Sunday's PAX talk (with summary of the info)

The original debate was representing the Fins in World War II and calling it Sweden.

Actually, I was not sure what to call that rich mixture of culture. The point is when I think of the Finns WWII comes to mind. When I think of Sweden its Gustavus Adolphus and the Thirty Years War. Its Swedeland in my mind! :lol: I have been through all this before it was a bad idea, and takes something away from both of these nations that I respect. If they are going to be represented in CiV, they should be so seperately, you all are right about that. :)

The original debate is supposed to be about what was dicussed at PAX last Sunday and a summary of info. What I think about that is this...I felt GnK was given a backseat to those other games. Alhough, I understand why. They do not want to tell us everything and they shouldn't. It is more exciting to here it little by little. I look everyday for something new. Lately, I have struck out. 2K Greg should be telling us more soon. Sorry for babbling on.

I kinda agree nokmirt, but I think the other games were brand new, they weren't expansion packs. I'm pretty sure had God and Kings been a full game released with Vanilla, then it would get way more coverage.

I figure there's about 20 more bits of info that they can give us in the next two months.

unknowns
1/9 new civs (with leader, UU, other U, and UA)
3/8 final UA's for known civs
4/27 new units (including unknown UUs)
7/13 new buildings

plus the some of the mechanics of religion and espionage, and the list of enhancer Beliefs
edit: and changes to existing civs, units, and buildings

I figure there's about 20 more bits of info that they can give us in the next two months.

unknowns
1/9 new civs (with leader, UU, other U, and UA)
3/8 final UA's for known civs
4/27 new units (including unknown UUs)
7/13 new buildings

plus the some of the mechanics of religion and espionage, and the list of enhancer Beliefs
edit: and changes to existing civs, units, and buildings

I also hope they give us some gameplay between now and some info on the reworked AI. But, if not we'll find out as we play. In the game now, the AI spawns too many cannons and not enough infantry. I hope that comes to and end. The other thing I see is the AI putting decent units in the water that simply get sunk.:lol: The new naval rules should help alleviate the vulnerabilty of embarked units, but still the AI hopefully will refrain from doing obviously stupid things like that.

June 19th, I will have a nice cup of coffee at the ready for a great first game. I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, or drink. Any of you guys playing on diety for your first game? MadDjinn will have his first LP up asap then, I'll watch that in between. Probably him and Wainy, they are both very good at explaining things. as they play. Anyway for my first game, I am going down one level to king.

Not everything is going to inspire the same kind of rabid analysis and speculation as others, so it might me meted out less carefully. I would add that we also need the revised tech tree.

None the less, 20 major items over 10 weeks. That's 2 per week or more likely 4 every 2 weeks. Things get pretty grouchy around here when we go about 3 weeks without the info fix. I would imagine the last civ will be revealed in early June to give us just enough time to get revved up about it without losing steam.

I am slightly disappointed that Destroyers will be Melee units.

How can you bomb shores, units and cities now ? Battleships are really expensive, they have no air defense and they are slow. Frigates will be out powered in a matter of few turns.

I also hope that the bug reporting land attacks promotions for submarines will be fixed.

I am slightly disappointed that Destroyers will be Melee units.

How can you bomb shores, units and cities now ? Battleships are really expensive, they have no air defense and they are slow.

I also hope that the bug reporting land attack for submarine will be fixed.

By having a few battleships protected by destroyers. Combined forces and all that.

You don't expect the game to make it easy for you, do you?

By having a few battleships protected by destroyers. Combined forces and all that.

You don't expect the game to make it easy for you, do you?

Usually my wars may depend on one or two well managed naval unit. How can you easily talk about few Battleships sorrounded by Destroyers ? 6-10 naval units require too much resources both to build and to maintain them, at least for me.

Usually my wars may depend on one or two well managed naval unit. How can you easily talk about few Battleships sorrounded by Destroyers ? 6-10 naval units require too much resources both to build and to maintain them, at least for me.

I think they will be extremely powerful as opposed to land units, they already move faster than melee units.

Top Bottom