The Grand Campaign! an IOT EUIV game

Angst

Rambling and inconsistent

~

* The Grand Campaign! *
an IOT EUIV game

~​

Let's play an EUIV campaign!
IOT Fight! Or not. Whatever you want to do. I have all DLCs save American Dream and the Byzantium DLC, so most of the world should be interesting to play. I've been wanting to do this for a long time so I'm really excited about it. I've thought of some general rules thingies for how we're going to do this so we don't implode.

Practical information
Contrary to what I previously assumed, Paradox has stated that the game only really supports 12 players online. This is not a hard limit but probably has to do with game stability and performance. [Source] So I'm going to cap the game at 12 players. The game will be hosted a few hours during Saturday nights every two to three weeks, European time. 7 PM GMT+1 is probably when we'll start. Here's a map of the world's time zones.

Session dates are to be planned communally about a month ahead, making sure as many as possible are able to partake in the sessions. We are going to plan the first couple of sessions in this thread and then make polls every once in a while for people to decide on future dates.

The game session
Each session is going to be run through unless noone shows up. I know this may cause a bad taste in your mouth if you can't manage a date, but the game is so long we can't reasonably skip sessions, also community games like this tends to die if we skip sessions too much. I'm saying this from experience. Understand too that I'm reserving time during my weekends, as host I don't expect to skip a single session. When I reserve my time this way, I'm not going to waste it. :)

Players may only play the nation they have selected. We can change nations but we have to figure that out on a case to case basis. I expect to run the game between game speed 2 and 4, where 2 is the default - we're allowed to bump it up to 4 if everyone agrees. We'll probably take a few short breaks during a session. I can normally run a session up to six hours, it depends on what we agree on for each session.

If a player leaves the community game, others can replace him up to the ceiling of 12 people.

Stories & save games
Something I probably don't have the time for myself but would really want to see is for people to write updates of what happens during each session. Also I'm planning to upload each save game after each session because why not.

Signing up
If you want to play, post a reply to this thread whether you are able to play the 16th or 30th of April. You may choose more than one. If we get 12 players for a day, that will be the first session. Otherwise we'll figure it out.

Also no country claims yet. Also no custom nations for this game. You can talk about what you want to play if you want to, but I want to organize the claims properly and haven't thought out a system yet. Here's a list of all countries as of 1.14. (We are going to play the 1.15 version.) Some of them aren't available in the beginning, but I don't know a good interactive map to explore outside the game itself.

People of Venice.

I cannot run EU4, so I have a wish.

Someone take Venice, and take over Constantinople in the next ~100 years.

I'd like to play but my work schedule doesn't go that far ahead.

I'd like to play but my work schedule doesn't go that far ahead.

Aw crap. The whole point of being ahead was to make sure people could plan properly. But your interest is duly noted. If enough people have this issue we'll plan within a closer time frame, or just make it a regular thing (say, every two weeks) rather than planning each time, and then people can show up.

Figuring out the right date for the first session is still important though.

Interested, but timezone trouble. :p

Joan is interested and after The Great Betrayal I'm not sure we can play together anymore.
Also I can't play anyway until after exams :p

I can probably make these if being an hour or so late is allowed sometimes I think.

I'd love to play. I'm open either of those days (work schedule may change). Means I have to wake up at like 3am, but whatever. Main issue though is that I might have some hefty latency issues.

I wanna play!

When is the next big update coming? Maybe we should wait for it before we start?

I am interested.

Edit: I can make literally any day.

I can probably make these if being an hour or so late is allowed sometimes I think.

Being late every once in a while isn't a problem, as EUIV has the hotjoin function.

I wanna play!

When is the next big update coming? Maybe we should wait for it before we start?

The next DLC has been announced, but it hasn't gotten a date set yet, so I think we're good. I don't want to wait half a year with this game even if the DLC comes out then :)

Joan is interested and after The Great Betrayal I'm not sure we can play together anymore.
Also I can't play anyway until after exams :p

:(

Scottany 5ever

The next DLC has been announced, but it hasn't gotten a date set yet, so I think we're good. I don't want to wait half a year with this game even if the DLC comes out then :)

Yeah, the big updates usually came with DLC's.

Well I am pretty much available at both times.

What's the DLC situation? Do we need to have everything, or will we use whatever everyone has (I'm still missing Cossacks)?

The host's DLC is used when it comes to multiplayer sessions. Not everyone needs all.

Really! Did not know that. That's pretty neat.

Scottany 6ever

Top Bottom