The Spanish Reconquista (RCQ)

Hi jiikoo again, did u change old civilopedia.txt and pediaicons.txt, and changed it with the new ones? maybe u forgot it but i am sure that problem i had too b4.

Dont worry, if u dont find the problem, i send u my complete Reconquista folder. :)

:goodjob:

I tried a few ideas but they did no work. I dont know where the problem lies. I have the most new files so ? I can not open the .big file so I dont know if the problem is there. The crash report says that something is wrong with the PTW directory. I dont know if this true.

I can be wrong, but ".biq" represent a 'Conquest' game file, then this Scenario has to be in the conquest scenario folder. (Included Reconquista.zip folder).
In my case it would be this:

C:\Archivos de programa\Infogrames\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios

Perhaps yours is not very different from mine, anyways u need Conquest expansion, if dont, this post is useless jiikoo :D

PD: Dont forget to include some units and sounds map maker didnt include inside Reconquista.zip folder, read some .ini units which will not have sounds, if dont, your game will crash surely. (These units and sound often u can search for them in PTW, C3C Art folders). cya hun. :)

I tried downloading the main file from 3D Downloads, but got the response, "The key you are using is invalid."

Is there another place to get this file?

i dont know maimonides, i dowloaded from there correctly :)

Maybe Loulong can help u better than meh :rolleyes:

Thanks, Hep. I think I've got it solved. It's something to do with my web browser. I can only use 3D Downloads once per session. If I try two downloads without rebooting I get that message.

Updated slightly the biq. No need to redownload the main files.
The main interest will show soonish. A very nice player (Qummik) created arrows that will be used with this biq and that I will upload soon.

This was one of the main (IMHO) shortcomings of this scenario as the tech-tree is quite complicated.

So you can download the new biq now and the tech-tree arrows in a few days.

Hi saw this work and had to give it the mantal peice treatment (loaded to Civ Content shelf)
It would make the conquest scenarios volume 2 to say the least. Anyway I was gioving the pedia a look over(first sign of true craftmanship;) ) and very impressed, only the wonders are not explained.

Heres the bug I found. It might be corelated with the new update but every time I try to check the Stategic resources in the Pedia, I get the WIndows has encoutered a problem and needs to close jive

Sorry not even a file name I can give like the usual ones I get but whenever you get a sec and wanna check that Id be appreciative. It might be something you need to look into.

Thanks again man, great product :)

Well, thank you ! :)))))))

About the bug, I know about it. Unfortunately as for you I don't know what causes it, so I cannot really fix it either... (could be a palette issue...).

Hope you had a good time.

Here are the Tech-tree arrows.

Thanks a lot to Qummik for making them.

Unzip them and place them (choose replace) in Civ3/Conquests/Scenarios/Reconquista/Art/Advisors

Edit : files too big so I have uploaded them to 3ddownloads. Will provide the link ASAP.

I finally downloaded this one & started a game. Looks great!

The game crashes to desktop when I build the Huerta Technics Wonder. I am missing the Wonder splash file. I noticed in the 3rd post that you need help finishing this. Is there a fix so my game can continue or do I need to start over & never build that Wonder?

Could you put the file path for the Tech arrows in the OP? That would save someone having to find it on the 10th page of the thread.

Indeed it would save time.
Anyway I will probably release a complete version (with patch and all during July).

The Huerta wonder should be buildable. Did you install the patch ?
However we still do't have proper graphics for it that's true. Hope to have some before the complete release...

I'll definitely d/l the complete version when it's done.

What patch? Where is it? I looked at the OPs again, but I don't see any mention of it.

I just completed a game as Valencia:

-I restarted & didn't build the Huerta Technics because the wonder splash file is missing. No AI ever built it, either, for some reason.

-The National Military Order small wonders crashed the game to desktop if I tried to build two or more in the same turn. It didn't say I was missing a file. I got that "the game has experienced a problem & will now exit" message. I fixed this by building one of them per turn. It worked fine if I didn't build more than one in a single turn.

-I've never seen a resource run out or be discovered as often a sheep in this scenario. Sheep were running out & popping up like crazy-3 or 4 per turn in the last century of the scenario. It's not a problem. I'm just pointing it out because it's so unusual.

-I lost in 1492. I controlled all of Iberia south of Lisbon, but the Almohads had 9k more VPs than me at the end.

-The better defensive units of the Christians make them much tougher. It was easy to run over the Muslim factions, but even small Christian factions were a tough nut to crack. In my next game, I'll concentrate on eliminating the Christians 1st before they get lots of good defensive units.

-I took two Almohad cities without a fight because they had no units in them. I've never seen the AI leave a city totally undefended before.

-Portugal razed 3 or 4 cities in southwest Spain, but it didn't screw up the game too much. One of them was a Victory Location.

An amazing amount of work went into this scenario! The Techs, Units, & Buildings are all great & add to the atmosphere. Thanks for making this.

Question: Isn't Granada on the coast? It's my understanding that Granada was the last great Muslim stronghold to fall in 1492 & that it's on the coast. In this scenario, it's well inland.

Hey, LouLong, whatever happened to your Chinese scenario?

Well, the beta did not draw too much attention and I kind of forgot about it. Had mostly troubles finding names for the "barbarian" cities...
But I should definitely take a look at it again if there is some interest. :)

It was kind of special... BTW. Anyway you can take a look at the beta. Some fresh feedback/input would be welcome... Here is the link :

http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization%203/Mods/Warring States/TianXiaBETAv0.8.zip

It really is beta so I hope you don't mind having some strange names and the like ^^

@ Maimonides : thanks. It is always nice to see people appreciate your work, even if it arrives kind of late ^^

What patch? Where is it? I looked at the OPs again, but I don't see any mention of it.

Right... :( I probably incorporated it... then the bugs you encounter are strange...

I restarted & didn't build the Huerta Technics because the wonder splash file is missing. No AI ever built it, either, for some reason.

Well in the latest version it plays fine... You got the main files at 3DDownloads + the 1.51 biq ???

-The National Military Order small wonders crashed the game to desktop if I tried to build two or more in the same turn. It didn't say I was missing a file. I got that "the game has experienced a problem & will now exit" message. I fixed this by building one of them per turn. It worked fine if I didn't build more than one in a single turn.

What an idea to build both the same turn... ^^ Honestly never heard of that one before, maybe because it happens rarely. Will take a look.

-I've never seen a resource run out or be discovered as often a sheep in this scenario. Sheep were running out & popping up like crazy-3 or 4 per turn in the last century of the scenario. It's not a problem. I'm just pointing it out because it's so unusual.

It should change but definitely not that often. 3 or 4 per turn is too much. Need to down a bit the values here otherwise it gets impossible to plan your production...

-I lost in 1492. I controlled all of Iberia south of Lisbon, but the Almohads had 9k more VPs than me at the end.

Yes Arab civs are though to win over. Best is to actually eradicate them altogether otherwise their cultural values alone can lead them to victories. On the other hand... the Almohads ? You sure it is not the Almoravids ?? Because normally these move into the Iberian peninsula and crush the Almohads after a certain length of time...
If you focus on the Christians, I am pretty sure the Almoravis will probably become the behemoth of the game and win.
BTW what units/techs did the Christians get in your game in 1492 ?

-I took two Almohad cities without a fight because they had no units in them. I've never seen the AI leave a city totally undefended before.

Neither have I. But the Almohads start with few units and have to face a massive onslaught/invasion from the South (Almoravids) while basically having a government that does not really help their military... Could be the reason... Too few troops and a choice to make.

Portugal razed 3 or 4 cities in southwest Spain, but it didn't screw up the game too much. One of them was a Victory Location.

Well, I tried to limit it as much as possible by creating wonders but unfortunately the AI does not really care about cities above VPs and I could not put wonders in every city... well I could but I wanted to give the AI some room to change the map a tad while keeping most cities in place as landmarks.

An amazing amount of work went into this scenario! The Techs, Units, & Buildings are all great & add to the atmosphere. Thanks for making this.

Thanks a lot :)
Indeed I tried, after that it depends on the tastes of the people... but I tried to create some special stuff such as the first cities built by civs such as Leon or Provence are given the name of the real city there ^^ Not much but pleasant I think. The time span and the three eras could be a tad too much for some people though and the tech-tree is a bit complicated although I must say if you add the tech-trees by Qummik it is much easier to understand... and beautiful ! BTW there is a PBEM using this scenario going on if you want to take a look (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=187383). And I am recruting for another one (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=174677).

Question: Isn't Granada on the coast? It's my understanding that Granada was the last great Muslim stronghold to fall in 1492 & that it's on the coast. In this scenario, it's well inland.

Well we are both right ^^
the state of Granada was indeed coastal (it fits the initial set up I gave to the Nasrids). But the city itself is onland in a mountain rangeoverlooking the sea but some distance from it.

@ Maimonides : thanks. It is always nice to see people appreciate your work, even if it arrives kind of late ^^

The work or the appreciation?:lol:

Right... :( I probably incorporated it... then the bugs you encounter are strange...

Well in the latest version it plays fine... You got the main files at 3DDownloads + the 1.51 biq ???

I downloaded it two days ago. Used the link in the OP. I'm pretty sure it said 1.51. I'd try to build it again, but I don't want to waste 40 turns testing it again.

@ What an idea to build both the same turn... ^^ Honestly never heard of that one before, maybe because it happens rarely. Will take a look.

It just seemed natural since I got all three resources at the same time when I researched the Tech & they only took one turn to build.

@ It should change but definitely not that often. 3 or 4 per turn is too much. Need to down a bit the values here otherwise it gets impossible to plan your production...

Like I said, it wasn't a problem. I only noticed one Wonder that requires Sheep & being coastal & I already had that one built when the resource starting bouncing around the map

On the other hand... the Almohads ? You sure it is not the Almoravids ?? Because normally these move into the Iberian peninsula and crush the Almohads after a certain length of time...

Maybe I got them mixed up. I thought the Almohads were the ones based in Morocco at the beginning.

If you focus on the Christians, I am pretty sure the Almoravis will probably become the behemoth of the game and win.

The ones based in Morocco overran the ones based in Spain early. Then I overran all the Muslims eliminating 2 of them in the early 14th century. Despite them only having a few cities in Morocco, they still won at the end with Victory points.

BTW what units/techs did the Christians get in your game in 1492 ?

The Portugese were the most advanced. They had Late Knights at the end. (That sounds funny if you take the K out.) They lost several cities to other Christians at the beginning, but their superior units at the end made them very dangerous.

I was working on Federalism in 1492. I bought 3 or 4 techs from other civs during the game. I never saw any gunpowder units. I had the most territory & highest population by far.

Well, I tried to limit it as much as possible by creating wonders but unfortunately the AI does not really care about cities above VPs and I could not put wonders in every city... well I could but I wanted to give the AI some room to change the map a tad while keeping most cities in place as landmarks.

Looks like it's playing as designed then.:)

BTW there is a PBEM using this scenario going on if you want to take a look (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=187383). And I am recruting for another one (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=174677).

Thanks. I've thought about trying PBEM, but I'm worried that I'd slow a game down too much if something came up in life.

Well we are both right ^^
the state of Granada was indeed coastal (it fits the initial set up I gave to the Nasrids). But the city itself is onland in a mountain rangeoverlooking the sea but some distance from it.

Cool. I learned something new.

The work or the appreciation?

^^ well the frist version was released early even though it always "improved" (at least I hope) and got more completed. It was not critical of your appreciation however but since it is not something like a recent scenario and since Civ4 has been out a while I did not exepct many new players (but I am thrilled it is the case), just some hard-core fans.

I downloaded it two days ago. Used the link in the OP. I'm pretty sure it said 1.51. I'd try to build it again, but I don't want to waste 40 turns testing it again.

Actually what is OP ???
About testing I understand, save of course if you want to play it again using different settings (other civ for instance). hint hint ;)

It just seemed natural since I got all three resources at the same time when I researched the Tech & they only took one turn to build.

Yes they are cheap and quick to build in order to really "matter" at once. Since they are usually built in newly conquered cities where production is low... Definitely need to investigate.

Maybe I got them mixed up. I thought the Almohads were the ones based in Morocco at the beginning.

Indeed it is the opposite. The Almoravids sart in Morroco while the Almohads get crushed ^^ at least they are supposed to. ^^

The Portugese were the most advanced. They had Late Knights at the end. (That sounds funny if you take the K out.) They lost several cities to other Christians at the beginning, but their superior units at the end made them very dangerous.
I was working on Federalism in 1492. I bought 3 or 4 techs from other civs during the game. I never saw any gunpowder units. I had the most territory & highest population by far.

Portuguese indeed tend either to get crushed early or to become real strong , ven though I weakened them. Now what special late units do they have ? Normally these are shared by all Christian kingdoms (of course Valencia does not get them all as it is kind of a cultrally in-between civ)...
So you never reached the third "age"... Maybe the tech-tree is too long. Depends on the level you play as well. At higher levels AIs tend to trade a lot more which fastened research a lot. I saw some gunpowder units myself in some games.

Looks like it's playing as designed then.

Always nice to hear :) even though some players might find it too directive (but these players usually stick to the epic game or to general mods rather than scenarii).

Thanks. I've thought about trying PBEM, but I'm worried that I'd slow a game down too much if something came up in life.

Well trips or holidays happen for everyone. And in case there are replacement players. After that it really depends on whether you feel like you are likely to be a let down or not...

Cool. I learned something new.
Oops always the teacher in me ;)

On the bugs you encountered or others I won't release a new patch. I will only focus on releasing a fully stable and tested "complete" version. It will "look" more finished as well as I got some new gfx (advisors by Qummik !) and hope to get some more for some wonders. But it will take some time as I really don't want to rush anything. And French and Indian Wars and the Boer War will also receive an overhaul and be released as a complete version.

Now for Tianxia (the Chinese Warring States) that depends on the interest it attracts.

Top Bottom