The ultimate, immortal, city-killing warlord

hgthechinese

Warlord
First of all, I'm glad that my title grabbed your attention :D

Ok, so, use a GG on a rather experienced Catapult (25% w/draw chance), give it tactics and flinking I & II, he will then have a bloody 85% chance of withdraw. use all your exp on Guerilla I,II &III......once you accomplish this, (doesn't take long at all w/a Charismatic leader), your catapult will have a 105% chance of withdraw :lol: feel free to abuse this: let your 0.1 health general attack cities and cause collatery damages w/o worrying about it dying, then use any other units to take down the city w/ a bunch injuried soldiers :goodjob:

Why not do the same thing except with a treb? With a treb you would only need to give it tackics and then don't waste promotions on other things except CRI, II and III. That's a 75% withdrawal chance and I think 175% against cities.

Cats don't get Flanking or Guerilla.

The best you can do in the game is Cavalry (30%) with Tactics (30%) with Flanking I (10%) and Flanking II (20%) for a total of 90%

However, that kinda defeats the whole point of a collateral uber cat of doom that never dies...

Can warlords attach to ships?
If they can, Submarine with Tactics and Flanking I, II = 110% withdrawal chance.

@ Sovetskysoyuz

I think that there is a maximum 90% withdrawal chance for any unit.

nbcman

You can manually assign promotions with worldbuilder.

You can attach Warlords to ships, I have done so before to get the ultimate battleship: I had a Combat 3 battleship that got a Warlord, went up to Combat 5 with Leadership. That thing was a beast at seas...

Here's what you do: take all your units out of a city, put ship and Warlord in city, attach Warlord to the ship, then move troops back in.

I don't like to abuse the system in this way :)

I would rather use cats for maximum bombardment and collateral damage.

No, when you make sure that you have only warlord and unit that you want to lead selected (stack of 2 units), experience will go to that unit only. I used to move troops away too, but there is really no need for that.

With BTS a Warlord Naval unit will be good to dominate the new trade route situation. Possibly a privateer.

W/BTS, you wont even get to launch one ship to the sea unless you are the Dutch of the Dutch is in "a far away land"... their special units are just scary.

W/BTS, you wont even get to launch one ship to the sea unless you are the Dutch of the Dutch is in "a far away land"... their special units are just scary.

Your solution is to build frigate

This is the song the Dutches sing..."everything you can do I can do better, I can do everything better than you!"

No, when you make sure that you have only warlord and unit that you want to lead selected (stack of 2 units), experience will go to that unit only. I used to move troops away too, but there is really no need for that.
Err...really? I tried that last night and it didn't work
Barbs scenario, 7 units on the same tile. Selected a treb and a GG, clicked on the 'lead troops' icon, it asked which of the 7 units i wanted the GG to lead, then spread the xp across all 7

On the Dutch UU, its strength is only 6, the frigate is 8. They have but a transient advantage in terms of navies, not one to really brag about--we still don't know the strength of privateers and whether or not they will be able to sink galleons or the Dutch UUs. And their UB is so specific in terms of placement--must have a river and coastal tiles to receive bonus--that I think they will only get a couple of them in the entire game. The traits are the only things going for the Dutch that are pretty good.

Err...really? I tried that last night and it didn't work
Barbs scenario, 7 units on the same tile. Selected a treb and a GG, clicked on the 'lead troops' icon, it asked which of the 7 units i wanted the GG to lead, then spread the xp across all 7

Then i must be wrong, i was certain i had done it by selecting 2 units -- sorry. Probably mixup with selecting some GP's to start golden age (i couldn't try it again since my computer cannot run civ4 atm).

hey Julian.......i mean, HO BEAN! I assume you like the series...what did u think about Giant? ok, off topic now. But anyway, I'm running my mostly unkillable (is that word?) calvery warlord among Monty's archers (dont ask), it is a lot of fun.

Top Bottom