtle 3 > 0 Taeja (+2)

My prediction score: -1

Comments: Naniwa broke my heart here, but it's understandable since MVp didn't get to Code S on shabby TvP. Didn't see Oz getting steam rolled coming, I guess the Startale house figured out all his PvP tricks before the game. HerO creaming SuperNoVa was as predicted since he's pretty much a one-trick pony in TvP. TaeJa's fall is sad, although Squirtle's PvT is probably the strongest I've ever seen since Inca back when he got to the semifinals.

Next round's predictions: Same rules as before.

Parting 3 > 2 MVp (really tough call here, but Parting went 2:0 against ForGG and 2:1 against Polt, who both have similar macro TvP styles to MVp)

HerO 3 > 2 Squirtle (neither of these players have done any PvP thus far in Code S, except when Squirtle 2:0'd Oz, so I think it's also going to be a close run; but HerO has a history of breaking down under pressure, so Squirtle seems like the slight contender here.)

so my GSL predictions were terrible, ThorZain joined EG and then this happened (GSTL spoilers)

lolwut

New HotS videos.

Also, Civfanatics' own MjM is currently enjoying the MLG festivities in Anaheim, and I'm trying to do things that are rumoured to give me beta key access.

SaSe made a pretty sweet run results wise (I didn't watch the games today). Also I'm not really that enthusiastic for HotS units, but I guess I'll see. I was rooting for grubby.

Did make it back to masters right before queen buff, but I think I'm done playing sc2. Still follow the pro results though.

quick edit: I think dApollo is by far the best commentator nowadays. I'm really enjoying his casting, at least moreso than any of the others.

It's down to three... Alicia is up one match over MKP to see who gets to face DongRaeGu in the Finals. :D

Lol @ TvZ after the patch.

TaeJa is insanely good.

Naniwa will be first foreign Code S win this season I swear <3

I'm probably not buying HotS if the Warhound isn't removed from the game or substantially tweaked. Looks really dumb, makes the most interesting unit in the game (siege tank) utterly superfluous, and it turns terran into an A-move death ball race.

We already have one PvP matchup, geez. :p

But yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble seeing the purpose of the Warhound beyond it being a marauder for mech players.

Naniwa and MMA knocked out of Code S Ro32

:<

Also, Flash beat MC in the OSL in a really really good match. <3 LYH

No he didn't. He was in the death group with MVP, TaeJa and MMA and went 0-2, knocked into Code A.

omg the Code A brackets are KT_Flash vs MVPKiller and right below that, Mionix_Naniwa vs SlayerSMin.

Flash vs Naniwa if they both advance. My two favorite players nooooo ;_____;

EDIT: Warhound removed from HotS beta, carrier returned. :D

Let us make fun of Crezth for his hatred of the Carrier, and celebrate this development!

Naniwa dropped to Code B (massive massive slump he's in right now :-/).

There's a cross-server MLG event going on right now between the KePSA players (the Brood War champs now that OSL/MSL/proleague are finished) against foreigners and the GOMtv players. So far Flash is doing ridiculously good...

Code S is looking extremely awesome right now. Liquid'Hero came second in his Ro16 group after Leenock, which saved him from being teamkilled by Liquid'Taeja. Most likely event is that he's going to get bumped out by SKT1_Rain (a PvP monster and royal road candidate) since his PvP is like a 30% win rate. We'll see. All of the other players in Code S right now are significant candidates for victory, except MarineKingPrime who can't ever win games against LG-IM_MVP and whose TvZ went to the crapper after the recent queen buff. Also ST_Life is on a roll but StarTale never gets anything better than the silver in GomTV. Predictions:

SKT1_Rain 3 > 0 Liquid'HerO
LG-IM_MVP 3 > 1 TSL_Symbol
Liquid'TaeJa 3 > 2 FXOLeenock
ST_Life 3 > 0 MarineKingPrime

Rules: +1/-1 if I'm right/wrong on who wins; +2 if I'm also right on the score; -2 if I predict the winner wrong and he goes 0:3.

SKT1_Rain 3 > 0 Liquid'HerO
LG-IM_MVP 3 > 1 TSL_Symbol
Liquid'TaeJa 3 > 2 FXOLeenock
ST_Life 3 > 0 MarineKingPrime

Rules: +1/-1 if I'm right/wrong on who wins; +2 if I'm also right on the score; -2 if I predict the winner wrong and he goes 0:3.

Results:
Rain 3 > 0 HerO (+2)
MVP 3 > 1 Symbol (+2)
TaeJa 3 > 1 Leenock (+1)
Life 3 > 1 MarineKing (+1)

My score for this season: +6

yeaaahhh homie. Hopefully that redeems me for my awful failures two seasons ago.

Code S Ro4
So Rain is insanely good but MVP is MVP, that's a super tough call there. I think MVP could potentially 3-0 him if he wins the first game and keeps the momentum rolling, but it's also entirely plausible that his neck injury will finally catch up with him, make his mechanics too weak to continue performing, and he'll just get stomped by the monster Rain.

I'm a bit more confident to say that Taeja will win against Life. Life's win streak has been insane but TaeJa has the best TvZ in the world right now, bar none. Plus his playstyle is harder to counter than Life's.

My Predictions
LG-IM_MVP 3 > 0 SKT1_Rain
Liquid'TaeJa 3 > 2 ST_Life

In other news, Team 8's Sea transferred to Liquid, the first KePSA transfer so far. Team 8 and Woongjin Stars are both collapsing due to sponsorship woes so most of them will likely scatter to foreign teams. This is one of my favorite Sea games from Brood War:

Link to video.

Top Bottom