The 2024 US Presidential Election

You guys need to learn how to debate without being douchebags and insulting the other person with sideways comments.
Like when you suggested someone should have a run-in with "Venezuelan gangsters"? :D

Very nice, very not racially-coded at all.

6/10, too obvious buddy, sorry. Good entertainment value though.

Thinking about policy is the most important thing.
Which of the policies adopted as part of the RNC's platform in 2020 would have seen us through the 2021-4 challenges better than Biden's policies have?

At one point in time, during 2022-2023, I started to buy in to the arguments against Trump and Republican logic. So much so, that I felt free and victorious against my supposedly horrible, homophobic, white-priveleged and racist self.

Can you tell us more about this period of your life? Why did you see yourself as racist? What thoughts or beliefs or actions of yours were you encouraged to regard as racist? In what did you understand your privilege to consist? Why did you see yourself as homophobic? What was your life like before 2022 in these respects? How had you previously not been aware of these qualities? If the period during which you called them into question lasted only a year, then it sounds like these forms of self-interrogation had no lasting effect; is that right? Why, if your main feeling during that time was to feel "free and victorious" have you abandoned the things that made you have that feeling?

Last edited:
He activated the FDR's New Deal to protect agriculture after he picked a trade war, ostensibly, to encourage (expensive)real production to return to within the continental US. No farm bill since 2018. Surrrrprise.

The bouge absolutely despise him for this. Undercut it at every opportunity. Now we can't even outproduce Russia on artillery. Derp. Stock market is high though. Hooooraaaaay! CEO compensation ranging into 1500:1 against average salaries. Good show, good show. How dem airplanes flying? How's the witness testmony goin<bang>
He also;
Removed rural development from USDA mission, pushed for massive cuts to rural broadband grants, mental health services, and Single Family Housing Direct Loans subsidies, proposed axing the Appalachian Regional Commission, and proposed a 97% cut to the Rural Business Cooperative Service in his 2021 budget. Farm bankruptcy filings rose 25% from 2018 to 2019 because all he protected was big agriculture with his policy. It goes on and on. Part of the meatpacking market concentration issue we have was made worse by him loosening a bunch of pricing and negotiating restrictions they had.

9 questions to turn it into a personal criticism thread
I object to this. He adduced this personal experience as bearing on his political views.

He also;
Removed rural development from USDA mission, pushed for massive cuts to rural broadband grants, mental health services, and Single Family Housing Direct Loans subsidies, proposed axing the Appalachian Regional Commission, and proposed a 97% cut to the Rural Business Cooperative Service in his 2021 budget. Farm bankruptcy filings rose 25% from 2018 to 2019 because all he protected was big agriculture with his policy. It goes on and on. Part of the meatpacking market concentration issue we have was made worse by him loosening a bunch of pricing and negotiating restrictions they had.

Speaking of meatpacking, he also did this:

I object to this. He adduced this personal experience as bearing on his political views.

So what, everybody's personal experience has a bearing on their personal views.

You might have asked him a single question, or two; as to why he doesn't buy into the arguments against Trump and Republic logic.

But nine questions?

If he'd given you nine answers, the posters here would take him to task on each and every one until the mods closed the thread for bickering.

Speaking of meatpacking, he also did this:

Much the same happened in the UK and parts of the EU.

There is a whole topic as to why Covid spread rapidly among workers at meat plants, but that is a separate topic.

But the thing is they decided not to close the food industry down because people had to eat or die.

Ah, but you see. Trump and MAGA can call Democrats every slur from pedophile to marxist to traitor. That's their god given right.
But at the same time, they love to complain how Democrats are so very mean to Trump and MAGA.

And they praise the imbecile when he comes up with those brilliant nicknames like crooked Joe, birdbrain Haley or Newscum.
They're a cult. You can't reason with them.

And when anybody, on his or her own volition, cites it, I regard it as fair game to ask about it.

But nine questions?
Those were the ones that occurred to me as clarifying the experience he says he had.

Naturally, he is free to answer any or all or none, as he decides will help me understand that period of his life.

I'll try to remember for the future, though, that you are someone who would find nine questions a burdensome number to answer and will try to make sure that I ask you fewer than nine.

Last edited:
I make ~1/4th a Chicago Public School Teacher's wage, with no insurance or fancy retirement withholding. But they're a creature of pity and the American Farmer is a product of settler society that needs to be torn down.

And a Chicago public school teacher's wage is a millionth of what rich diphorsehockys make. Statements like yours suggest you would prefer if they had nothing ? Republicans lawmakers want everyone that isn't superwealthy to live in poverty, the democrats have apparently made one of the non superwealthy part of the population less poor : that seems better.
You could advocate that things like UBI and universal healthcare would be much better to ensure that people like you also have basic things, but I assure you that none of that has any chance of happening within the republican party.

And a Chicago public school teacher's wage is a millionth of what rich diphorsehockys make. Statements like yours suggest you would prefer if they had nothing ? Republicans lawmakers want everyone that isn't superwealthy to live in poverty, the democrats have apparently made one of the non superwealthy part of the population less poor : that seems better.
You could advocate that things like UBI and universal healthcare would be much better to ensure that people like you also have basic things, but I assure you that none of that has any chance of happening within the republican party.

EOfoJH4WoAAeM-K.jpg
(Replace "foreigner" with "Chicago public school teacher")

Also, it's not "the Democrats" who have done this for the Chicago teachers, it's their union! Ask Farm Boy how he feels about labor unions.

Unlocking myself from the liberal-left echo chamber helped a bit.
how large is this echo chamber?

You might have asked him a single question, or two; as to why he doesn't buy into the arguments against Trump and Republic logic.

But nine questions?

If he'd given you nine answers, the posters here would take him to task on each and every one until the mods closed the thread for bickering.
this is ridiculous. if that guy wants to make himself the high arbiter of the situation, we're welcome to question him.

unladen, at that.

Which of the policies adopted as part of the RNC's platform in 2020 would have seen us through the 2021-4 challenges better than Biden's policies have?
not intentionally violating the constitution many times over would be nice. between lockdowns, osha abuse, and conspiring with big tech as agents to suppress speech, biden admin has far surpassed trump in flagrantly violating rights.

trump admin was marginally better at that. but he did oversee the bump stock ban etc, so just less so.

It was a trick question, TMIT. And you didn't even answer the question that it was, to boot.

You're off to your usual good start when you jump into these threads. Good to see you back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom