The Man in the Iron Mask : Numéro Deux

after i looked the save, a small remark, true paris need some defence :/
it's late and barbarians can be close :(

We can use the warrior for defense. He's relatively closeby, nearly healed and could still move this turn.

lymond said:
I'm thinking the 3 musketeers might have made this way easier than the map maker intended.

I hate to admit it, but the roster latched onto my cunning 'just out of reach but not really' trick immediately, which has consequently broken the game (it's my fault!). I envisaged that the Musketeers would get rescued, just not in the Ancient Era. I can see this game just being a foregone conclusion.

I've been watching and become increasingly divided on 'where to from here', but I'm happy for everyone to see this game out, or happy to terminate this game now and roll up a new 'more regulation' map with the same theme (or have a 'third party' roll up a new map as proposed), or happy to dream up some completely new theme given that a few of you weren't that excited about playing Louis XIV again after your SGOTM, or happy to gift the remaining AI tribes a couple of CGII Longbows each to perhaps act as a counter our super units.

I don't consider this one won yet...

if we capture Dutch, manage to build Palace and get rid of sucky island, while not totally striking out and barbs won't kill us, I will be willing to accept it as win, but that is matter of a lot of turns yet to figure out...

agree with vranasm, our suck island did gave us powerfull unit but slow us down enormously. It will be a chalenge to put us back on track...
unless obviously that our 3 mousquetere kill everyone by their own :) but I don't expect it...

I reckon the thing to do is run 100% cash until we've got palace built and sucky island lost. Capture 2 dutch cities asap then start on palace.

there is also the possibility to invade green empire instead (portugal?). All depend of what you see in defence and rapidity of attack.

Played up to 2000bc.

Stole a worker from Billy Oranje, we're now at peace but he's annoyed.

Stole 2 cities from Joao Green, he's also annoyed.

We've discovered Faux France.

Palace in 5 (less with whip/chop).

No research done. Losing 9gpt at 100% cash (23gpt city maintenance atm).

Looks like I'm up. Got it, will check the save tomorrow and play saturday.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear . . . (albeit a bit late :mischief: )

that SG was my SECOND on here, iirc, and tons of fun. will be lurking, and if you don't mind, posting my two cents, occasionally it'll be relevant. :)

this looks like a good time; will enjoy keeping up with it.

:king:

I'm not sure whether the WvO will take SuckCity, he's pretty far away from it. Joao is closer and more likely to accept it. So what I'd do is chop out the Palace, check if we can gift the city to Wvo, if yes, eliminate Joao, otherwise make peace with Joao and gift city.
Do we want to continue the war on the AI's? If we raze the cities, they won't drag us down and the conquest money will fuel research.

as I understood it an AI with less then 3 cities should take any city you will offer them. But I guess tachywaxon will be able to correct, since I think he did the research in Kakumeika (or was it DanF?)

I confirm that it was the way it worked in SGOTM for PD with SB where he had one city left.

Yeh... i did took time to read hundreds of posts from the previous one ^^

Okay, that means I can kill Joao asap. Should I raze or keep his last city?

as I understood it an AI with less then 3 cities should take any city you will offer them. But I guess tachywaxon will be able to correct, since I think he did the research in Kakumeika (or was it DanF?)

In Kakumeika, the idea about 3 cities as maximum requirement was floating as unproven truth (to me at least) for some reason. Probably coming anterior to Kaku when bcool/mabraham (Kaku's real founders) were in other strong teams. DanF never touched that subject. Later I stumbled on that condition when researching about how AI values things in true exchange worth. I was so excited to mathematize trades back then. Seemed to random or unprecise.

Basically, if the AI has 4 cities or more, you cannot trade a distant city as easily (but still theoritically doable if the city is enough worthy; don't recall the details).
But 3 and less, yes, it is doable even if it is outrageously ridiculous. When it comes to certain mechanics, as I say in many places, the AI thinks short term at the most extreme.

We can finish palace in 2 turns with a chop then check it out. Jo will still be alive at that point I suspect.

here is what i'm thinking:
after palace done, make peace with portugal putting suck city in the deal (we are sure he will take it)
wait 10 turns, take oporto and let jao II live on suck island up to the end of the world...

we can always check if dutch will want suck island while dealing with jaoII but i'm not sure.

for palace, whip it next turn is the way to go. we don't need to whip the warrior for hammer overflow :)

in lisbon and guirames, a warrior might be more valuable than a barrack at this time :)

EDIT: for futur techs, we need code of law for CH as we expect in the near fuuture quite a large empire...
I expect oracle not winable. Therefore, writting first then all the way to code of law via priesthood.

btw, we need copper, first settler ust go for a copper in his BFC

Played the first 2 turns, WvO doesn't want SuckCity. I suppose we gift it to Joao, but should I move our Musketeers to WvO, or keep them south, to take Oporto in 10t?

Facts:
oporto is on a hill. utrech also but amsterdam is not.
no copper in BFC of those cities (as long as we can see the tiles)
our 3 musquetmans can go visit dutchland in 4 turns.

I'm tempted to stay south, just to clean it totaly but we have to wait 10 turns...
furthermore, JaoII will have a drain that will kill him and so should not be a problem in near future.

I vote to go for north but only by a slight margin.

for next city, i'm 5-W from true paris

Top Bottom