State of the Union 2013: 4th Annual CFC Live Commentary and Heckling!

Didn't see the motor city madman anywhere, rumour was he was invited. They must have barred the doors.

What's the countdown 'til he's s'posed to be dead or in jail or a liar?

I heard he pooped himself to avoid his last commitment.

I won't dispute that CEO salaries are ridiculous, insurance companies included. But, if you dropped a hypothetical CEO's salary from $20 million (I'm just guessing) down to, let's say $1 million, you'd cut costs by $19 million, obviously. But the largest insurers (WellPoint, United, Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross, etc.), have 10's or 100's of millions of customers.

For example, WellPoint has 34 million members in its affiliated health plans and more than 70 million insurees when its subsidiaries are included. $19 million / 70 million customers / 12 months = $0.02381, or about 2.4 cents. Let's call it 3 cents. If you cut the CEO's salary down to $1 million, your rate would go down by 3 cents. Just this year - you can't cut it by $19 million again next year.

That's not the issue, even though I agree with you that CEO salaries are ridiculous. It's health care costs that raise your insurance premiums every year. Not CEO salaries.

Then take out the insurers altogether. All they do is push costs up.

You joke, but preschool is important. Most kids these days are expected to enter Primary school being able to read. Not going to preschool creates a divide for the kid that follows him or her all the way into high school

Pre school is glorified daycare. You must be young to be this uninformed, although I think it is also common sense. Do you have kids? I hope not if you really think that. I have worked both daycares and pre school and they are pretty much the same. My kids are 12 and 13 and I never put them in "pre school" or daycare because it is HORRIBLE for children and both of my kids have always been a head of their classes. I give credit for not EVER putting my children through daycare/children insane asylum as well. Children at that age need to be in the care of their parents and if they want their kids to have a head start, they need to teach them at home where they get proper naps, food and attention. The pre schools I worked at there was always dramma. Children crying for their mothers, getting bit, pushed fighting for attention because there are too many 4-5 year olds to try to teach at once. They are at the age the dont know how yet to have "social skills" at their age. All they know how to do to communicate is scream, cry, throw things, bite, spit...the list goes on. The poor children are exhausted by the time their parents come and get them. Some parents only leave them for a couple hours thinking they are "socializing" their kids in turn all it's doing is making them ornery and stressed. The majority of the children stay 7 hour days or more because parents are working, so yes, it's a glorified daycare. Oh yes, Obama is an idiot for saying that, he does NOT care about anyones children...he want our guns and our freedom so he can take over...WAKE UP!

Alright, whose DL is this? ^

He can have my freedom and my guns as long as the FEMA camps put those kinds of people away for good.

Alright, whose DL is this? ^

He can have my freedom and my guns as long as the FEMA camps put those kinds of people away for good.
It reminds me of the recent 30 Rock show where Liz Lemon was seeking advice on the internet and kept getting called a Nazi.

“And if we do not, we will forever be known as the generation responsible for America’s decline.”

Nah, that would be the generation that blew all our wealth on highways and a pattern of urban development (low density sprawl) that doesn't generate the tax revenue required to support its infrastructure -- or the generation that ignored the oil crunches of the 1970s and started buying SUVs. Today's youth are heading into a world their grandparents sacked.

Nah, that would be the generation that blew all our wealth on highways and a pattern of urban development (low density sprawl) that doesn't generate the tax revenue required to support its infrastructure -- or the generation that ignored the oil crunches of the 1970s and started buying SUVs. Today's youth are heading into a world their grandparents sacked.

It's really the Baby Boomers who are responsible for that. They are the ones who brought in the modern era of conservatism. They brought us the Reagan Revolution, and everything that's gone wrong in America since can be traced directly back to that.

Didn't see the motor city madman anywhere, rumour was he was invited. They must have barred the doors.
I didn't see him either. But he's going wacky again:

Link to video.

Their dream is gun-free zones. That is where the most innocent lives are lost. What kind of subhuman mongrel would want more of that? These are dangerous people.

The President of the United States goes to the Vietnam Memorial Wall and pretends to honor 58,000 American heroes who died fighting communism. And then he hires, appoints, and associates with communists. He pretends to pay honor to men who died fighting communism, and then he hangs out with, hires, and appoints communists.

He is an evil dangerous man who hates America and hates freedom. And we need to fix this as soon as possible.
Most "innocent lives are lost" in "gun-free zones" when vastly more die in the homes of gun owners themselves due to domestic violence and accidents?

I love it when those who actually do hate the basic tenets which our country was founded think those who disagree with them are the haters. Good thing they aren't typically all that dangerous except to their own families.

Pre school is glorified daycare. You must be young to be this uninformed, although I think it is also common sense. Do you have kids? I hope not if you really think that. I have worked both daycares and pre school and they are pretty much the same. My kids are 12 and 13 and I never put them in "pre school" or daycare because it is HORRIBLE for children and both of my kids have always been a head of their classes. I give credit for not EVER putting my children through daycare/children insane asylum as well. Children at that age need to be in the care of their parents and if they want their kids to have a head start, they need to teach them at home where they get proper naps, food and attention. The pre schools I worked at there was always dramma. Children crying for their mothers, getting bit, pushed fighting for attention because there are too many 4-5 year olds to try to teach at once. They are at the age the dont know how yet to have "social skills" at their age. All they know how to do to communicate is scream, cry, throw things, bite, spit...the list goes on. The poor children are exhausted by the time their parents come and get them. Some parents only leave them for a couple hours thinking they are "socializing" their kids in turn all it's doing is making them ornery and stressed. The majority of the children stay 7 hour days or more because parents are working, so yes, it's a glorified daycare. Oh yes, Obama is an idiot for saying that, he does NOT care about anyones children...he want our guns and our freedom so he can take over...WAKE UP!

That may be nice for you, but some people have to work. They don't have time to spend all day watching their kids because they're busy earning enough money to keep them fed and clothed. Again. Entering 1st grade without knowing how to read puts that kid behind the rest of the class. In many inner city schools this gap is never bridged.

Welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom