Term 1 Election - Foriegn Minister:Runoff.

The winner is...

• croxis

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Emp.Napoleon

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

classical_hero

In whom I trust
Please vote for a candidate to be the foreign minister of Fanatica part two, since we had a tie. The candidates are:

croxis
Emp.Napoleon

The poll is private and will remain open for 72 hours. Link to the first Election thread. Good luck to the candidates!

EDIT. The winner of this poll better tell us what to say to other team on how we want to be contacted via here I would assume that we would do it via our email address at first and then we might tell of other methods later.

Sorry people, shocking as this may be to some of you but i have a life outside cfc :D i'd have posted this sooner otherwise.

I guess the president should do it..if he doesnt post a poll I will later.

Question for both of you... Since we may not meet anyone..What will you do to keep yourself busy?
AND
Lets suppose another civ gives us information about a third civ that they are located in a certain area and preparing an attack on us. Would you suggest an attack on the 3rd civ first or would you wait for them to attack first?

/hard to answer by just give me your thought process on the issue.

I'll address the second question first.

There are several factors involved that need to be considered. In general I am an advocate to pursue peaceful solutions with the third nation. The next factor is the current reputation of the two other nations, followed by previous relationships we had with them in previous games. To supplement this I would request evidence from the second civ to support their 'warning' - be it screenshots (when we have paper) or chat logs.

I would say in most situations I would argue a case for either actively pursuing a peaceful solution, or prepare for a possible invasion by building up the military at home. Pursuing a pre-emptive strike is an option I would only argue for if the military commanders can assure me and the people that we have a strong chance of victory for the operation (whatever that may be) with an exit strategy just in case, OR if the will of the people and government prompt me to fulfill my civic duty by a poll.

To keep a productive office I also plan on appointing a diplomat to be ready when we achieve first contact (when I read that from Emp I hit my head on the desk to how blatantly obvious it was). The drama about the map suggest that this could possibly be relatively soon. As the extent of a diplomats power was intentionally left out of the constitution it becomes important to begin the conversation with all of you on the extent of power a diplomat will posses.

I guess the president should do it..if he doesnt post a poll I will later.

Question for both of you... Since we may not meet anyone..What will you do to keep yourself busy?
AND
Lets suppose another civ gives us information about a third civ that they are located in a certain area and preparing an attack on us. Would you suggest an attack on the 3rd civ first or would you wait for them to attack first?

/hard to answer by just give me your thought process on the issue.

To keep busy I will begin to collect intelligence on the other teams. In the ISDG II Duck of Flanders made a major list of all the other term’s other players and their info and anything else we knew about them. My assistant and I will work on this list involving who is in office, their location (for time zone reasons,) any ISDG experience, etc. In addition I will transport all of my notes on CivBrasil from the old (still secret) form and move them into this database. During this project, all will need to help since I don’t leave the ISDG often and others may have played with these guys in succession games etc.

For the second question, I believe it depends on if we know their targets and if our 2nd party is willing to help. If they could pass on information (like CDG did in the MSDG did with us and GCA) about what cities they will attack and their routs, I say bring them to our land, a defensive war is always better if we are prepared. With this information we will be able to launch a good counteroffensive and leave them unprepared. If we know they are coming, we can choose the battlefields and our guys will heal better.

But I am not, nor ever will be a good general. The chances of all of this information coming in this exact are possible, just unlikely. I will let those more experienced make the decision about this. But in the end, if we know we are going to be attacked, I would rather take the slight diplomatic reputation loss then risk losing land. When everyone knows they were preparing to attack us anyways, our diplomatic status will be restored.

Well i could finally vote to end the tie...... but both of them are 2 very good candidates so i may be forced to abstain again. I cant think of any questions so you 2 got anything to sway my mind?

I think we need to add a tie breaker to the ruleset..somethign other than another vote

well after one run off..... the officers that were elected get together and decide.... OR... dump it on highest official elected (pres/domes/for/UN)

Yeah I know feelings may get hurt but if you end in a tie twice..odds are you wont break it. And if you go that long without an officer..things could start happening.

RegentMan said:
Here's another question to the candidates: how heavily will you rely on/use ambassadors?

They will be advisors to me on foreign policy. While I will be the main person to set it, if a citizen wants to have a vote on something I would be obliged to follow a poll as long as it is efficient. They will be the main points of contact and will always be ready to accept foreign nationals. Of course, since some people sleep, I will always try to be available whenever I can. They will assist in intelligence gathering on who is holding office, how many active players, etc during all diplomatic chats.

They will present treaties and help write them. Depending on the situation they will usually do most of the talking at chats, however I will keep a CFC only channel going and we will all talk there (does not mean no one else can talk.)

I would like ambassadors who do not live in the same time zone as I (PST.) This way we can always have someone from the FM ready to go.

Darn you Emp, I was going to say something along those lines! *shakes fist*

I'm a PST person too =P

Anyways, pardon all the spelling and grammatical errors. Its late at night and I can't sleep do to the heat we are having right now.

The ambassadors will be very important to me, as this will be my first minister position (I was an ambassador for the MTDG, but this was years ago). The first ambassadors selected will also be based on their past experiences with the multi-site games, even if they are in the same timezone ;). I very much do welcome advice from those who done all this before.

Due to the world wide nature of the internet I think it is important that the entire Foreign Office works together and supports each other. While I think it is vital that the ambassador develops a strong and knowledgeable relationship with their contacts, I also think that it is important that the office responds quickly and accurately even if another member of the office just responds with "we received your message and <insert name> will respond when they are available."

I also would like to give the ambassadors a good deal of autonomy, allowing them to negotiate minor deals based on current foreign policy(but still report them back to our nation). Obviously this particular point should be discussed and accepted by the people and government but I feel it will give the ambassadors a little bit more to do and prevent us from being bogged down in endless polls.

I think the tie braker should be whoever have the most quote entries in my quote book on the chatroom :mischief:

Well, they can share the huge workload. 1/2 x 0 still equals 0 :) No, I don't know how to split it... maybe you two could play a duel quick deathmatch to decide? :)

Sweetacshon said:
Well, they can share the huge workload. 1/2 x 0 still equals 0 :) No, I don't know how to split it... maybe you two could play a duel quick deathmatch to decide? :)
If there is still a tie at the end, then the only way to settle this is by rock/paper/sissors. :yeah:

classical_hero said:
If there is still a tie at the end, then the only way to settle this is by rock/paper/sissors. :yeah:

I am a BIG rock paper scissors decisoin makign guy....

I like it..a PM version..they PM 3 officals their choice. Then we announce the winner. Man now thats the way all decsiosn should be made.

Incidentally....My wife and I have used (ocassionally) rock,paper, scissors to see who has to change the diapers. I used it recently to settle a dispute in my Youth group I was head of. No one can argue....no skill no favoritism...just pure chance.

I want to include it in our code of laws as a tie breaker

In fact we shoud name our next three cites "rock", "paper" and "scissors". That will delay us arguing over names for at least a month.

Top Bottom