Votes: 263 54.8%
  • Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Man, I have terrible mistakes signing RoP’s with the Swedes, Norwegians, Dutch and Danes, in addition to the Romanians (needed) and the Greeks ( helping fight the Bolsheviks). All of the AI units are clogging up my roads, but the worst thing is the turns are taking forever now watching all of their units move through Russia!
It’s all because of the empty Barbarian encampments, I will have to either make a bunch of mountains (impassable) or add sea terrain to eastern Russia and the Sahara to speed the game up and cut down on the encampment.

In any case, the Bolsheviks have proven they belong in the scenario as even just being a nuisance makes it more interesting.

Recommendations:
1. Retain culture on capture makes it pretty easy on the offense, but perhaps it shouldn’t be there since it’s WWI.
2. Light Artillery unit has no sound.
3. Armored Car unit has no sound.
4. Why is it that only the cities on the Kama River can build ports for Russia?
5. Should these cities on the Kama River even be allowed to build ports and ship units, since they can’t go anywhere?
6. Just started playing with the French and the sound of their Infantry unit is very weird.
7. Lots of Civs are building Guerrilla units, these should be upgraded to all Infantry so that the different Empires are not building them.
8. Create different Entente and Alliance versions for single players.

Last edited:
New game as Britain. Sid Level because playing as the Brits, it could be too easy.

This is the Entente version I created to even the playing field with the AI. Reduced the French by like 20-25 infantry, Belgians and Serbians by a bit too. Increased German immobile defenders. Removed Arras, Chalons and Versailles. Added Lille, Troyes and Dijon. Added Stuutgart, Bromberg for Germany and Aqaba for the Turks. I blocked the Italians from traveling up to France, but the Brits and French still have a path to go to Italy though. Also made the Guerrillas upgrade to Infantry, so the big civs aren't wasting shields building them. Remove Light Machine Guns from the big civs who already have infantry with the same stats.

Week 30 1914
British Military units
2 Combat Engineers
50 British Infantry 10-12-1
2 Cavalry 8-?-3
2 Entente Machine Gun 1-15-1
3 Armored Cars 10-5-1
36 Garrison (Immobile) 0-12-0
2 Corps (Army)
3 Light Artillery

10 Marines 10-6-1
5 Transports
10 Pre-Dreadnoughts
13 Submarines
15 Destroyers
20 Dreadnoughts
14 Armored Cruisers
11 Light Cruisers
7 Battlecruisers
10 Coastal Mines
10 Naval Mines

4 Observation Planes

Population: 50,327,000 3rd
Land Area: 83,500 3rd

So obviously need to start building Artillery units, but this time I will limit any attacking force to 8-10 units due to AI FairPlay and the availability of the Flamethrower unit with the 15-5-1 stats and I am building these in mass throughout the land along with Arty.

In Belgium/France area, I’m hoping to just observe the German advance for a bit. With the reduced Entente units, I’m hoping they can capture Lille and most of Belgium. Afterwards, I want to take back all of Belgium and move directly east towards Essen, Bremen, Hamburg and Hanover, eventually culminating in Berlin. :D

BE-1914-30a.jpg

In the Mediterranean, I want to use my ready to sail units stationed in Alexandria to attack Dede-Agach in Bulgaria first, then advance on the rest of Bulgaria before advancing on Constantinople. :goodjob: This should relieve some pressure for the Serbians. I beefed up the Galipoli peninsula and so I want no part of that area. Once that has been settled in Europe, I’ll be able to advance to Jerusalem and connect with the Arabs to conquer the rest of the Middle East. :smug: I don’t think I have enough units in Kuwait to really attempt a capture of any Iraqi cities, but I will still bombard them with Arty.

BE-1914-30b.jpg

Week 52 1914

North Sea
I made quite a few major blunders in the North Sea against Germans... :blush:
  1. I accidentally blocked the French Navy at Calais twice and they attempted to go around the Irish Sea before coming back around, this delaying their help.
  2. Moved the units by type instead of putting them all together, so the Germans were able to pick off the weaker defenders.
  3. Moved too far ahead into the open waters without confirming the German Navy locations, which allowed the Germans to find us before finding them and putting us at a disadvantage.
  4. Once I got to begin bombarding Bremen, I left a grouping fortified for a whole turn, allowing the Germans to hit them twice.
The British Navy has been reduced dramatically. I have a total of 12 war ships, I started the war with 90!!! :eek: But also, the combined forces of the French and British have pretty much taken control of the North Sea now with hardly a German ship on sight, I even spotted a couple of Russian ships getting in on the fun. The bombardment of Bremen and Hamburg shall commence.

Belgium
Moved my BEF units to Belgium and began reinforcing them with powerful Flamethrower and Light Arty units. Witnessed Liege and Antwerp fall to the Germans. I decided against taking any action as I wanted to see the French and German AI fight a little bit. And indeed I think there are still too many starting French units in the Entente version, as they were able to push the Germans out of the Ypres area. But the consequence to me is that my British units were completely trapped by all of the French and Belgian units on a tile next to Ypres with to clear path to Antwerp. And I really wanted Antwerp, so I could move units in and out of the continent easily. So with nowhere to go I just continued to wait for several turns until a path was created and I could have a go at the Germans. I noticed the French were using Artillery very well!, but I can’t really see if the Germans are too.

After a while of getting bored I decided to just evacuate all of my forces back to England and look for a spot in the Netherlands where I could land. But then at Week 46, the French were able to breakthrough and capture Antwerp, but they immediately lost it back to the Germans right after. Unfortunately for them, they had sent a bunch of warships to Antwerp which were destroyed when the Germans came right back in! This however gave me some hope, that a path might be created to Antwerp.

At Week 48 the French were able to capture Antwerp again. This time they held on for at a full turn, before getting pushed back by the Germans when they recaptured Antwerp. There were still a ton of units in the area.

At Week 52, the French managed to capture Antwerp for the 3rd time! :wow: But once again the Germans were able to recapture it on the same turn. This time however, after all of the attacks both forces were pretty much spent! And there was now an open path to Antwerp where we could advance on the ground. I had already evacuated around half of the force to England, but I was able to move into the tile next to Antwerp with the remaining and started up loading up my Transports with the rest of the units to go back to Belgium! It's go time!!! :ar15:

BE-1914-52.jpg

France
I sent some units to observe the Alsace-Lorraine area and noticed the Germans had eliminated all of the French units from their Barricades, but they didn’t advance into the area. The Barricades were empty! The path to Nancy and Besancon is open, but the German AI isn’t going for it. I removed all roads on those Barricades and also because they are Barricades, maybe the AI thinks it’s a waste of 2 turns? Definitely adding roads back again in this area, possibly just using Fortresses instead of Barricades.

Italy
I also sent some units to observe the Italian- Austrian front and noticed a ridiculous amount of Arty the Austrians are using on Venice. I think Venice will fall eventually over here for sure! :sad: The Italians are using almost all Cavalry units, maybe their Infantry is really weak?

Mediterranean
I’ve got 2 Transports with a 3rd and 4th being built in Egypt, that I plan to load up and travel to Aegean Sea. Building a bunch of Light Artillery as well to support the eventual assault on Bulgaria and Constantinople. I am definitely not going through the Dardanelles, lesson learned from history!

By Week 40 I was ready to go, but then the Turkish Sipahi began attacking Port Said and I had to disembark some units to deal with that! And then they just kept coming and coming. :gripe: I have been rush building units in Egypt for quite some time and I gotta keep it up now. By the end of 1914, I think I am very close to setting sail at last. But the situation in Port Said is dire, as a Turkish Arty group has reduced the town to rubble. Unfortunate, as this town was actually very productive! :mad:

Also had the Spaniards threaten me with war! I declined their extortion attempt and they backed down. Could be an interesting twist if I have to spend some resources in Gibraltar. This would also drag the French away from Belgium. I am actually hoping to decide to attack Gibraltar! I’ve got my Infantry and Artillery units ready for them there.

Iraq
The Turks right from the beginning began sending units into the swamps outside of Basra, then their Arty units showed up and began destroying Improvements. I sent a group of 10 units to take them out and it was a disaster, we lost half of our guys, eliminating only 1 Turkish unit. So I retreated back to Basra. Rushed some Light Arty for defense and now building an Airport in the hope I can Airlift some Flamethrower units out here.

In other developments, the Albanians declared war on the Greeks on week 46, then the Montenegrins declared was on the Greeks in Week 50! :yup:

Week 2 1915
British Military units
1 Worker
2 Combat Engineers
55 British Infantry
1 Cavalry
36 Flamethrowers
2 Entente Machine Gun
3 Armored Cars
35 Garrison (Immobile)
2 Corps (Army)
26 Light Artillery

10 Marines
7 Transports
0 Pre-Dreadnoughts
0 Submarines
1 Destroyers
1 Dreadnoughts
4 Armored Cruisers
2 Light Cruisers
4 Battlecruisers
3 Coastal Mines
7 Naval Mines

3 Observation Planes

Population: 33,417,000 2nd
Land Area: 81,600 3rd

Have a healthy number of offensive Flamethrowers to go on the attack. Need to build some more Cavalry to take out the lone straggler enemy units, don't want waste Flamethrowers on them. Gotta rebuild my Navy too and send them to the Mediterrenean.

Week 28 1915

Western Europe
Our Navy almost disappeared, but the German Navy is definitely dissapearing now! T’was Week 2 of 1915 that we took Antwerp for the Queen! :goodjob: , or was it the King? I don’t know. Now I started pouring units into the continent to start the domination. It was also during this Week 2 that we saw a major change in Italy, as Venice finally fell to the Austrians. This major development caused the French to suddenly send a bunch of units into Italy to help out. Britain was occupied in other places, so I chose to not send any help to Italy.

In the following weeks the Germans would set up a couple of Artillery Groups in The Netherlands and continually hit my units at Antwerp. But this is not Russia, I have offensive units this time and took it to them. It wasn’t easy, but we cleared them out and now we had access to all the Dutch roads with a direct path to Bremen, which was being reduced to rubble by our recovering Navy. And so it was Week 22 of 1915 that we marched straight into Bremen and took the first piece of Germany territory to claim as our own!!! :bounce::band: As this happened, a new development occurred in Italy, the French had captured Venice! The Germans are continually using the Dutch railroads to attack Antwerp, so my next move is towards Essen, so they can't move quickly anymore through The Netherlands.

Back in Alsace-Lorraine, we were able to observe some fierce battles in Nancy! I kept my unit a bit back to avoid it getting sucked into the battles, but it appeared the Germans had decided to attack through the frontier. Even more brutal were the continuing battles around Brussels and Liege. The continuing loss of units is unreal, something I did not see in the East while playing as Russia.

BE-1915-28.jpg

Eastern Europe
I set sail from Alexandria on Week 4 1915 towards Bulgaria. With a total of 10 Arty, 10 Flamethrowers, 10 Marines and 9 British Infantry units (I left one in Egypt by accident), it would take quite a few turns to finally arrive in the area. And once we did we had a few accidents with some Turkish naval mines, but nonetheless we landed on the western hills of Dede-Agach and immediately started bombarding it. It was on Week 14 that we crushed the Bulgarians and took the town for Britain! :banana: Although we wanted to hit Sofia asap, we were under a tremendous amount of pressure after waves of Turkish attackers assaulted Dede-Agach. Most irritating was their Army unit who attacked then ran back to the fortresses on the same turn. I sent back our Transport ships to Egypt to pick up some more reinforcements as I was hemorrhaging troops to the Turks in our new found province of Dede-Agach.

BE-1915-14.jpg

Egypt
The Turks were defeated at the Battle of Port Said, but they had settled 2 tiles away with alarming 17 Arty and 35 Land units which just kept bombarding or units round the clock. I’ve kept on build rushing units here to keep Port Said with fresh units. I;ve also built Aiports in Ireland so I can airlift those units to Egypt immediately. Speaking of which, I’m not sure how I can build Brit Infantry and Flamethrowers in Egypt, but only Guerrillas in Ireland. Not sure how Sarevok did this, but I like it! Back to the game, all of a sudden French Navy units appeared out of nowhere and made a landing right outside of Gaza! I’ve got about 8 Arty units in Port Said hitting the Turks back, hopefully this will help the French in their Battle of Gaza. Also, note that Nicosia is getting hit with Arty from the Turkish coast! :gripe:

BE-1915-28b.jpg

Iraq
I made a second attempt to destroy the Turks that have settled in the marshlands, that are just hitting Kuwait with Artillery. I had more success this time, but still weren’t able to finish them off. There’s only 1 Turkish unit left, but now I only have 2 badly injured Infantry. I will give it a go for the 3rd try soon enough.

Miscellaneous
In another development the Germans declared war on Denmark. We are going to make it difficult on them to advance with our Navy nearby. Also, around Gibraltar there are quite a few Spanish Cavalry and Infantry massing on the border. I just know they are coming at any moment. I’ve got 3 Arty and 4 Brit Infantry waiting for them, but I need to start rushing more Infantry asap before it’s too late.

It's a great scenario, but does anyone still have the DIV fast version with reduced map size? Attached is standard DIV 1.6 version.

Attachments

• TGW-DIV 1.6.zip
    118.9 KB · Views: 13
It's a great scenario, but does anyone still have the DIV fast version with reduced map size? Attached is standard DIV 1.6 version.

It might be on the German Civ website. Rocoteh kept a WWII global scenario on there. But honestly, unless you are playing the Russians, this scenario is not that slow.

Week 28 1915
British Military units
3 Workers
2 Combat Engineers
57 British Infantry 10-12-1
1 Cavalry 8-4-3
50 Flamethrowers 15-6-1
2 Entente Machine Gun 1-15-1
3 Armored Cars 10-5-1
5 Guerrilla 6-6-1
35 Garrison (Immobile) 0-12-0
2 Corps (Army)
33 Light Artillery

9 Marines 10-6-1
7 Transports
0 Pre-Dreadnoughts
0 Submarines
1 Destroyers
1 Dreadnoughts
14 Armored Cruisers
2 Light Cruisers
3 Battlecruisers
0 Coastal Mines
7 Naval Mines

3 Observation Planes

Population: 58,327,000 3rd
Land Area: 83,500 3rd

Building an armed force of Flamethrowers!! These are the powerful offensive units that will keep us marching through to Berlin!

Northwest Europe
Battle of Antwerp
The German attacks intensified early on in the second half of the year. All through the Dutch railroads, nothing we can do about that other than conquering the Dutch too. Had to rush build some units from the island because we were losing so many units.

1st Battle of Essen
Essen is the city that is allowing the Germans to travel through Dutch roads and attack Antwerp on the same turn. Liege is another, but currently under French siege. At Week 23 I sent in an attack force but we were dealt with a fiery response from the Germans, we had suffered too many losses just getting into German Territory and thus didn’t even get to launch an assault on the city. The Great Retreat from Essen had begun as the first attempt to conquer had failed! :blush:

By Week 34 I begun using Chlorine Gas to great effect on the German units. And because the attacks on Antwerp wouldn’t stop, I decided to attempt another attack on Essen. :)

2nd Battle of Essen
At Week 42 I sent in 15 Flamethrowers into Essen, 11 more in reserve. All backed by 8 Arty and some Infantry. In reserve because after disembarking at Antwerp, I did not take into account the rails are not unlimited movement in this scenario! But I refused to wait another turn, so the fighting began! My 15 Flamethrower units couldn’t breakthrough and the second wave of 11 units also didn’t make it. I sent in some Infantry but the Alliance Machine Gunners were too much and we had to retreat to protect the injured units plus thr Arty. We lost around 18 Flamethrower units, thus ended the 2nd Battle of Essen in another German victory. :blush::blush:

It was also in Week 42 however that the French did capture Liege! I’d like to think it was the battles in Essen that allowed the French to make their breakthrough! :goodjob: The Germans would recapture Liege in Week 44, but the French would liberate it right back in Week 46 and hold onto it, for now.

Bulgaria
After defeating some probing attacks in Dede, we sent the majority of our forces to take Sofia and in Week 38 we took the Bulgarian capital! :rockon: The Bulgarians were reeling, so we stepped on the pedal and immediately sent 5 Marines, 7 Flamethrowers 2 Inf units to the adjacent western tile to attack the final Bulgarian city Varna. We left only 3 defenders in each conquered town, sometimes you just gotta go for it! And so it was on Week 40 that the British captured Varna and eliminated the Bulgarians once and for all! :band: But it was a steep price to pay and we now needed to rush more units in Egypt to get them up here to defend against the oncoming Austrians! It's 4 tiles deep just to get into position to attack Constantinople/Istanbul, we're going to need some time to regroup here before that can happen.

BE-1915-40.jpg

Battle of Thrace
The Austrians never came from the north, the Russians must be seriously giving it to them! But the Ottoman in the east have been sending wave after wave of units. I did bring in a shipment of fresh Infantry from Egypt and so far have been holding on to Dede, but the losses are piling up quick!

Iraq
Ottomans were killed on Basra road, but 5 of our Arty units were lost on next turn, absolutely terrible blunder!!! [pissed] There is only 1 Garrison, 1 Entente MG, 2 Infantry against 6 Arty and 7 land Ottoman units. Will have to slow rush build my units here again.

In other developments, the Italians and French made other amphibious landings in Syria and Lebanon. The German and Danish War ended with no territory changing hands. The Greeks took Valona from Albania and peace was declared. The Russians are making big advances, taking Krakow, Lemberg and Tarnopol!! :popcorn:
BE-1916-2.jpg

Week 2 1916
British Military units
3 Workers
2 Combat Engineers
74 British Infantry 10-12-1
10 Cavalry 8-4-3
33 Flamethrowers 15-6-1
1 Entente Machine Gun 1-15-1
0 Armored Cars 10-5-1
2 Guerrilla 6-6-1
2 Corps (Army)
39 Light Artillery
4 Chlorine Gas

7 Marines 10-6-1
7 Transports
0 Pre-Dreadnoughts
0 Submarines
1 Destroyers
1 Dreadnoughts
15 Armored Cruisers
3 Light Cruisers
3 Battlecruisers
0 Coastal Mines
7 Naval Mines

3 Observation Planes

Population: 85,901,,000 3rd
Land Area: 85,000 3rd

Reconstituting my Flamethrower units asap, after heavy losses.

Northwest Europe
3rd Battle of Essen
With a decent number of Chlorine Gas shells, we arrived once more to the city gates of Essen on Week 12. This was the missing weapon of the first 2 attempts, because this time we just gassed the hell out of the Germans before going in with the Flamethrowers and took the city finally!! :ar15: From here, we are going to take whole of Northern Germany and then Hannover. Ill leave the Rhine River area to the French.

BE-1916-12.jpg

We next cleared the roads in The Netherlands and marched straight into Hamburg! :clap: I was a bit concerned about losing Hamburg on the next turn, because I did not reinforce it with a proper number of units, but the Germans only sent 2 Flamethrowers and I Tank unit in response. I took this as a sign, they were pretty much a spent force at this point. The German AI cannot handle all of the attacks coming from so many directions. Thus I decided at this point to stop rush-building units for AI fairness, :hatsoff: I will still rush improvements though. Also, the only airlifting I will conduct is from Europe to Egypt, because that is too long of a trip. Bulgaria to be only reinforced by sea! The Germans would come after Essen pretty hard, which kept me from advancing further into Northern German, for now.

BE-1916-16.jpg

Thrace
We’ve been pinned down in Dede throughout this whole time, have already sent in more shipments of Arty and Infantry to keep up with the attrition. The Turks have amassed an insane and unbelievable number of Arty units along with Light Machine Gun units, then they send in their Army units to attack and retreat, so I don’t have a chance of getting them back. The attack on Constantinople is very much far away from happening with our paltry force that is barley hanging on!! :blush:

BE-1916-24.jpg

Elsewhere, there have been more French and Italian landings in Israel and Lebanon coasts. The help is appreciated, but they are getting absolutely slaughtered almost immediately! :yup: In the east the Russians are still pushing and they have taken Memel from the Germans!!! Not even I was able to do that playing as the Russians! :cry:

The Spaniards who were inching for war against whomever finally set their eyes on the smaller Dutch and attacked The Netherlands. I was able to witness the large quantity of units and man, they probably would’ve taken Gibraltar if they wanted too, They quickly took Amsterdam and Arnhem, but are having a hard time finishing them in Rotterdam. They are losing a ton of units, hopefully this will dissuade them from attacking us next. Then somehow or another they are now at war with Russia, not sure who started this one, but it will be interesting! :popcorn:

It is absolutely amazing to see the ai use arty and armies in such a clever way as you describe. Flintlock mod is awesome!
In this scenario the AI mostly avoids attacking cities, unless the city has few defenders, or it has a an Army unit which makes it think can win the battle. Pre-Flintlock, the AI Armies were useless, so this is a big change!
I need to do the WWII Pacific scenario with all of the offensive units, to see how that plays out with Flintlock mod.

Week 26 1916
British Military units
4 Workers
2 Combat Engineers
76 British Infantry 10-12-1
6 Cavalry 8-4-3
49 Flamethrowers 15-6-1
14 Entente Machine Gun 1-15-1
0 Armored Cars 10-5-1
2 Guerrilla 6-6-1
3 Corps (Army)
42 Light Artillery
1 Chlorine Gas

5 Marines 10-6-1
7 Transports
0 Pre-Dreadnoughts
0 Submarines
1 Destroyers
1 Dreadnoughts
16 Armored Cruisers
3 Light Cruisers
3 Battlecruisers
0 Coastal Mines
7 Naval Mines

1 Anti-Aircraft
3 Observation Planes
9 Zepellins
2 Sopwith Camels

Population: 124,744,000 3rd
Land Area: 87,800 3rd

Starting to build me an Air Force!

Northern Germany
Battle of Lubeck
Sensing the weakness of the Germans now, we continued to roll through Lubeck, which was getting hit hard from our Navy. The battle was quick and we captured Lubeck with some Flamethrowers to spare. :clap: So, I immediately went straight to Kiel.

Battle of Kiel
The battle of Kiel did not go well at all and we were repulsed! Our momentum had come to a stop. :blush: The Germans had more Machine Gunners here, than in Lubeck.
Went to regroup here a bit, but now I’m going to primarily concentrate on massing a big force in Egypt to go through the Ottomans in the Middle East!! I don’t think the Germans are much of a threat anymore.

Also, there has not been one single gas attack by the Germans, so I will need to auto-produce these units for the AI. :yup:

Week 44
Second Battle of Kiel
We regrouped and started piling in more Flamethrowers to throw into Kiel. One weird thing is that I could not hit anything in Kiel with either Artillery or Naval units for several turns! Bombardments do not work in Kiel!! But I had this issue in the Austrian city Nagyszeben, while playing as the Russians too!!! I swear Sarevok has some hidden features all over this scenario! :eek: Nevertheless, I lost way more Flamethrowers that I would have wanted, but I did finally capture Kiel! :rockon: Thus the Germany campaign would end for now, while I prepared for the battles of the Middle East.
BE-1916-44.jpg

I had also built a couple of Railguns, which even in London take a while to complete, only to notice that I couldn’t load them onto a Transport. They are completely useless for Britain!!! Okay with not Airlifting them, but they should at least load into transports!

Thrace
Battles in Thrace created 2 Army units for us in Dede and the attacks by the Ottomans have stopped completely. I noticed that the Russians had captured Ezerum by Week 34. They probably got caught and had to rush over units to the Caucasus.

Middle East

Spent this whole half year massing units for the invasion of the Middle East, I shall be in Damascus by next summer! :yeah:
Elsewhere the Ottomans were moving past Basra to attack the Arabs. They had already captured 2 Arab towns by the end of 1916, the time to go was now!!!

Elsewhere, the Russians had lost Kosice to the Austrians and then Lodz to the Spanish! At Week 48, the Spanish declared war on the Germans too after they had eliminated the Dutch.

Week 2 1917
British Military units
4 Workers
2 Combat Engineers
83 British Infantry 10-12-1
4 Cavalry 8-4-3
49 Flamethrowers 15-6-1
24 Entente Machine Gun 1-15-1
1 Armored Cars 10-5-1
2 Guerrilla 6-6-1
4 Corps (Army)
43 Light Artillery
4 Siege Guns
2 Railguns
7 Chlorine Gas

5 Marines 10-6-1
7 Transports
0 Pre-Dreadnoughts
0 Submarines
1 Destroyers
1 Dreadnoughts
16 Armored Cruisers
3 Light Cruisers
2 Battlecruisers
0 Coastal Mines
7 Naval Mines

4 Anti-Aircraft
3 Observation Planes
1 Zepellins
1 Sopwith Camels

Population: 172,647,984 3rd
Land Area: 90,590 3rd

Got plenty of Flamethrowers, would like to have had some more, but it was time to go. I noticed that the Russians had taken Samson, through some attack from the sea, how impressive! I sensed the Turks getting weaker. Let’s see how far we can go in the Middle East.

A brief mention of Northern Germany in this 6 month period, I held in place and took out many Alliance MG units that crossed into the new provinces of Britain. I had a bunch of Arty and then 4 Siege Guns to finish off the Germans with the lethal land bombard. It was strange that the Germans only sent Alliance MG units which have an offense of 1 to the conflict zone without any offensive units. It was all quite easy to be honest, except for the air battles. I took a pounding here, lost most of our Zepellins and have been getting hit hard by the Germans, especially in Hamburg.

Middle East
Bloody Battle of the Sinai
Week 4 1917 - The first task in the Middle East was to take out the Arty SOD, that has been pounding Port Said since 1914! :eek:
The Turkish units consisted of… 17 Arty, 26 Light MG, 7 Turkish Inf and 1 Alliance MG.
British units consisted of… 28 Infantry, 4 Chlorine Gas, 6 Entente MG, 34 Flamethrowers, 4 Marines, plus 8 Arty, 2 Air units and 9 ships providing bombardment.
And with that the attack began, sending all of our units into it. We ended up losing 21 Flamethrowers, 13 Infantry and 3 Marine units in the first wave, but the Turks still had 7 badly injured units left! Ugh! [pissed]But the Turks instead of reinforcing their position, just moved a bunch of Arty units back to Gaza, with this we were able to eliminate the enemy on the next turn, thus capturing the Sinai and around 10 pieces of Artillery. :D Now I have been disbanding enemy Arty for AI fairplay, but in this instance I figure I could send these units to Saudi Arabia to help out the Arabs in their defense, so I temporarily sent them to Port Said, which was now out of Turkish Arty range! :p

Battle of Gaza
So I needed to reconstitute a bit before attempting to capture Gaza, but by week 12 I was ready and sent in a new batch of Flamethrowers. It ended up being a bit of an easier fight than expected and Gaza was captured! :clap:But just as I thought we were going to roll through Palestine, there before us on the eastern hills of Gaza stood another bigger Arty SOD blocking the path to Jerusalem, good grief you gotta be kidding me!!! :wallbash::gripe:

I know from the Russian game that the defensive AI Arty stack of doom will not move once it has a target to hit. So, I’m forcing myself to go right through them in an effort to be fair, but man them hills are going to be tough!! I ended up not disbanding the captured Arty units in Gaza either, because I was absolutely going to need them here. :nya: Thus by week 26, I felt slightly confident that I had enough units plus, I didn’t want to bore myself just waiting it out. :lol:

This image below is right after the capture of Gaza, but the unit numbers indicated are from Week 26 right as the bloody battle of the Eastern Gaza Hills was to commence. :sniper:
BE-1917-12.jpg

Last edited:
Week 26 1917
British Military units
2 Workers
1 Combat Engineers
81 British Infantry 10-12-1
4 Cavalry 8-4-3
69 Flamethrowers 15-6-1
29 Entente Machine Gun 1-15-1
1 Armored Cars 10-5-1
3 Guerrilla 6-6-1
4 Corps (Army)
44 Light Artillery
4 Siege Guns
2 Railguns
2 Chlorine Gas

3 Marines 10-6-1
7 Transports
0 Pre-Dreadnoughts
0 Submarines
1 Destroyers
2 Dreadnoughts
16 Armored Cruisers
3 Light Cruisers
2 Battlecruisers
0 Coastal Mines
7 Naval Mines

4 Anti-Aircraft
3 Observation Planes
4 Zepellins
5 Sopwith Camels

Population: 203,162,992 3rd
Land Area: 92,600 3rd

Big Flamethtower force established!

Middle East
Battle of the Eastern Gaza Hills, also known as the Hillside Massacre
Order of Battle – We had 56 Flamethrowers, 24 British Infantry and 2 Marines, the rest were Entente MG, which are just there to defend the city. We bombarded as much as we could and then sent in the Flamethrowers first, then the Infantry and then the Marines. The Arty had barely taken 1 HP off of the Turkish, so we were up against a bunch of fully healthy Light Machine Gun units with a Defense of 12 and a 50% bonus on the Hills. :undecide: It was quite frustrating seeing us red-line the Turkish units right before losing our own unit! :blush: It happened so many times! :mad: But in the end, the carnage consisted of 47 Flamethrowers, all 24 Infantry and both 2 Marines units completely eliminated!!! The very next turn, the Turks reinforced their line with more fresh units. :cry: It was over, we were not going to Damascus, not even Jerusalem. :faint:

As the remaining Flamethrowers recovered I figured to just concentrate on Germany from now on, so all new units from Britain were ordered to Northern Germany to continue the fight there.

But then I had the idea of sending another force down the Red Sea to attack the Turks where they bordered the Arabs. :) So I still kept airlifting the units from Ireland to help reconstitute these forces and on Week 32 I set sail for Arabia. But just as I left, the Sipahis started attacking Gaza in mass! I had to turn the ships right back to Port Said, as I got very close to losing Gaza. While I turned Gaza into a well-armed Fortress, I sent my Navy to destroy all of the coastal roads in Arabia to slow down any reinforcement once I landed my units. I do wonder if the AI takes this as signal, that something big is about to happen down here.

BE-1917-34.jpg

Saudi Arabian Campaign
By Week 42, I set sail again and on Week 46 we were attacking Umm Lajj with a fresh batch of Flamethrowers, only lost a few of them and captured the town! :sniper:The Sipahis were already on their way, but our Navy and lack of roads should slow them down. I don’t have enough defenders here, so I will need to go back to Port Said to some up before moving south. I’m also planning on moving north with some 7 Arty units to investigate the situation in the Arab lands.

Bulgaria Colony
I’ve not mentioned this theater of war in a while and that is because nothing major has happened for a long time. I was able to build the Secret Police HQ in Sofia and that help increase production, that I was now getting new units without having to ship them out from Africa. The occasional Turk or Austrian would show up, but they were handled immediately. Dede continued to get pounded by Arty, but we just learned to live with it.

Montenegro declared war on Greeks, then they were eliminated on Week 32. They calculated that quite wrong!

Germany
Began shipping some units to Hamburg for the planned attack on Hanover, the obvious next choice to conquer. But we had a terrible incident when a Transport ship full of 10 units onboard were attacked and sunk by the German air units. Seriously, I never imagined this scenario would give any planes the lethal sea bombardment tag and I was just sending Transports unescorted. Well that was a huge setback in our plans for Hanover, but we’ll get there eventually. England builds lots of units pretty quickly! And by Week 52, we sent a load of Flamethrowers into Germany and dominated them completely capturing the city! :hug: Germany had nothing left, Koln was under constant French attacks and they weren’t building anything other than Alliance MG units.

BE-1917-52.jpg

The end game…
This was my moment to call it, VPs were 164,845 to 132,099 and this was without Russia, since I had to separate them out to fight the Bolsheviks. But the real reasons to stop were…
  1. 20 minute AI turns, yep I timed it. That’s like a full hour of just waiting for the AI to make 5 turns. I need a better computer! This is the reason I can’t go far into other scenarios like the Defeat into Victory one. :hammer2:
  2. The dispensible Yanks never showed up. I need to check this out, but the American War Entry tech does nothing, you have to finish all techs including stuff like Satellies and Conductors or something to get the right improvements to start auto-producing units and all of those techs are at the very end, I’ll never get there without tech trading.:hmm: Speaking of tech trading, I’m going to allow that, as these techs take forever to research, it’s say a full 75% of my techs were stolen from the Germans.

After some more tinkering with this scenario, I’ll try again with the French. I want to war game Plan 17 and see how that goes for me.

Chalito see if trade over sea is enable and if so disable it. Change the maintenance cost of all buildings to zero. That should speed your turns up. The only downside is:

1. You'll be swimming is cash
2. You won't be able to build some units in cities that are not connected to the mainland and it's resources.

I’ve made the request here, if anyone has the DIV version.

I’ll try messing with the maintenance cost, thanks!! I’m concerned disabling the sea trade will just affect England, the only Capital outside of the continent.

I’ll try messing with the maintenance cost, thanks!! I’m concerned disabling the sea trade will just affect England, the only Capital outside of the continent.
What I did to solve the problem of England was simply add resources to the British Isles so that they could at least build all their units in the home territory.

Then I added some extra resources at the extreme south of the North African area of the map. Whoever can connect those resources with a road can start building stuff in North Africa and Egypt.

What I did to solve the problem of England was simply add resources to the British Isles so that they could at least build all their units in the home territory.

Then I added some extra resources at the extreme south of the North African area of the map. Whoever can connect those resources with a road can start building stuff in North Africa and Egypt.
That also sounds realistic, bc the Cape of Good Hope was a key location during that time.

Top Bottom