Sunday's PAX talk (with summary of the info)

The main menu, for those who want it.

And boy do I hope there's an option to switch back.

This is just like Warlords compared to Baba Yetu. :p

Attachments

• Main Menu.jpg
    Main Menu.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 5,305
I'm shocked they didn't announce the last new civilization yet. We're sure we are getting one more, right? And they're not counting Spain as that additional one that we're all counting on? I believe I saw in a preview a while ago that there will now be 34 civilizations, and we already have 25 counting the DLC, so that would mean we are still getting one more, but I just am surprised they have bothered to leave just one unannounced still.

I'm shocked they didn't announce the last new civilization yet. We're sure we are getting one more, right? And they're not counting Spain as that additional one that we're all counting on? I believe I saw in a preview a while ago that there will now be 34 civilizations, and we already have 25 counting the DLC, so that would mean we are still getting one more, but I just am surprised they have bothered to leave just one unannounced still.

They've stated multiple times that Spain is NOT the 9th civ, so yes, there still is one more. I guess they still want to hold something back as a surprise.

1:39:29 -roughly, mouse scrolls over mystery improvement tile and shows as a new plantation resource with 4 food 7 gold

The Video
(demo begins at 1 hour 20 minutes)

Summary:
  • Carthage Trait is called Phoenician Heritage
  • Carthage UU is Quinquereme
  • Pantheons do not expand beyond borders
  • Composite bowman in the archer upgrade line.
  • African Forest elephent has strength of 14
  • At least two new resources - one looks like tea or something, other is the 'turtles
  • Columbo new city state - Merchantile
  • Milan new city state - Cultural
  • Order: Can purchase GE with faith
  • Autocracy: Can purchase GG with faith
  • Freedom: Can purchase GA with faith
  • Huns have Asian city style
  • "Global Quests": For example, first Civ to get X culture becomes the CS ally
  • New resource - Pigs
  • Haile_Selassie is the leader of Ethiopia
  • Ethiopian rifleman UU, "Mehal Safari"
  • Forest Elephant "strikes fear" into opponents and generates GGs faster
  • New diplomatic option is 'Adopt Embassy'
  • Freedom unlocks in the Industrial Era
  • Retire option on ingame menu

Thanks for contributions:
- Pouakai
- albie_123
- Cicero63
- seek

Images (low quality due to video, we're sorry):

Spoiler :

Thanks for this; it's really helpful.

But... and I'm sorry if this seems a little nitpicky... please, please, please can we spell it 'Colombo'? We are after all not talking about the detective. :D

Anyone manage to make out the Quinquerime's description? Its melee because it has no ranged strength (13 regular), but I can't make anything out beyond "only Carthage may build it" :(

Pausing over combat with the African forest elephant I noticed a 10 percent negative modifier on the swordsman when it had an extra elephant nearby. Did not appear on lone elephant charge, so African Forest Elephant seems to match Moai Warrior in effect, but only occurs as flanking bonus.

I believe that forest elpehants also cause GG to spawn faster.

Real quick:
African Forest Elephant:
Cost 67
Move 3
Strength 14
Replaces Horseman
Doesn't appear to require horses
Strikes Fear
Produces GGs quicker

Quinquereme
Cost 30
Move 4
Strength 13
Melee
Oddly enough, no unit replacement listed.

Attila speaks at 1:24:30 for those who want to figure it out.

Autocracy opener: -33% unit maintenance and "receive 10 culture as plunder for each point of culture produced in the conquered city." Not sure what that means exactly - seems very powerful though! Finisher is +25% attack bonus for 50 turns!

Edit - Order opener/finisher look unchanged.

Autocracy opener includes 10 culture pillaged for every 1 culture produced in city - 1:41:08 50 culture pillaged

Top Bottom