The Africa Thread

It’s been a while since Egypt’s military has been battle-tested, but historically the victories have been few in number from the wars I can recall.

Ethiopian Ambassador Mukhtar Mohamed was sent home for consultations, the office of Somalia’s prime minister said on Thursday. Mogadishu is also shutting down Ethiopia’s consulates in Hargeisa, the largest city and capital of Somaliland, and Garowe, the capital city of the semi-autonomous region of Puntland.

“The plain interference of Ethiopia’s government in the internal affairs of Somalia is a violation of the independence and sovereignty of Somalia,” Somalia’s prime minister’s office said in a statement.

In a brief statement on X, Somalia’s Foreign Minister Ali Omar added that Mohamed had been given 72 hours to leave the country. “Somalia stands firm on its sovereignty,” he wrote. “Our resolve in protecting our territory is steadfast.”

My sister and friends playing dress-ups in Morocco during art/photography tours she conducts.
rita1.jpg

abdou.png

Is that a real business? One that supports her or a group of people?
Yes, she lives there for 6 months with her partner and 6 months back in Australia.
I didn't mention the name of the business or any other details so I thought it would be Ok. Please remove if it's not allowed and accept my apologies.

Your post is fine. Good niche marketing on her part. Making a living doing what you love in places you want to be is especially nice. :)

Your post is fine. Good niche marketing on her part. Making a living doing what you love in places you want to be is especially nice. :)
Covid hit the country very hard, but it has bounced back.

The third business partner is an Amazigh (Berber) guide whose family live in the Atlas Mountains. He is the one who convinced the other two it was a good niche business. He also arranges all the stop-off places where they can visit local artisans, stay overnight etc.

They usually have an invited arty/crafty expert: e.g. textiles, jewellery making, photography, painting, drawing.
Most of the tour members are retired art teachers from Australia, UK, US and Japan.

The worst group they had were self-entitled 30somethings from North Sydney, who sighed loudly every time they couldn't get their favourite brand of sparkling mineral water. On the edge of the Sahara, in some place with accommodation for 20!

After the earthquake, only one person has cancelled a booking: an American who wanted to know if there would be an earthquake in October 2025. Hrmmph!

pm me a link please.

Top Bottom