The first patch is out

Any word on the next patch?

2nd Civ - as soon as territory sighted, when leaderhead of new Civ generally pops up - BANG ... complete PC crash. Tried 3 times - same result; tried avoiding & going to meet another new Civ - same reult.

This was happening to me when I first got Warlords when I'd meet Mehmed, although I think it was a CTD, not a full PC crash. Happened over and over again every time I'd meet him for the first time. Anyway, the problem at that point was that the Mehmed leaderhead animation file was corrupted and/or missing. Someone eventually posted a mod to fix it, and then I believe it was 2.08 that officially fixed the issue.

Might be something similar?

European and Americans playing BTS in multiplayer get a weird message that the European "has different versions of some files, verify that it is a trusted player", but can play without problems.

Apparently the 3.02 patch doesn't _completely_ resolve differences in the versions! :D

It could also be because some are using BlueMarble and some are not. I had a problem like that with Warlords, where I could no longer play ladder games cause people thought I was cheating but it was just BlueMarble and I couldn't uninstall it without wiping everything out.

I can't get the patch to work.

When I run the installer, i get a popup that says:

The setup has detected that no version of Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond The Sword is installed.

This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed.

Of course, I do have a previous (and working) version installed. What gives?

according from the info i've got, it does do something more then just fixing EU/USA sync problems and actually does include some bugfixes..however, can't get a 100% confirmation on that, not that i really care now the BtS team has shown what a marvelous team of programmers firaxis got into the house! No offense to the old team and the ones that left firaxis, but the new guys are doing a hell of a job!!

THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!
oh yeah, running 1600turn, Huge map, 36civs, Marathon game
next turns take around 30sec/turn
it's the fastest civ i've ever seen! Double Thumbs for the BtS team!

Where can I download that map????

Yes, this patch changes .exe file so who have pirate version won't play.

Someting weird. When I try to update my copy of BtS with the option in the main menu, the game freezes.

When updating, make sure you have your firewall turned off before starting the game or set your firewall to allow BtS to connect to the internet. If CivIV can't connect when you try to update or play multiplayer, it will freeze.

I get a CTD every time I attempt to load from an autosave point now, since I patched. Prior to the patch, I had no problems.

Anyone else have a problem with Space Mod (Final Frontier?!?)? My explored teritory shows up offset from my planet and ships. When first starting, planet is in the black fog of war, but about 8 cells West and 2 North, there is a grid of exposed space. Moving my ship out to the West, keeps the ship in the unexposed fog of war, but shows more in the area that is already exposed West of where I have started. It is very wierd. I tried to just play with it, but it really makes things confusing.

I can't get the patch to work.

When I run the installer, i get a popup that says:

Of course, I do have a previous (and working) version installed. What gives?

Perhaps you moved your install directory around and now the registry entries don't match. Easiest solution is to reinstall everything (you can still keep your saves directory of course)

I really hope you speak the truth. But it sounds a bit bogus to me. The CIV 4 series does not use the DVD at all. Only ONCE during startup for copy check. After that it never activates. So there is no need for pirate version at all.
He's right. I play games with my son & after the first one starts the game, the other takes the disk & the first never has it in the drive again beyond load screens (until exit & restart of course).

Odd a "civfanatic" would not have realized this long ago, except because they'e never played with an actual CD in their drive?

Top Bottom