The Prince Charles; Prince of Wales, Lord of the Isles ... and Anti-Scientist?

I dont know too much about homeopathy, from what Ive read about it, sounds kind of strange. But herbal remedies arent necessarily all bad. In some mild conditions, herbal medicines can be effective. Obviously though with severe conditions, standard mainstream medicine is best.

Bozo Erectus said:
I dont know too much about homeopathy, from what Ive read about it, sounds kind of strange. But herbal remedies arent necessarily all bad. In some mild conditions, herbal medicines can be effective. Obviously though with severe conditions, standard mainstream medicine is best.

Thats pretty much how I use it. For a cold or something i'll take homeopathy but if I have a bacterial infection than it's antibiotics.

silver 2039 said:
Thats pretty much how I use it. For a cold or something i'll take homeopathy but if I have a bacterial infection than it's antibiotics.
Funny how I usually take nothing (save maybe some hot tea) for the common cold and somehow I recover in 2-3 days :p

Homeopathy is really just water you know.

The stuff is sometimes so dilute that not even a single molecule of the original substance remains. When asked how this could possibly have any effect the answer from Homeopathic Medicine practioners is that "the water retains the memory of the herb or minerals vital essence". :lol:

This does of course make you wonder how much "memory" water has of the myriad substances that would have been present in it at one time or another before the tiny quantity of Herb or Mineral they purposefully add to it ;)

Load of old bull****, but at least when the study is published the NHS can get back to curing people, rather than hanging up dream catchers and giving people homeopathic tap water.

some people here are equating herbalism with homeopathy, the two are not the same - even if there is some cross-over in practitioners and customers.

lots of herbal remedies do work, for example teatree has antiseptic qualities but you use it in a fairly concentrated form. Totally different from homeopathy where you would treat like with like just diluted to the nth degree.

personally I think Homeopathy is a crock of bull but the effectiveness of many herbal/natural remedies is self-evident.

Hotpoint said:
Homeopathy is really just water you know.
An excellent point! You need to drink lots of liquids to veer off the cold. But if $100 bottled water is your thing, don't let me interfere in you parting with your money ;)

Aphex_Twin said:
An excellent point! You need to drink lots of liquids to veer off the cold. But if $100 bottled water is your thing, don't let me interfere in you parting with your money ;)
Yep, we're all in the wrong business. You get the bottled watwer, peel the label off, and i'll make a new label for 'homeopathic water', and we'll add 4000% to the price. :p
Oh, and as with all of the best crap, it has to be used by a celebrity. I pick tom cruise, he's already a few sandwhiches short of a picnic.

No, it's not water, it's alcohol.
That's the end of the good news, as vodka's a lot cheaper and less obnoxious.
My mum is heavily into anything alternative. She's tried them all, trust me.
(If it's not recognized by the helath profession, it has to be brilliant.)
Anyway, she explained to me that the effectiveness of homeopathic medicines is based on the number of times the substance has been shaken in the preparation.
So you put a drop of stuff into a bucket of booze, shake vigorously 32 times and voila.
Now excuse me while I go and shoot myself. :suicide:

The Prince of Wales will certainly find that alternative and homeopathic therapies will save the British health care system money. The treatments are generally far cheaper than real medical treatments, and the patients are likely to die much faster, thereby saving efforts at treating them in the first place!

The Last Conformist said:
Prince Charles pseudoscientific sympathies are hardly news, are they?
True, but he wasn't lobbing the gov't to adopt them as public policy (As far as I can remember; I don't exactly follow the royals with rapt attention). It also reminded me for Bush's endorsement for ID advocates.

Top Bottom