[SCENARIO] The war was tomorrow

TPEHEP

Prince
The war was tomorrow

The world has changed. The last war completely redrawn the political map. Prosperous humanity has stepped into a new era of nanotechnology, but has thrown itself far back. What is knowledge if the infrastructure is destroyed and the factories are in ruins?

You have to take control of one of the new powers. And to raise the industry from scratch, feed the cities dying of hunger, stabilize the economy and, who knows, maybe even return space to mankind. It won't be easy, because to build a banal library you need paper. Factory. Electricity. Chemicals. Brick. Yes, perhaps you will have to start here.

The map repeats real cities, but the borders are now completely different:
  • European Union - a fragment of the old Europe, which has settled on the sidelines of creeping Islamization. A mockery of what was the Union before.
  • Republic of South Africa - vassal of old Europe, the pearl of Africa, completely devoid of autonomy.
  • People's Republic of China - China managed to survive the war, but at what cost? Hundreds of millions have been lost, and in return - only the south of Siberia, and part of Korea with Indochina.
  • Islamic Confederation - the union of part of the primordially Islamic states was forced to unite in the face of danger under the leadership of Turkey.
  • Australia and Oceania - another puppet of old Europe is Australia and the numerous island states, united under one law.
  • National Latin Association - part of South America was united by a new iteration of fascism, young, aggressive, but weak.
  • United Cartels of Mesoamerica - the law has fallen, long live the law! Where the international cartels finally took power, a new confederation arose.
  • European Caliphate - a true European Union, which finally surrendered to the influx of migrants under the yoke of tolerance.
  • Central African Union - forced tribal union of central africa. Few people in the last war paid attention to them, and this allowed the new state to grow stronger.
  • Revived Ottoman Empire - a fragment of the Islamic world, once loyal to Western civilization. Tiny in new realities and probably doomed.
  • Union of Soviet Siberian Republics, Great Russia, Far Eastern Dictatoria - stubs of the Russian Federation, torn apart by the yoke of contradictions and ideologies. Three different powers, will they ever be whole again?
  • Republic of India - like China has changed little geographically. Like China, it has lost its population enormously.
  • Nippon - vassal of NAUS, now not only de facto, but de jure deprived of independence.
  • Federative Republic of Brazil - Brazil has always been careful. So the last war had little effect on its outlines.
  • North American United States - the war merged the United States and Canada together. How - by a peace conference or by means of "humanitarian bombing" - you decide.
  • Union of Independent States - the powers that have retained their "independence" are in fact ruled from outside - the poor, defenseless, completely controlled by the NAUS.
Some of the names of the cities have been changed relative to the traditional English version to create an entourage.

Keep in mind - the map is intentionally unbalanced. Starting the game for the Dictatoria - be prepared to trail hundreds of turns in the tail of civilization, or even graze under the onslaught of neighbors. Be prepared to forget about science for hundreds of turns. Get ready for hunger, rebellion and poverty. Go for it.
U1

U2
1664298475518.jpeg

The map is based on my own space map. (Map size - Gigantic, the size of the Earth is - +-Huge)

Be sure to read:
1. Map is based on SVN 11562
2. Map is strongly not recommended unless you consider yourself an fan in Caveman2Cosmos mod. The simplest buildings have been canceled by the era, and getting the simplest benefits of civilization can be a daunting task. But possible.
3. Be sure to check out your empire's policies in the first three turns - you may not like what you see there.
4. The scenario is very "heavy" - the first loading time can take from 5 to 15 minutes depending on your PC. Further - already much faster.
5. I highly discourage turning on the "size matters" option and playing only at the set settings. Otherwise, "funniest" bugs like x100 to the strength of the starting units are possible.

Just have fun

Attachments

• TWWT_U2.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    7.7 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Ok so this is pretty dang cool as a concept right here.

I'm thinking of exoplanetary civilizations - just for fun, but maybe later.

Ah, if I could still make civilizations for rebellion without making a mod-mod - social-darwinists, neo-feudal aristocracy and the league of free clones would be waiting for us all :))))

Ah, if I could still make civilizations for rebellion without making a mod-mod - social-darwinists, neo-feudal aristocracy and the league of free clones would be waiting for us all :))))
Why not make such a modmod and a specialized scenario to go with it?

Why not make such a modmod and a specialized scenario to go with it?

I very poorly understand the mechanics of this work, and the lack of time and the language barrier prevents me from understanding at a somewhat acceptable level :(

That is, I can collect art and narrative in order to fill the mod-mod with "new" civilizations only, but then how can I turn it into a mod-mod itself - "not by sleep, not by spirit" (russian proverb :) )

Had a guide to xml modding a while back... maybe someone knows where it is and can point it out and maybe it would explain. Or if someone has some time to take you under their wing perhaps. It's really not all that tough.

Had a guide to xml modding a while back... maybe someone knows where it is and can point it out and maybe it would explain. Or if someone has some time to take you under their wing perhaps. It's really not all that tough.

Well, theoretically, I can figure out the corrections of the XML by the principle of similarity myself, just looking at what is available, I have some experience. But this requires a complete list of files and their locations. But how to make the mod refer to my files without touching the original game files and only in this particular map is a mystery to me. Also, as I understand it, the requirements for art imply a certain size and packing them in a certain format. And if the size is not a problem to fit, then packing in some kind of "dds" is already more difficult. I'm a game-designer by profession, not a programmer :)

without touching the original game files and only in this particular map is a mystery to me.
That's a matter of module design - how to make it only on for the map is not really up to you - the player would have to know how to turn it on - or more importantly how to turn it off when they don't want to play your scenario, which is a matter of activating the module in the MLF control file. Look in Assets->Modules to see the MLF file that controls what modules are active and which ones aren't, then take a look at an active module and you'll probably be able to figure it out from that. Modules, if on, override objects the XML files in them refer to, and in many cases add optional content with new XML objects entirely.

The DDS packing is super easy really as long as yes, you get the pixel dimensions correct, have a proper alpha file if you need it, and have downloaded DXTBmp (easily found for free download if you search the forums here for it.) I can help provide the alphas you need if and when you do. You can always use an example art referred to in the xml to find a concept of what you're looking for and where you should store your graphic and how to refer to it.

I'm more a designer than a programmer myself but that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to learn how to apply what we want to design.

Thanks for the clarifications. As they say, I'll be honest - there is nothing worse than unfulfilled promises - while I'm not very sure what I want and will try to figure out how to make exactly the mod-mod. Perhaps (perhaps), I will have such a desire, but for now "I'm too old for this sh.t" :)

Well, plus, while there are thoughts on how to try to implement what I have conceived on the available resource of C2C, need to try.

Added update 1:
  • Some civilizations received nuclear weapons and a fleet at the start
  • Added non-playable factions:
    • The Fleet is a post-war association of the world's leading fleets, which chose the Vostok Antarctic base as a support base. In fact - a powerful pirate community without any serious prospects in the future, but extremely dangerous at the moment
    • Alien civilization of mimic microorganisms - just for fun
  • For testing purposes, several dozen non-playable civilizations have been added, the task of which is to die on the first turn and possibly (possibly) rise up, instead of "normal" civilizations. Asking the players to write - does the mechanics work, or it will be "don't understand what"
  • Changed some relationships, added wars from the start

I tried updated scenario with last SVN (11228) and CTD without any mesagge :(

I tried updated scenario with last SVN (11228) and CTD without any mesagge :(

I have no such problem either when updating the current save, or when new game starting. But I have a very powerful PC. Has it started before? Perhaps the problem is in the PC - the scenario is very "heavy".

In any case, try to write in the bug thread.

I've been playing this on V42 for about 300 turns now, it's smooth and everything seems in order other than the date being completely screwed (it's 76800AD).
Had a good post-apocalyptic feeling to it: it took me a great deal of time to re-establish all complex production chains, finally got rocket fuel and titanium wares and petroleum products going only a good 200 turns into the game.
In 300 turns though, the AIs have not trained a single worker unit or a single military unit that is not a modern APC, bar maybe one or two post-apocalyptic units. They're fundamentally uncapable of doing much at all by the looks of it. Given the lack of roads, they really should prioritize workers though. Worrisome that they don't.

One tip I would give is to disable permanent alliances and perhaps even vassal states since otherwise things will fossilize very quickly from a diplomatic point of view. Now since the AI doesnt' seem capable of training units at all, it's not a big deal to be at war with the entire world, but having 12 or so war/peace declarations each time a team with 2-3 vassals declares on another one is killing my ears.

Also, I cannot figure out how to unlock the manhattan project. Are nukes disabled?

By the way Cell Mimics have one city in Antartida and one in the mirror earth beyond space, that doesn't seem quite right.

Also, I cannot figure out how to unlock the manhattan project. Are nukes disabled?

I have the same problem, the reasons are not clear to me, but I did not understand deeply.

By the way Cell Mimics have one city in Antartida and one in the mirror earth beyond space, that doesn't seem quite right.

I'm thinking of removing them from the scenario altogether. The idea doesn't work the way I expected :(

In general - the game as such starts strongly after the 300th. I myself played until the colonization of mars-venus (1000+ turns), the AI becomes more active on the Earth by this point, but, yes, there is a problem that they ignore the workers. The reasons are not clear to me.

I'm thinking of removing them from the scenario altogether. The idea doesn't work the way I expected :(

It's a cool idea overall, but they should be much stronger in the parallel earth and not have a presence on the main one, so as to be a complete surprise and pose some kind of challenge at the end of space exploration - if that's even possible given the game limitations. I'm not sure I can send troops to parallel earth through the space stuff.

If not though, taking all that space back to reshape earth more accurately could be an idea... the game runs well enough to handle a few more cities on earth I think. Could allow to spread around those clusters of 3-4 cities around each capital area. With how production modifiers work now, you really want your cities to have a lot of workable tiles.

Added update 2 (09.27.22):

• Removed Earth-2. Instead, various areas of space were greatly expanded and reworked.
  • Small rebel civilizations now work more correctly

Last edited:
The scenario TWWT_U2 does not load properly and displays an error, it seems as if it does not load map features such as cities astorioids or forests.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
Top Bottom