The OMG! Look what happend in RFC Classical World thread

no, those are the civs I haven't met yet. I know nothing about multiplayer.

I don't think this is supposed to happen.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 611
After declaring war on the Celts, one of my Legions discovers the Germani. Pretty much all of the Germani, it seems. The inevitable Battle of the Teutonbuerger Wald Mark II was swiftly followed by the fall of Rome.

Is there a hidden continental boundary that stops them invading Gaul from Germania or an event that triggers when the Romans enter Germania? I can't see how the Celts could have held that lot back for long. It seemed that the arrival of the Legionary in Germania somehow triggered the invasion.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0100.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0100.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,212
  • Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 1,196
  • Civ4ScreenShot0102.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0102.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 1,297
that is the horde that is supposed to spawn at or around 406 AD. I can't imagine what would make them appear so early but I'll check it out tonight.

did you make any changes to any python files during that game? if you did it would explain why that happened.

that is the horde that is supposed to spawn at or around 406 AD. I can't imagine what would make them appear so early but I'll check it out tonight.

did you make any changes to any python files during that game? if you did it would explain why that happened.

No Python changes.

A similar horde seems to have appeared in my most recent game, also just after AD/BC, though I didn't think to check the barb names.

I found the bug. I will fix it tonight but if you want to do it yourself open RiseAndFall.py, search for "sd.setHordeOf406Year = (394 + iRand3)" and change it to "sd.setHordeof406Year(394 + iRand3)".

Not sure how unusual, but Judea got lucky and is now fourth in score, just conquered Antioch from the Selucids, and has stayed friendly enough with the Romans to avoid getting attacked so far.

I find that conquering Syria isn't unusual if the Seleucids collapse early, but 4th in score is certainly new.

in 29 years Jesus, son of Zeus, will be born!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0031.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0031.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 604
Playing as the Bactrians, I opened the WB and I saw this!!!

Also, dat Rome!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    383 KB · Views: 571
And it is about to grow up!

Sassaninds OP , Byzantines under-performing (as usual) though :/

Also, are these Visigoths in Italy?

Especially if there isn't a CNM for them in Asia Minor. Granted in the mods timeframe they really shouldn't be extending there, but still...

Actually they occupied Asia Minor on several occasions during the time frame of this mod. They were driven out each time, usually as a result of internal conflicts and wars in other parts of the Caliphate, but they reached Constantinople in force on two occasions.

That map could well have happened in real life had the Arabs been a bit more effective with some of their campaigns and internal politics.

Finding Arabic names for Anatolia is a little more difficult than for other Muslim-controlled areas, though.

True, but they do exist.

Tarsos (Ṭarsus), Ankyra (Ankurah), Ephesos (Afasus), Sinope (Sanub), Trebizond (Tarabazandah) and Constantinople (al-Qusṭanṭiniyah) are all in "The Lands of the Eastern Caliphate" by Guy Le Strange. Should be simple enough to add them into the CNM, and probably a good idea given the number of Arab players who will try to kill the ERE to ensure they win the tech goal.

Top Bottom