team pitboss

Earthling, is it still considered a gift if we "ask politely" (threaten)?

The idea is definately appealing, I hope I have enough time on my hands to join in.

I downloaded and tried out the perfectworld script for the first time yesterday and it keeps crashing my computer everytime I try to generate a map with it. Any ideas?

Works for me... just need to make sure you restart civ (if you have it running) after copying it into your Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps folder (otherwise it does crash, but only the first time).

I have noticed it runs pretty slowly on my PC though.. it takes a while to generate maps, and it did crash when trying to build a huge one (I gave up after 10 mins). Does it work any better if you try to generate a tiny or duel map?

On a completely different note... I have another pitboss game looking for a replacement, in a 2v2v2v2 Inland Sea game. (1170AD but mostly pre-gunpowder).

http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=1019

The spot going is the current #2 spot (the civs marked tp1 and tp2) in a good position. Any takers?

Sorry - I had to reload the server after accidentally pulling the plug on my external hard drive and triggering a crash.

All back up now with 24 hours still on the clock.

Niklas - you were the last to log in, so I used your autosave. You'll have to replay your turn though I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Munro

No worries, it's not like it took me an hour to play... :mischief:

Back on topic.... :). I'm not sure how these things come around so quickly, but I am going to be away for about five weeks, and leaving the server on autopilot. (I'll still be able to play my turns remotely for a few more weeks at least).

Sadly, after a precautionary server reboot before leaving this morning, I forgot to restart civstats. :sad:

I'll try to have someone at home restart it manually, but in the meantime, the game is up, but civstats is not. Sorry!

I think the simplest thing to do would be to upgrade to 3.19 at the same time the MTDG does, or when Munro gets home, whichever comes last.

I won't be able to upgrade the pitboss server for another 5+ weeks.

However, are you sure that the V3.19 pitboss app. will be able to load a V3.17 save? We shouldn't commit to upgrading until I've had a chance to verify that.

And there will be lots of other pitboss games all upgrading (if at all) at different times. Maybe we should just play this one out at V3.17. We can each create a dual install if needed (very easy to do).

Maybe it is an option to take a break for vacation? I know Munro, me and geronimo are going away for some time at least..

For those that missed it, it is a new turn, probably like 37 hours left atm.

Yeah, just played my turn, but probably it's a good idea, if the last player of a turn posts this here, so the others know when it's time to play the next one...

Yeah, just played my turn, but probably it's a good idea, if the last player of a turn posts this here, so the others know when it's time to play the next one...

We should definately do that while civstats is down.

About 41 hours left on the clock.

Top Bottom