The Law of the Jungle

The jungle is a harsh mistress.
There are few men fit to survive her, fewer still fit to rule her.
There is no shame in realizing you are not one of them.

It is not safe here!
He who deserves, gets?
He who works hard - he who toils, gets!?!
HAH!
This is not the way of the jungle.

Leave now, ALL OF YOU, GO!!!
For the jungle will be the death of you if you stay....
...the death of you....
....the death....
:mwaha:

tsk, tsk. I suppose my failed experiment may get people to think... foolish thought, in GaP. I suppose a more orthodox playthrough style in this game is perhaps superior after all. I shalt revoke my previous assertion of permananent death and rejoin this game as

Ipalnemoani of the House Titlacauan on the gem tile, toiling

oh, and I will leave it to the various people on this thread to figure out what the names mean in Nahuatl ;)

Since turn 0 is a full turn, 0 to 9 is 10 turns played.

Of course. But shouldn't we have then played turn 9 and hit Next Turn, thereby playing the 10th turn instead of stopping before it was played?

I guess the only difference is whether you hit Next Turn for one last time before you post the game state. If you did, then we'd avoid things like "NPC will finish Monument between turns."

Of course. But shouldn't we have then played turn 9 and hit Next Turn, thereby playing the 10th turn instead of stopping before it was played?

I guess the only difference is whether you hit Next Turn for one last time before you post the game state. If you did, then we'd avoid things like "NPC will finish Monument between turns."

Right, wrong or indifferent I'm in the habit of viewing all the AI things that happen after you hit the next turn button as the start of T10 rather than the end of T9, so I never hit the button until I'm ready to start T10.

Action changed

The Tlatoani worked hard to finish the monument. He got absolutely no help from his people. "I'll show the sum'biches!" he thought, and started the training regimen for his flabby muscles. He started erecting stone upon stone, at times slowly, from morning to afternoon; at times rapidly for just a couple of moments with great loads until his whole body ached. A dawn came, and another festival, and yet he was not finished. He stopped for a rest, and then climbed the Palace pyramid. He was on top of it in no time, his legs lifted as if by themselves, with no effort expended, and he shouted from the top of the pyramid to his people: "Hail to Quetzalcoatl the mighty!" and fell asleep thinking of great things to do in his land. He decided that the gems should need more attention to benefit the people; therefore he mused on how to research mining....

Ceskari, do you realize we're both researching Mining?

Besides, Mining is only one turn left. If you research something else, you'll give your beakers a better use. What's more, if I my research propose is randomly chosen before yours, your action will be voided and your beakers lost!

Ceskari, do you realize we're both researching Mining?

Besides, Mining is only one turn left. If you research something else, you'll give your beakers a better use. What's more, if I my research propose is randomly chosen before yours, your action will be voided and your beakers lost!

Yahzuk: as a potential resolution to this, can we give orders of research goals, rather than specific techs to research? For instance, if Ceskari were to take a research Bronze Working action, would it count for Mining research on the first turn, followed by BW research on the next 5 turns?

Rest of Aztlan: We can't get to those gems until we finish Bronze Working, because they're on a Jungle tile. Just something to keep in mind.

Whoa, that's true. I thought it was just a forest. Anyway, we're going to need Mining and Bronze Working to have access to both the Gems and the (Bananas) Yilfruit.

Sparthage will Train Wisdom to Level 4, spending 29 gold.

@Captain Tonauac: I would suggest ordering our fellow soldiers south to meet that city state. Then we'll have to move quickly to escape the penninsula before Spain's borders expand and prevent us from leaving the area.

Yahzuk: as a potential resolution to this, can we give orders of research goals, rather than specific techs to research? For instance, if Ceskari were to take a research Bronze Working action, would it count for Mining research on the first turn, followed by BW research on the next 5 turns?

Rest of Aztlan: We can't get to those gems until we finish Bronze Working, because they're on a Jungle tile. Just something to keep in mind.

The existing rules give characters the freedom to work together if they wish to work together and to compete against each other if they wish to compete against each other. There is nothing in need of resolution here.

You've got some interesting ideas for rule changes there. I'll keep my eye out for the PM containing a 25 pt tribute before considering them.

Residents of the gem tile:
also remember, the food'll dissapear when that tile gets improved...

Yahz: Can we get another screenshot (or just text summary) of turns-to-completion for each production item? That was really helpful for the last couple sessions.

Tenoch looked around. In the time since Ahuizotl had died - ironically, as a result of taking out his rage on another peasant - little had changed, though that stability seemed far from permanent. A new citizen had taken Ahuizotl's spot as landlord, and many of the city's nobles were discussing the exploitation of the land for the gems beneath. Tenoch knew that, if that came to pass, he would have to leave, and forego the small amounts of money he'd made from selling the minerals he'd found.

Tenoch was still young, though, and still clamored for that power himself. All of this was idle daydreaming, though, so he returned to toil yet again.

Yahz: Can we get another screenshot (or just text summary) of turns-to-completion for each production item? That was really helpful for the last couple sessions.

A table was already provided in the council session announcement.

Top Bottom