The Man in the Iron Mask : Numéro Deux

Ok...I played a few turns, playing off the Pigstastic advice. And did it one better I think. The idea came to me as I moved the galley in position to drop off Woody. Since we are pretty much in scout mode still, might as well make absolutely sure we don't blow our wad on one bad direction. So I loaded up scout and plopped him on that island to the east.

More land was discovered. In fact the land looks more landmass-y. The musketeers only got a view of a lot more blue.

My plan would be to get the Musketeers over to the land to the east asap. Get the scout up there too after and he can head in an opposite direction. Plus it would keep the galley nearby for one turn in case Muskies prove that this is only another red-herring island.

Then send galley back for Medic and Warrior.

I'm building worker in Suck Island so we can at least get something useful out of it, even if we steal workers later. I considered settler but we may want to dump that city well before 33 turns.

Spoiler :

It's definitely the biggest piece of land we've found so far.

I also agree on worker: even if we steal a worker, an extra worker for chopping to get us up to speed is always nice. And there's a pretty big chance we won't settle a city ourselves for a while, due to maintenance issues. Moving the palace is high on our todo list in any case.

Moving the palace is high on our todo list in any case.

Honestly, it may be the first thing on our to-do list unless the AI's cap is hideous. Ofc, there's nothing much more hideous-er than our current cap. :lol:

Freakin' chop and whip that bad boy

Note to self and team: If we get BW before taking a city (and coming out of revolt) we should switch to slavery immediately.

Cancel me again please, sorry for the troubles..doing what i should have done a looong time ago, taking a long break.

Cancel me again please, sorry for the troubles..doing what i should have done a looong time ago, taking a long break.

come back, My! ;)

Played a few more turns. Dropped off 2 Ms and moved them once. I think we have found the mainland. Scout has been dropped off as well and galley is heading back to pick up 3rd M and warrior.

Spoiler :

I could play a few more turns and try to meet someone or pass it on. Up to y'all.

Attachments

• Eustache Dauger BC-3120.CivBeyondSwordSave
    44.7 KB · Views: 157
dunno seems to me we have big roster even after departure of My (which is a bit shame)... 7 people... you and me both played cca 11 turns... which is okish I would guess

but that's just my opinion ;-) you all know I like shorter turnsets so everyone gets to play more frequent.

We have good pace....

I say "find and kill'em all!"

edit:
actually make it 8 after departure of My according to first post at first page we have rota of 9 (now 8) players... which I think should motivate us to play really short turnsets.

Yeah...let's pass it on and keep em short for now.

Looks like land expands out to the NE with coast on the west side for a bit. I would send scout due north and hug coast. Keep 2 Ms together and head in a NE direction and then follow where the land takes us.

We might want to get a team view of the land after 1 or 2 movements just to make sure we account for how the land looks.

If we meet an AI try to steal a worker first. Get in position to take city asap if 1 to 2 archers. W2 will get W3 and serve as a medic as well. We could go March on M3.

Looks like nocho is UP with me on deck.

@Mylene. Enjoy your long break, come back when you're ready and refreshed :).

Ok, got it. Wife and kids permitting I'll play in about 12 hours from now. Haven't seen the save yet, but I understand that for now it's just a matter of scouting and shipping over the troops. Hope to find an AI and say BON SOIR really loud.

Interesting times. The first AI we meet is Peter of Russia and we tell him sorry, but we need your home. And your worker too, though we'll let him finish that sheep pasture while we heal a moment from a barb attack. :D

The city is renamed to True Paris.

We heal a bit and make our woody 2 a woody 3 and our combat 2 a combat 3. Meanwhile the other musk and the warrior are shipped over too, while the galley heads back for the worker. We are on quite a big "island" (remember this was pangaea, right) and have just met the Dutch who tempt us too with a worker. There's green borders down south which must be Portuguese.

Suck island just built the worker who boarded the ship. Queued a settler but can be changed. True Paris just came out of revolt and timed it such that a chop just came in. Queued a worker, but we might want to change this. We have 2 workers now, could likely steal another from the Dutch. Maybe we could chop out another settler... Also important, True Paris costs us no less than 7.45 in maintenance and we are only in green numbers at 0% science!! The gold will help (thank heavens for creative!), but in any case, we should see to get our palace to the continent asap. For that we seem to need a minimum of 4 cities as the hover text shows. So we need two more cities asap and then chop out a palace. Obviously we could just conquer those cities... Anyway, we shouldn't go bankrupt in the process. Conquest cash could keep us alive while building that palace. Well, it should be manageable, but let's not just blindly burn our cash too soon.

By the way, took the liberty of starting on pottery after BW. Seemed like a logical choice. We're already in slavery, figured the best moment was when True Paris was still in revolt.

Spoiler Random thought :
I'm thinking the 3 musketeers might have made this way easier than the map maker intended. :mischief:

Next is up!

Attachments

• Eustache Dauger BC-2560.CivBeyondSwordSave
    58.7 KB · Views: 156
From our starting position I'd thought about Glight. Not I'm not so sure. Unlikely to play this for at least 24 hours.

can we get rid of sucky island to dutch? I think if AI is less then 3 cities it will take any city? edit: no we can't since it's our capital...dumb from me

there is TONS of good land blocked by true paris and if we give away sucky island we can take true orleans from dutches leaving them on sucky island alone to think about their future...

seems to me that would be best plan looking at SS's.

Then we basically have land for at least 12 cities we can settle on our pace.

if we loose money, we need to war :/
let's kill another AI, then think about strategy :)

I've got as far as loading the save.

Lots of empty land = lots of barbs.

Gwall seems tempting but we're almost certainly too late to build it ourselves (though there's always failgold) and it would require a diversion to masonry.

There's too much stuffo to spawnbust so maybe move a musketeer back to Real Paris and stomp barbs as they appear (Porthos with march is probably best).

I tell you guys...I am kinda happy that there is still at least 6 players before me playing again to fix this mess and start somehow economy :)

I'd gather our musketeers and take out the Dutch. They have 2 cities, if we take them both (or 1 and build one ourselves) we can build the palace and gift SuckCity to the Portugese or whoever these green folks are.

agreed! time to war !:ninja:
We'll have plenty of time after that to look for inteligent thing to do :p

Top Bottom