The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
when did the original 'The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread' start?

(I know I can look it up I just wanted to subscribe with a question)

Why do we have these threads?

because cookies are good

when did the original 'The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread' start?

(I know I can look it up I just wanted to subscribe with a question)
You can use the thread tools to subscribe without having to post.

Can a women ascend the throne of Japan and become Empress regnant?

How will Madonna do with the Super Bowl half-time show?

Can a women ascend the throne of Japan and become Empress regnant?

I think not, the current Japanese second in line have a daughter. So if the "princess" (I dont know what the official title is doesn't give a son the brother of the prince will probably take over.

THere have been eight Empress regents who ruled in their own right in Japanese history. Wiki says so, so it must be accurate!

I didn't get a shot in my knee (it wasn't that type) but I got some pills for it. The box says to take on an empty stomach. Why is this and would it hurt if my stomach was not empty?

I didn't get a shot in my knee (it wasn't that type) but I got some pills for it. The box says to take on an empty stomach. Why is this and would it hurt if my stomach was not empty?

When they tell you what to eat, drink, or not eat or drink with medicine, it is because those things affect how your body will digest and absorb the medicine from your stomach.

There were several empresses of Japan in history, but none since the Mejii Constitution instituted Agnatic Primogeniture. This limitation continued under the constitution that the US forced on Japan after WWII. There has been a move to remove this restriction in recent years, but I do not think it has been successful yet.

There were several empresses of Japan in history, but none since the Mejii Constitution instituted Agnatic Primogeniture. This limitation continued under the constitution that the US forced on Japan after WWII. There has been a move to remove this restriction in recent years, but I do not think it has been successful yet.
Agnatic primogeniture per se doesn't prevent women from inheriting.

A lot of article say "So-and-so has done such-and-such a thing, sources say." Who is this mysterious "sources"? How do they know so much? And why does it seem like such a cheap cop-out that says "I can't be bothered to ask so-and-so directly"? Unless its something unsavory then so-and-so might say it wasnt them but a lookalike.

Agnatic primogeniture per se doesn't prevent women from inheriting.

Of course the law regarding succession reads "The Imperial Throne of Japan shall be succeeded to by legitimate male descendants in the male line of Imperial Ancestors" so what agnatic pimogeniture means doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom